• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashburton Grove

MightyArsenal

Wow just saw what benficas "luz" stadium looks like and to be honoust im not really that impressed, I really hope our stadium doesnt look like that especially considering all the money we have spent on the project. You can also bet the benfica stadium probably cost less than half of what our stadium will cost (not counting extras we have to build, just the actual stadium).

Gooner_Milton

Colours are awful.

check out the Estádio José Alvalade, the stadium for Sporting Lisbon.

arrggh.

legoland colours.

MightyArsenal

Yea but considering our stadium was supposed to be state of the art its a bit of a dissapointment a team like benfica can have roughly the same stadium as us : /

Gooner_Milton

MightyArsenal said:
Yea but considering our stadium was supposed to be state of the art its a bit of a dissapointment a team like benfica can have roughly the same stadium as us : /

Oh well.

I guess we're find out in 2006 if that's really the case.

beaney

Adam said:
We will have 15 000 less than the Benfica stadium.

thats a shocker!!! firstly how much bigger it is (and the fact i dont think we will be able to expand)

and secondly i really thought our stadium would be unique, but bloody benfica have already got one!!!!!

i feel a bit deflated now :( not as excited as i first was with the whole thing.

beaney

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Question .... What are all those buildings right next to the stadium for ? Are they just normal buildingz or do they hav sumthing to do with us?

Also, whats the bridge for ?

havent sen the pic you are talking about but i assume they are the flats that they have to build also a waste disposal plant.

this was part of the deal with islington council, they have to provide affordable housing and various other things!

check the link in my previous message too.

Soler

Established Member
beaney said:
http://www.sportsvenue-technology.com/projects/2004euro/

check the link for the benfica stadium pics.

there is also a similar thing for asburton grove.

the staduim in benfica is called "the stadium of light" a la sunderland!

Their old one was called that as well. Sunderland nicked it off them.

lisbon_luz.jpg

lisbon_luz1.jpg

Gooner_Milton

Lets name our new stadium along those lines too.

'Gooner of Light'
'Gooner Light'
'Light Arse'
'Highbury Lite'
'Lightheaded Gooner
'02BA Litehead

;D

Top Bottom