• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Vibra

Established Member
I know we massively need defensive cover and a defensive mid (or two) but with Dortmund in the relegation zone (they obviously won't be relegated) we need to break the ****ing bank for Reus

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Aranguiz or Illarramendi or Cabaye are very underrated players that are realistic targets that we can get in January for the holding midfielder role.

Anzac

Established Member
Iceman10 said:
That's already been gone over on the Chambers thread itself and it's best just to park the previous discussion as agree to disagree, time will tell, we all have our individual opinions. Really don't want to retread old ground on this wish list thread and it wasn't the main focus of my comment anyway, was just trying to get some clarity on where Anzac was coming from with the final line of his comment above, i.e. whether his issue is with the signing of Chambers itself or more to do with a bigger picture.

Bigger picture in using the match day squad to provide playing time to develop players, and then also limiting the size/capability of the 25 man squad so as to make places available for developing players u21.

Iceman10

Established Member
^ ok thanks, I need to have a think about that, probably the alternative model would be represented by Man City.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What do people think about Lacazette?

To complete our squad we basically need a CB and DM. I'd like another striker as well but I don't see it happening with the numbers we he up top. However, the likes of Podolski, Rosicky and Campbell will most likely be gone next season which after looking at our squad, opens up space for another attacker.

We're still unlikely to get Cavani or Benzema as they'll have to play up top every game, but someone like Lacazette could cover a few positions and looks a quality player from what I've seen.

CB, CM, ST and then maybe a LB or GK depending on who leaves etc.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only want a central striker signed if they're already heads above what we have or if we wanted Reus to play their.

Anyone watch Serie A know if Lichtsteiner still has a few years in him. Would be a good cheap/free cover for RB. Allowing Chambers more time at CB or even DM.

Plenty of CB's currently running down contracts so you'd hope we'd be all over that.

I think in regards to DM we're more likely to see Khedira etc replace Flamini and then reassess when Arteta retires.

DanAust

Bild.de are reporting City are offering 195k per week to Reus and that is basically a choice between staying at Dortmund or going to Bayern, City, Real, or Barca.
Unless Özil and Mertesaker hold some extra sway Id suggest this wish, sadly, will stay just that..

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Barca still have a transfer ban don't they? I think he'll end up at Real. Maybe they could be talked into selling Isco/Benzema to make way.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I hope he doesn't go to United. They'll probably get rid of/phase out RVP and they desperately need a good wide man. Bringing in Reus, a mid, and a CB, and they'll be good to go on the signings front. I don't think he'd go to City if the offers are relatively similar with the more prestigious clubs.

My money would be on Madrid but unless they sell Ronaldo/Bale/James/Isco/Benz (which I can't see happening, except maybe Isco, even with their crazy transfer policy), I don't see them buying him.

I still have faint hope that we'll sign him (mainly due to the fact he stated he was a fan of us when he was younger and because of our German contingent), but it's fading fast.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I reckon Yanited will definitely have a pop at Reus. Might even come in January. Yanited still have bucket loads to spend at Dortmund might still be hovering above the relegation zone. It would seriously piss me off if Yanited managed to get their grubby mitts on Reus, he needs to play with one of his favourite players anyway.. Our Jack :D.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Scz
Debuchy Schar Kos Gibbs
Illarramendi Ramsey
Özil
Walcott Giroud Alexis

Schar and Illarramendi are said to be open/looking for moves in Janauary.

DanAust

Modified -
THunter said:
With the likes of Podolski, Rosicky and Campbell will most likely be gone next season which after looking at our squad, opens up space for another attacker.

Someone like Lacazette could cover a few positions and looks a quality player from what I've seen.
100% agree, we probably aren't getting Reus, so while everyone is looking at Dortmund we should definitely get Lacazatte under the radar, if those others are going. 10 goals in 12 games for Lyon so far this season and can play left, right and through the middle. Fast tricky and works hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVXbyoGjf9E

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't think another attacker is needed to be honest, just some defensive reinforcements would do for me.

Hard to know exactly who we should sign at CB, but my picks for DM are the same as last season.

Morgan Schneiderlin or Geoffrey Kondogbia. Both well-rounded, can function in an attacking team and strong defensively.

As for an attacking wishlist, that's simply for some of our young forwards/wingers to step up if they get some playing time.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Safe to say we most likely won't sign a European level CB for 25-30M, like say one of the Dortmund lads. So I'm hoping we go for a Premier League proven guy like Reid.

If Wenger wants young and cheap, then I rather Smalling over Van Dijk.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
MutableEarth said:
Don't think another attacker is needed to be honest, just some defensive reinforcements would do for me.

Hard to know exactly who we should sign at CB, but my picks for DM are the same as last season.

Morgan Schneiderlin or Geoffrey Kondogbia. Both well-rounded, can function in an attacking team and strong defensively.

As for an attacking wishlist, that's simply for some of our young forwards/wingers to step up if they get some playing time.

We don't desperately need any more forwards but you can never say no to top class talent. Reus makes us genuine title and champions league contenders, we'd simply sell Campbell and Podolski and loan Gnabry. Reus, Özil, Walcott, Sanchez, Ox, Santi and Welbeck battle for 4 positions. Giroud is sold.

It is clear for all to see that defensively we look exposed due to the fact we are playing a full back at CB and also our midfield does not offer enough protection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom