• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Loses in Final

MightyArsenal

Spain U17 just lost to france thanks to a last minute goal by sameer nasri.

Hard luck to cesc who was easily the man of the match, hitting the bar and usually never missing a pass. Hes gonna be a star in the making for sure and could even get into our first team right now I reckon.

Anyway my top 3 players of the torunament are:

1.Ben Arfa
2.Francesc Fabregas Soler
3. Jeremie Menez

Special mention to Nasri of france and Diego of spain who just miss out in my top 3 but they will be stars of the future for sure.

I also thought it was interesting that diego plays for sevila, and maybe he is one of the reasons why we got reyes, as diego is pure class but goes down a little too easily.
Another side note was that Pique who we are supposedly tracking scored spains equaliser.

Anyway all in all a good tournament, and a good final. I wouldnt mind wenger trying to get Ben arfa in the summer but after this tourny his price will have tripled.

MightyArsenal

Cesc only scored 1 goal in the tourny but that was a penalty. Other then that his long range shooting was awesome and he was the hub of everything good that spain did in the tourney. Hes very similar to vieira except hes smaller and white. Hes not as good as vieira in tackling yet but hes a better attacker. Im prolly going overboard, but theres no doubt he deserves to be playing at U21 level at least cause I rate him higher than wayne rooney.

As for pique, hes alright but senderos will prolly be a better prospect.

MightyArsenal

Wenger mentioned him as "one for next year", so expect him to get onto the bench. Lets not forget he has been on our bench in the champions league :D

lex

cesc took a freekick from about 23 yards out and hit the cross bar, he also took a long range effort from about 30 ytards out and troubled the keep. he also did some magical footwork in the box. all this was against france in the final today

MightyArsenal

Final score 2-1. France the champions at U17 level for first time.

Spain have got to both finals of the U17 this year and lost in both finals....same old spain.

Mark

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Cesc sounds great. Some other good talents to look out for there as well.

Gurgen

Established Member
Cesc was really brilliant today.
I think I haven't seen him give a pass that was not inch-perfect into the feet of a teammate the whole match.
What a prospect for the future.

Top Bottom