• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DanAust

Getting Bale would be too good...

If Walcott keeps stuffing round, send him back to Saints for Schniederlin in a straight swap after they finish 4th ahead of Liverpool,Sp**s and Man U (and we win the double obviously). Sell Podolski and throw money at Bale after Ramsey taps him up...
Now thats a wonderful banter-full wish. :bounce

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
GDeep said:
60M should do it? Real paid 77-85M.

Unlikely that they would expect a world record bid for Bale. 60m cash would very likely be enough.

Would be money well spent but hugely unlikely.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I thought real paid 90 to 100m for Bale? Either way they usually hold out for big fees these days. I'm not sure we'd spend 60m on 1 player, we didn't goto 50m for Suarez

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We'd have to get a new CF if Bale came in imo. The problem we'd have is that both Alexis and Bale would cut in so crossing supply to Giroud would dry up somewhat.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When Bale comes back to England he'll join United, they'll want him and they'll pay more than any other English club to get him, because they can.

We've no chance.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Bigbludfire said:
In what world would we ever pay £60m+ for Bale?

A world where we paid 42.5m for Özil.

Özil was the best number 10 in the world after Messi, and Wenger was aware of his talent years before. Bale is what exactly? We're not paying 20 more million for a player who might not even be in the top 5 best wingers.

DanAust

In all seriousness, Bale would add two things we don't have - goals from distance and goals from free kicks. In his best year at Spuds I remember some commentators were saying free kicks around the area were as good as a penalty for him. It may stop teams from dropping so deep if he was blasting them from midfield.

Iceman10

Established Member
I know this is the wishlist but would he join us over United with them going crazy with wages and having DdG who can be used in part exchange?

florentp

This guy :

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/cyD-eW6pRdE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/cyD-eW6pRdE</a>

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Take it there'd be no point making a Sterling based on the current rumours...... we're being linked to him by the Mirror and the Metro I think. Anyways he's not signing a new contract at the moment. I'd definitely take him here as a replacement for Theo tbh. Doubt there's even a fraction of truth in it though.

Iceman10

Established Member
Seems a bit strange all this stuff over Sterling when his contract runs until the summer of 2017. Unless things are really bad Liverpool should be able to keep him for one more season at least; anyway that's my two cents worth.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This guy :

<a class="postlink" href="" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">
No need, he reminds me so much of wilshere it's scary. Wilshere with a more tactically disciplined brain imo.

edit: We can finally embed youtube videos:D

Top Bottom