• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I found myself nodding along when reading...

lee1001

Established Member
http://www.arsenal-world.co.uk/news/loa ... &id=159369

I don't know about the rest of you...but everytime Manure or Chelski play in the CL i try and be patriotic, try and support the English team but everytime find myself routing for the opposition.
I can't help it. I try and get behind them but just can't do it.
The article above really struck a chord with me as its exactly how i feel about Chelski this season.

"And then we have Chelsea, a club that is currently built on precious little more than an obscene pile of money, a tidal wave of sympathy and (regardless of HOW much money is spent) the unconditional backing of a hypocritical press and media.

I honestly found it scary to think that a club like this, a bunch of jumped up, get rich quick merchants, could possibly be propelled to victory in the Champions League on the back of these things only for the press and the media to then have us all believe that it would have been good for English football."

SOOO TRUE!!

Soler

Established Member
I'm not patriotic at all when it comes to club football. If Chelsea are playing Monaco, I support Monaco. I can't bring myself to do it, so I don't. And really, the last thing we want is the wankers from West London winning anything - they're smug now, and they haven't won anything!

Mark

Established Member
I never support the English team. Especially if it's Man U or Chelski. No way.

JazzG

Established Member
The only time I can remember supporting an english team was the toon when they went on a little run in the CL, apart from that I always want the english team to lose.

kanooo

Mad Jens said:
I'm not patriotic at all when it comes to club football. If Chelsea are playing Monaco, I support Monaco. I can't bring myself to do it, so I don't. And really, the last thing we want is the wankers from West London winning anything - they're smug now, and they haven't won anything!

Same here! I didn't give a rat's ass about Chelsea and was supporting for Monaco as well.

But I have to admit I wanted Manure to beat Deportivo a few years back (as that was the year we got out from 2nd round due to 2 comprehensive losses to Depor).

As for this year's final, I think it'll be Monaco's. People didn't give them much credit but they really deserve to be in the final. They have beaten strong Spanish teams on the way as well as Depor (8:3 win btw) and Real found out. I'll be backing them to beat Porto.

Biggus

Established Member
I wanted Manure to beat Deportivo a few years back

WTF!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kanooo you should be ashamed of yourself . I only hope you have a good excuse....like temporary Insanity :?

namliam

Yeah..i always support the team not playing in the EPL as it dosent matter as much..i mean if Juve or Real or AC won it .. it dosent have much of a bearing on the EPL whereas if Manure or Chelski won it..it would be "Chelsea show the way in Europe" "Man u show Arsenal how it's done" etc. etc. ...I think thats the same everyhwhere, so Real madrid fans prolly rooted for Porto whilst Marseille and PSG fans were cheering Chelsea on...

I was a hard core monaco fan. Other wise, every time we say the words "champions of the premier league" for the next 12-14 months some smart ass would turn around and sneer "the champions of europe". The only english team to win a champions league will be arsenal. :evil:

MAK

To hell with supporting other English teans in Europe. What does their success mean to us? Nothing. If the Moaners or Blue **** with the CL they get richer and we have a mountain to climb to catch up.

When I was young I would sort of support Liverpool, Forrest & Villa when they played in European Cup final. In those days we didn't challenge for much and it was cool to see English teams do well. They weren't arrogant, played good football and had some great players. However, in 84 I did support whoever the **** played against in the UEFA cup final. Shame the lillywhites won it.

Like most people here I support Arsenal with a passion and that means hating every other English team. I quite like Ajax, Barca & Milan though.

Ladygooner

I would have supported Chelsea if they had been in the final of the UEFA cup, but not the Champions League. They didn't deserve to win the Champions League because, for starters...... THEY ARE NOT CHAMPIONS, and haven't been for the last 50 years or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Arsenal had not won the EPL, I would not have wanted ManU or Chelsea to win it. If Chelsea had done so, it would have looked like they could just buy their way to any title they wanted and there would be no hope for the rest of us. All of a sudden, Chelsea think they are Real Madrid and can buy any player they want. Maybe they can, but as results have shown for Madrid and Chelski - it doesn't guarantee success and I am so pleased about that!

Who needs money, when you've got Arsène! Arsène Wenger is a genius and worth more than the whole of Chelsea's squad, IMHO!

A

Anonymous

I don't know about the rest of you...but everytime Manure or Chelski play in the CL i try and be patriotic, try and support the English team but everytime find myself routing for the opposition.
I can't help it. I try and get behind them but just can't do it.
The article above really struck a chord with me as its exactly how i feel about Chelski
I used to think it was being patriotic supporting the 'english teams', in my brain i was telling myself 'support them support them, they are english", but who was i kidding, my heart dominated and as soon as the other team scored i would feel this sudden great feeling inside me that i get whenever united or now chelsea drop points in the league. It is stupid to say you are being patriotic, people say this to me "support the english clubs" but they are our arch rivals, they are individual clubs and if they do better than us it reflects negatively on our team, so why would we support a rival team into doing better than us ???? arsenal and england, not chelsea and united.
regards

Aussie

Established Member
Just think about you want Van ****face to score a goal do you want to see Jimmy Floyd hassibank do that gay little dance? No every game United play in 99% of Arsenal supporters want them to lose 5-0

KingReyes

Established Member
Put it this way..Do Chelsea fans or Manure fans or Spuds fans support us in Europe? No they don't!! So why should I(We) support them?! The last thing I want to see is the ****(whatever team) all happy because they've won in Europe!

P.S Thank you Monaco and Porto!

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom