• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but why would he come from a first choice defender in an elite Champions League team just to sit on our bench? I know their wages aren't great in Germany but unless he got assurances of immediate first team football there's no way he'd come, he is 25 after all.

trunks206

Established Member
^ Yeah it likely not going to happen for the reasons you've stated, that's why I just wishlist him, but hey it could come out that he has Arsenal DNA,or maybe Arsène gains some incriminating photos of him doing some strange ass **** that he doesnt want to get out so he'll push a move....anything! Until then I'll just be keeping my fingers crossed for a Subotic and Reus double swoop!

Brotherz

I wouldn't bet against our next central defender coming from South America, Wenger regards South America to have the best defenders in the world at present as he has stated recently.
Rodrigo Caio from São Paulo is someone we've been linked with, wouldn't surprise me.

Also another player at left back from South America, Lucas Nahuel Rodriguez from Argentinos juniors is highly rated out there.
I'm sure Wenger will be looking at the left back position for potential, Monreal won't be here for to much longer I think.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Doriva from Brazil and Balanta from River Plate are two I have heard rave reviews about.

Agree with Wenger, and have been saying for a while, South America has the best CBs - Pepe, Silva, Miranda, Godin, Garay etc.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There was a lot of talk about Balanta going to Barca as a Puyol replacement which seems to have died out, apparently they are similar players.

Problem we have is the work permit situation, English clubs are at a massive disadvantage buying young South American talent. There's a reason clubs like Shakhtar and Benfica exclusively look there.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With rumours of us (on Twitter at least) wanting to sign two midfielders this summer I wonder if Wenger would go with something like this against the bigger teams.

New CM - New CM
Özil
Walcott Alexis Ramsey

Floating

Established Member
Penn_ said:
With rumours of us (on Twitter at least) wanting to sign two midfielders this summer I wonder if Wenger would go with something like this against the bigger teams.

New CM - New CM
Özil
Walcott Alexis Ramsey

Never in a million years. We already have one of the top CM's in the league - let's sign two midfielders for no reason to shunt him out to the wing.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Proof said:
I would like us to replace Vermaelen with Agger or Nastasic.

Would take either but prefer Nastasic as him and Chambers could the pairing for years. Carvalho could be a good CB/CM option as well am sold on him now.

IN:

CB - Agger, Nastasic, Carvalho, Martinez
CM - Martnez, Carvalho, Vidal, Khedira

Not actually sure that I want a forward now although would happily sell Giroud and buy Bony for back up. Bony or Sanogo for power and Theo/Sanchez for speed.

Vermaelen can go. Podolski is optional.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think the best replacement for TV we could have got would have been Hector Moreno, he's in his prime, a leftie and he's really good on the ball without being undisciplined like TV or David Luiz. He's been class in the Primera since he arrived.

It's a massive shame he broke his tibia at the WC, out for 5 months I think.

Iceman10

Established Member
Rex Banner said:
I think the best replacement for TV we could have got would have been Hector Moreno, he's in his prime, a leftie and he's really good on the ball without being undisciplined like TV or David Luiz. He's been class in the Primera since he arrived.

It's a massive shame he broke his tibia at the WC, out for 5 months I think.

Marcos Rojo would be a good bet for a left footer, can play LB also and probably is obtainable for somewhere around the fee received for Vermaelen (despite likely co-ownership challenges). Someone with experience already in the PL would obviously have an advantage though. Still a bit confused about AW needling City on Lampard and Sagna *if* he is interested in Nastasic.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Am happy for a premier league level player to come in with scope to improve. Nastasic would be perfect although I would have been happy with a Lescott or Ashleigh Williams nothing to flash is needed. We need a man to come straight in and do a job. Nastasic or Reid for me. Plus a midfielder.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom