• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Keown's Testimonial

Allyboy

Established Member
Have to say, im not impressed by Skys coverage at the moment, the crowd was red hot throughout and you would barely think they broke into song based on so far!

No wonder we have the library reputation! Hope the second half is better!!!

Eastrek

Yeh the crowd was amazing, especially when the Clock End sung "We're the clock end..." the whole stadium joined in and it was deafening. I took some photo's, some turned out really good, in particular one of wright and henry. I will post them tomorrow after work.

afundell

What a game, every goal was great, especially the reyes hat trick. Atmosphere great as well, only a pity Keown didnt score, what a c**t that keeper was. So glad i could be there to say goodbye to a true arsenal legend

Aussie

Established Member
50848972.jpg

King meets King

50849609.jpg

KEOWN

50849032.jpg

What is it with Arsenal players pulling other players shorts down

50849024.jpg

Great to see Wright giving Henry the Golden Boot.It wont be long before Wrightys record is broken by Henry but he has the utmost respect for him.would have loved to see them both in their prime in an Arsenal shirt playing together.....

Best of luck to Keown

A modelling contract with Calvin Klein awaits :lol: :wink:

slapz

Allyboy said:
That was one incredible night!

Highbury was AMAZING!! If only it was always like that!

Will do a full report later, but what a send off for Martin! :lol:

Highbury was only like that cos u were there. Did yer mother have enough time to slag off Beckham? ;)

I would have loved see more of Wrighty and Henry playing together as 10 mins wasnt enough. Wrighty is still a top bloke from the fight with parlour, swapping shirts with a fan and throwing a paddy when his son shot instead of passing it to him.

wrightgooner

Aussie - believe me, I'm no David Beckam fan, but where do you get off from in calling him ****. He made a huge effort to appear for MK 5's night - not to mention the pressure Madrid seemed to put on him not to appear (bet O2 & Nike loved the photos!)

He no longer plays for ManUre - so quit the **** thing please

skart14

My opinion of him(beekham) doesn't change one bit...was, is and always will be overrated ****e in my eyes..but sure was nice of him for playing in the testimonial.. :|

Aussie

Established Member
wrightgooner said:
Aussie - believe me, I'm no David Beckam fan, but where do you get off from in calling him ****. He made a huge effort to appear for MK 5's night - not to mention the pressure Madrid seemed to put on him not to appear (bet O2 & Nike loved the photos!)

He no longer plays for ManUre - so quit the **** thing please

Im glad he showed up but everything about him just really ****s me. If he goes to Chelsea he will be **** again.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It was amazing evening.
I hope that my daughter who is at home will record highlights its on sky at 1.30pm today.

cheek of the goalie saving the penalty :lol:

its a pity Ruud wasn't playin.He could have done what Keown did to him.

Then Keown would have knocked him out :lol:

Jkreffer

Established Member
Personally i think it was fantastic of Beckham to play. He could even of put himself in some serious **** with Madrid for staying on for 3 whole minutes!
Is it me or did anyone else that saw the game think it was great to see Thomas, Davis, Nutty Nige again? It borought back so many great memories, and Marc Overmars, anyne tempted to sign him up again? :wink:

Absolutely fantastic evening. The atmosphere at Highbury was quite rare, it was absolutely booming all night - and all for a good cause as well (ChildLine and Moneypot.)

People want to lay off Beckham. He showed real honour and sportsmanship to turn up and play despite being ordered not to. Real Madrid have gone down in my estimation now - Beckham won't even play on Sunday for Real. Barca, being a great 'fans' club let Marcy Overmars play.

I was proud of the send off we game Keown and the way we welcomed back players like Beckham and Gazza, and it was cool to see Nigel and Lee and Anders and Marcy back.

And to cap it off we put in a really good performance as well. And now the Spuds fans know that Defoe is a GOONER! How about that then you scummers?!

Anyway congratualtions Martin on a fantastic career at the Arse and we are all looking forward to seeing you back next year in Ray Parlour's testimonial

jeremiesgirl

Fantastic match, only wish I had been lucky enough to be there! Atmosphere looked great. Poor Keown missing his penalty. Well done to Ali on scoring his 2 goals :) and loved Cole's flashy goal!

I stayed up till 1 in the morning to watch the game and it was worth it. KEOWN is a legend and will be missed at Arsenal :(

JazzG

Established Member
Errrm Beckham WAS allowed to play in the match yesterday. When Arsenal got in contact with Real Madrid they agreed they would only play him for like 3 or 4 minutes because their season still isn't over so they don't want their players injured or tired. All this stuff about R.Madrid coming out in the last minute and blocking it is a load of BS, Guillem Balague was on skysports news and confirmed this. Many papers have misinterpreted the situation or are straight up lying.

Jinn

Established Member
I heard Beckham wasn't allowed to play, but played for 3 minutes, and so is in trouble.

Thus, he's moving to CHelsea.

My goodness, what bollocks...

Soler

Established Member
I heard Beckham won't be playing this weekend for Real because he's suspended :wink:

Aussie

Established Member
Poor old Madrid have lost four in a row and now looks like they may have to qualify for the champions league. All i can say is HA HA

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom