• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Can we go a whole season winning every game?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 899
A

Anonymous

Is it possible to win every single game?

I think we have shown it is possible. We have had some unfortunate draws this season which can be attributed to bad team selection in my view. If we had played a strong team from the beginning we would have won those games.

We have just bought some strong cover for the team and have some excellent tactical routines in place. Could we go a whole season winning every game?

This is the next stage. We're built to beat the weaker teams without question, we just have to challenge the stronger ones on the day for a win.

If not, what actually stops a strong team from winning every game? I believe it's simply a lapse in concentration. We've been caught out this season so it is part and parcel of Arsenals season.

ModeratelyVacant

Physically impossible. It's not possible for every player to be 100% physically and mentally for every single game of the season, and yet have a huge amount of luck too.

Let's put it this way - if Celtic can't win every game in that joke of a league, no major European team ever will.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lol mate thats nearly impossible.

Everything went our way last season. Henry, Pires, Vieira and Toure had the seasons of their lives. Sol, Ashley, Dennis and even Edu all had sensational seasons aswell. With the exception of Freddie, i think no player in the squad under-achieved last season - they were all on top form.

The question is can they do it all over again next season ?

Another thing, dont forget that we were extreemly lucky at times. There were games that we did not deserve to win but ended up getting all 3 points.

But to say we'r gonna win every single game ........... we'r good, but we'r not THAT good .... :?

Arsène prove me wrong !!

Evil Dragon

If we managed to do this then I think everyone in the world would be flocking to watch us play :p. Anyway what we have to concentrate on next is winning the CL, and possible the treble just to put the mancs to rest. But how sweet would an unbeaten Treble be.... 8)

lewdikris

Established Member
In a word .... no.

It would be a supreme achievement to win the Champions League winning every game let alone the league. The most wins ever in a row is 14 by Man U - and that in itself is a ****eload.

In all honesty if Arsenal dropped down to the second division for a season they wouldn't do it.

When I was an 11 year old i played for a team that won 29 games out of 30 in a season, usually at an average of 10-0. If a bunch of kids can't do it, pros never will.

Mark

Established Member
Let's not get silly here. There's no way that can be done. What we've done is amazing enough. Sure you can look at games we drew this season and think how close we came to winning them, but we also came close to losing some. Also, if we had won some of the games that we'd drawn, we'd end up drawing some of the games we'd won. That's just how it is.

Adam

Established Member
The physical and mental aspect is the deciding factor - and this makes it impossible in the modern game. Sometimes you cannot put enough effort into winning a match after a midweek game, and you are in March. You'll have to accept your maximum has only come out as a draw against hard working opposition when your quality is not showing.

If we played once every 7 days - with Chelsea and Man Utd non-existant; nah, still not possible. :wink:

ModeratelyVacant said:
Let's put it this way - if Celtic can't win every game

Yeah but Rangers have gone through a season with a 100% record :)

For Arsenal in the EPL it would be impossible, but if anyone could we could :lol:

Gurgen

Established Member
With the help of the mighty god of football it might be possible friends! :roll:

Seriously, what a silly thread.

Evil Dragon

Yeah but most people said after last season that for us to go Unbeaten would be impossible :wink: I'm not saying we will do it, just that if anyone could we would :angel

Adam

Established Member
Evil Dragon - Can you reduce the size of the photo in your signature, making it half the size?

JazzG

Established Member
It is possible but with this league so strong it probably ain't ever gonna happen. Doubt any team will get near to doing it either, most a team has won in 38 games is around 28

Allyboy

Established Member
If the season consisted of just playing Leeds home and away, then yes we could.

Otherwise, no chance in hell :wink:

A

Anonymous

I think it is possible and it can happen. The difference between a draw and a win is one goal. Why is it impossible?

One game at a time is what we've done this season and come out without losing a game. Of course many will think it is impossible but I believe if it is taken as practically as it is put across, it can be done.

Everyone said we can't go through a season unbeaten but we did it. Now we have this pure immortality to deal with. In my opinion, if we can't do it we shouldn't go around calling ourselves immortal because in a draw you can very easily lose if not win.

VCC

Is it possible to win every single game?

Geez, nice to see we're keeping our feet on the ground. What's next, "Is it possible to win every single game without conceding a goal?"

There is one team who could possibly do this...Celtic. But even they won't.

JazzG

Established Member
BobaFett said:
Why is it impossible?

Nothing is impossible but it is VERY unlikely as no team has ever come close to doing it in this country AFAIK. With the league getting stronger and stronger it is becoming more and more unlikely.....

AFCG7

Established Member
i dont think this is possible.. we should concentrate on winning the league now.. we have already achieved the unbeaten season.. our next target should be back to back titles.
The idea of trying to win every game is a bit far fetched..something like that could happen in the realms of possibilty, but to state that as a target would be ridiculous

Latest posts

Top Bottom