• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bentley joins Norwich on loan.

kanuuu

Established Member
On sky sports news they just said Norwich have signed David Bentley on a season long loan.

He can learn the Bergkamp role there

With Darren Huckerby's pace, Bentley can play the ball into the space for him

Although Huckerby ain't quite Henry ;D

asajoseph

Established Member
Lol, genius...

I thought maybe David Bentley could do a job for us this season, so I'm a little disappointed. That said, it was always on the cards, and I think he'll come back a better player because of it.

Anyone know if he's allowed to play against us, or if there's a recall option?

Mark

Established Member
He's there for a season and he can play against us. Doesn't say if we have the option to recall him.

I hope he proves that he can do it at Premiership level week in and week out, so this should be a good move for him. I hope he returns at the end of the season as a better player.

lee1001

Established Member
Good choice. Norwich won't have a huge squad, and with Bentley's versatility meaning he can play wide left and wide right of midfield and just behind the front striker he is sure of getting lots of premiership experience under his belt. I just hope he comes back at the end of it all unlike Volz and possibly Pennant.

Gooner_Milton

Bentley is top top class as AW would say.

Of all the young gunners coming through the ranks, I've pinned my hopes on him (well him and Cesc), hope he doesn't let us down.

I expect him to have a great season on loan at Norwich and at the end of that, go straight into the Arse first team.

If Ashley Cole can go off on loan at Crystal Palace and come straight back to depose Silvinho, why can't Bentley do the same?

huyha123

I hope the same too. one thing for sure. we can see him more next season. see for ourself how good a football player he is.

and greater hope see him improved match by match. like Pennant. myself feel super great when i see Pennant score that goal into Chelsea net.

what about Bentley score against MU? Chelsea? and help Norwich win the game like Pennant done.

however also sincerely hope Norwich stay. unlike what happen with Leeds. otherwise our players could be a bit like relegation curse. LOL.

if so i willing to loan any player to MU.

Gooner_Milton

I'll have to disagree.

Leeds were already doomed before Pennant joined them. I see where you're going though. :wink:

As for Bentley. You can be sure I'll be glued to the telly whenever I get Norwich games.

beanz

Yup, good move for the lad, just hope he does'nt do a "Morientes" (score against his home club) on us! :mrgreen:

AFCG7

Established Member
I dont think Wenger will hold him back.. remember last season.. he allowed Pennant Volz and Jeffers to play against us.

Top Bottom