• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Toast

Established Member
THunter said:
Godin is unbelievable, best CB around right now probably.

Watched Lyon again tonight and Lacazette got another two goals, 17 in the league for him now. If people haven't seen him they need to watch him, he's an Arsenal striker, he's absolutely brilliant. I'd be worried if Sp**s or Liverpool got him.

Can you link me a couple of good compilations?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Here's one,
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtK48nYgWvY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtK48nYgWvY</a>

Don't really like youtube videos though, need to watch him, his link up play is immense.

Toast

Established Member
Cheers for that. Not a fan of youtube vids myself either, but it's a decent way to get a first impression. I may look into him more later. :)

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
THunter said:
Godin is unbelievable, best CB around right now probably.

Watched Lyon again tonight and Lacazette got another two goals, 17 in the league for him now. If people haven't seen him they need to watch him, he's an Arsenal striker, he's absolutely brilliant. I'd be worried if Sp**s or Liverpool got him.

This season he's having must put him above their level. He has to be in the Barce, Real, PSG, City, Chelsea, United, Bayern, Arsenal bracket right now

The hot properties this summer have to be Reus, Lacazette, Firmino. Barce can't trade, United probably stick with what they have, Chelsea probably get 1 of them, Bayern might look for replacements for their ageing wingers, City who knows what their FFO situation is? PSG are just mad but may go for him. Real you never know.

We ofcourse need a DM and a CB.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Speaking of younger/stronger Arteta's, I wouldn't mind Cabaye on loan seeing he's struggling for game time. Everyone wants a big powerhouse like Carvalho or Matic but it's very likely that we're looking for clone of Arteta from a couple of years ago. I want a bit more power in midfield but if we can find a younger Arteta I won't complain.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Wish list. Address areas of concern Cb and Dm. I'll let Arsène pick the players as long as they are in the positions we need I'll be happy

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Khedira or Illaramendi for CM immediately, Mings in from Ipswich for the long haul and he can be used next to Per. Reus and Hummels on pre contracts for the summer.

----------------------Szczsney---------------------
--Debuchy----Koscielny-------Hummels-------Gibbs---
--------------Khedira--------Ramsey---------------
-----------------------Özil-----------------------
-------Sanchez----------Theo------------Reus------

In Europe Santi starts, for tough away fixtures Giroud starts. Wilshere, Welbeck and Ox depends on form.

DanAust

I agree on Schneiderlin.

Wenger been pretty good at buying fringe national team players from countries that have gone on to have success at major tournaments, recently with both Spanish and German players, but winning the major tournaments jacks up all their prices. I wouldn't mind seeing Arsène return to his roots with some French players, they seem to have quite a decent next generation coming through. Starting with Varane and Laporte, wouldn't mind trading in Podolski or Campbell for Lacazette either.

1176285_Arsenal.jpg

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
This is in response to our supposed interest in Loic Perrin. If we're looking to Ligue 1 for a player who can play CDM and CB, as well as being a captain, surely we should be looking to Maxime Gonalons instead.

Iceman10

Established Member
Re. CDM/CM, this would be my ultimate wish:

James McCarthy in the Jan window

Morgan Schneiderlin in the summer window

+ a clear out of CDM/CM players in the summer also, ideally at least three out of four of Arteta, Flamini, Diaby, Coquelin. Chambers can be emergency backup and two ins for three outs would mean one squad space freed up for elsewhere on the pitch. Just a wish, won't happen of course, combined transfer for McCarthy/Schneiderlin would likely be around 45m. Both are homegrown and wage demands shouldn't be high.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Offensively
------------Szczesny
Debuchy-Howedes-Koscielny-Gibbs
------------Wilshere
--------Sissoko-Ramsey
--------------Özil
---------Giroud-Alexis

Defensively
------------Szczesny
Debuchy-Howedes-Koscielny-Gibbs
Sissoko-Wilshere-Ramsey-Alexis
-------------Özil
------------Giroud

Main qualm about the formation though is that when attacking we might be rather susceptible to counter attacks, so perhaps a DM like Gonalons or Carvalho who can drop into CB, with Chamberlain at RCM/RM instead would be better. That way, when our full backs get caught up field we'll have three pseudo-centre backs with Koscielny and Howedes going out wide, with both being comfortable in wide positions, to cover for the full back. Maybe Chambers might be a better bet over Howedes though, as Gonalons or Carvalho could be 4th choice CB, so perhaps no additional CB would be needed.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I've read Gundogan has 18months left on his contract and isn't renewing hos contract. He isn't playing near the level he was but he'd be possible now because of that.

chessygoal

Rumours of Thiago Motta wanting to leave PSG for a PL club. It looks a lot like his agent trying to get a new contract but if he's indeed available I won't mind him here for a short-term fix on our DM problems.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No deals so far. Is it too much to wish that we move early and have players in place in the squad and integrated by the end of January rather than deadline day and them needing probably till mid to late February to get in the groove.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom