• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DanAust

I'm not convinced we NEED a LB. I think we need a goalkeeper (Chelsea definitely won't sell us there's), a CB, a DM and possibly a replacement for Walcott

1224467_Arsenal.jpg

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Schneiderlinn is the only player I think is a must buy, I think the rest of the squad is relatively sorted now. A few areas that could be "stronger" but certainly no real liabilities anywhere.

Lacazette would be a wish replacement for a departing Theo.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How many top defensive players do we have? I count one. Something wrong there, no?

Anyone seen much of Simone Zaza? Looks a Wenger type striker, linked with Juventus.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ashley would be a decent free as it would clear up the awkwardness over his Arsenal legacy after he retires. Can imagine he'd be a great influence in the dressing room for the younger guys like Hector and Chambers.

He is still great defensively, yes his pace has gone but as shown against Liverpool last year and City this one, he is such an intelligent defender he doesn't need it. Would mean Nacho is the clear first choice which helps.

If buying Schneiderlin becomes an auction in the summer and Wenger doesn't get him I think Illara would be a great buy. Really underrated and underused at Real.

Iceman10

Established Member
GDeep, out of interest, what's your wishlist for this summer, assuming a realistic spend, 50-70m net?

Re. GK, I wouldn't be so sure. Scz has potential to be great, it is just a matter of realising that potential but if he cannot adjust to not being #1 for a while then Wenger might just do something. Wenger can tell 'white lies' and play poker with the best of them, we all know not to read too much into what he says to the media. Can go either way at this point.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
IN:

Cech
Contreao
Pogba/Schneiderlin/Kondogbia/Khedira/Illaramendi

OUT:

Szszsney
Jenkinson
Gibbs
Diaby
Arteta
Flamini
Podolski
Sanogo

Vibra

Established Member
I HIGHLY doubt we're going for a left back this summer (unless Alaba comes out and says he's a lifelong Arsenal fan and will slit his wrists if he doesn't get the transfer)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Vibra said:
I HIGHLY doubt we're going for a left back this summer (unless Alaba comes out and says he's a lifelong Arsenal fan and will slit his wrists if he doesn't get the transfer)

Do you know I think I read somewhere Alaba is a massive Arsenal fan like Fekir, Lacazette and Sturridge incidentally. Don't think he'll threaten to slit his wrists though :(

Iceman10

Established Member
Schneiderlin has shown enough to me at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge that he has to be a priority target, and most of us agree on that. Hope those rumours of something already agreed are true, somehow doubt it though. Calm head, a good tactical brain on top of everything else, he is perfectly capable of being a virtual extra CB if we push up also, esp. full backs.

Why have things not worked out for Contreao at RM? I haven't followed the player closely, just want to know why RM are apparently offering him to clubs and why would he still be good enough for us on that basis?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Iceman10 said:
GDeep, out of interest, what's your wishlist for this summer, assuming a realistic spend, 50-70m net?

With those budgets I would prioritise Cech, Schneiderlin and an attacker - who could be a young gun like Dybala, maybe Vietto or Lacazette, or a potentially out of favour and experienced guy like Dzeko.

Iceman10

Established Member
Yeah, pretty much the same. Schneiderlin (or Kondogbia) and an attacker, so that would be about 50m and would be the core of a good transfer window.

... then look to other possibilities *if* they arise, e.g. Cech, Varane.

Podolski will likely go, but we won't get much for him. If we get Lacazette or Dybala they can play alongside or instead of Giroud, so that would probably mean Campbell out as well (~10m), and tbh those two players would be upgrades anyway over where he is right now. At minimum Campbell needs another season at Villarreal before being fully ready for us able to get good match time. Jenks tbd also.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
BALEEEEEEEEE!

Ex Spud but seems to want an escape back to the Premier league. 60m should do it and give him Walcott and Podolski's wages when we sell them (190-200k).

We'd have one of Europe's most fearsome attacks with Sanchez, Bale and Özil with one of Giroud/Ox/Welbeck.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Rex Banner said:
Vibra said:

Do you know I think I read somewhere Alaba is a massive Arsenal fan like Fekir, Lacazette and Sturridge incidentally. Don't think he'll threaten to slit his wrists though :(
It is hughly likely that Alaba is an Arsenal fan because he has Nigerian roots. However, being a fan is not what motivates non-Europeans to sign for a team; it is about what they earn.

I don't rate Alaba as highly as many here seem to rate him although I believe he is a good LB.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Still think we lack another good defender, maybe a versatile type. Wenger probably fancies Chambers to develop into that.

I'm not sure, Bellerin, Gibbs, Chambers (not yet), aren't top defenders, Gabriel is still unknown, Per is flaky, and I don't rate Debuchy.

I don't see enough top defenders in our team right now.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
During the Toon match, I thought we missed a Strootman. Tough tackling tall midfield leader. Of Course Pogba would do too.

Stroot has been out with injuries for a while, but I expect him to be back even stronger.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Really rate him very high. Good technical skills. Good passing and shooting. Strong header. Tackles and wins balls.

But this is what I missed most this afternoon: Tactically he's very smart and he'll put the players around him in the right spot ( more than say Pogba would). His winning mentality allows no sloppyness around him. Good captain.

Still we have to see how he returns, but I'm very positive.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Let's go french Lacezete, Fekir, Imbula

truth_hurts said:
BALEEEEEEEEE!

Ex Spud but seems to want an escape back to the Premier league. 60m should do it and give him Walcott and Podolski's wages when we sell them (190-200k).

We'd have one of Europe's most fearsome attacks with Sanchez, Bale and Özil with one of Giroud/Ox/Welbeck.

That would be epic, an Arsenal fan too

Latest posts

Top Bottom