• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashburton Grove

faki00

I need some info. I'm doing a project on Arsenal and i was wondering if any one had any information regarding ashburton grove. I need a website that has a working model of our home to be. Thanks any info would be gretly appreciated.

Arjan

I thought is was going to look like the olympic stadium in Sydney, where the held the opening ceremony :?:

Asterix

Established Member
Arjan said:
I thought is was going to look like the olympic stadium in Sydney, where the held the opening ceremony :?:

Not quite - was designed by same people though. Sydney Olympic stadium was much bigger (110,000 for Olympics, 80,000 now) but is not a true football stadium. It can host athletics, Aussie Rules, even cricket.

Gooner_Milton

Anybody know if our stadium will have the expansion capabilities? 60 000 may seem a lot when compared to 38 000 but what with the long wait for tickets and the huge Arsenal following, I was actually expecting something bigger. Not Nou Camp size (100 000) but definitely on parity with Old Trashford when the Mancs are done expanding (80 000?)

Arjan

Spinksy said:
Arjan said:

Not quite - was designed by same people though. Sydney Olympic stadium was much bigger (110,000 for Olympics, 80,000 now) but is not a true football stadium. It can host athletics, Aussie Rules, even cricket.

Thanks

Asterix

Established Member
Gooner_Milton said:
Anybody know if our stadium will have the expansion capabilities? 60 000 may seem a lot when compared to 38 000 but what with the long wait for tickets and the huge Arsenal following, I was actually expecting something bigger. Not Nou Camp size (100 000) but definitely on parity with Old Trashford when the Mancs are done expanding (80 000?)

I read on another thread a few months ago that it does have some expansion capacity but we're limited by noise regulations etc. 60,000 was seen as an acceptable size in order to get it through Council.

Gooner_Milton

ah thanks.

pity really. I think even if the stadium were to be built up to a 100 000 capacity, it'll still be filled up.

Sonic Youth

I read on another thread a few months ago that it does have some expansion capacity but we're limited by noise regulations etc. 60,000 was seen as an acceptable size in order to get it through Council.

noise regulations for a football stadium? thats the most riduculous thing i've ever heard (well ok....the second most riduculous thing, i once heard someone say tottenham were a big team, but) and 6.000 newcastle fans make more noise than 60.000 arsenal fans. i think the new stadium should have been bigger, i think the club wasn't able to build a larger stadium because of a lack of many. we could fill a stadium for a 100.000 people every week.

A

Anonymous

u dont really want to be like the olympic stadium in sydney, your too far from the action there unless u got really good seats i'd be really awesome if we built it like the colluseum tho
puhehe

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Question .... What are all those buildings right next to the stadium for ? Are they just normal buildingz or do they hav sumthing to do with us?

Also, whats the bridge for ?

westo

Anyone know if the stadium is being built so it can be easily expanded if it needs be.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think i read in a match programme that the stadium is designed in a way that it cannot be expanded.

Anyway, a 60,000 capacity is fantastic - Only thing that pisses me off is that it still wont be bigger than the mancs theatre of queens .... ;D

ulto

think i read somewhere that there is an easy option to expand to another 5000 but after that i suppose it would be very hard to expanmd from a structural engineering point of view

benfica has a capacicty of 65000 so ours will be 5000 less

Latest posts

Top Bottom