• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Article on Sol

Adam

Established Member
I wasn't expecting such a brilliant write-up.

Mabbutt would like to see Campbell take more control of games, but Adams is not bothered by his apparent verbal reticence. 'Most of that is for show,' says Adams. 'The game is so fast nowadays that there's no time to spend shouting your head off.'

Can you believe Tony Adams saying that? It's for show! Our defence is fine tuned, so rantings are at a minimum. Sol does talk when he needs to, and doesn't treat players with disrespect.

brianfrance

Established Member
mood said:
Sigun said:
is he well known in Europe?

Ofcourse. He's considered a worldclass defender.
Yeah - I was with mates few days ago, we talk about football, and I said Kolo Touré is the best CB of the world, you know, for joking (mm..not sure btw lol) many of them answered "brian you miss Nesta, Samuel, Thuram, Campbell ! "
They aren't arsenal fans - they don't know who is Kolo (just seen his face in my computer's wallpaper :mrgreen: ) but for us Campbell is one of the best

Gunner4life09

ofcourse, Campbell is one of the best center back in the world let alone Europe, he's the best Central Defender in England, the Premiership, without him we wouldn't be unbeaten this season, though Kolo has been a revelation this season but Campbell has been a like a rock every time he plays and has saved us countless times from unecessery goals which we probably would have conceded if he wasn't on dutie.

Kyla

Adrian Durham believes Sol is the most overrated player in the England team in terms of international class. He thinks he isn't in the Terry, Woodgate, Ayala mould of great defender and good on the ball.

I agree that his distribution is appaling, but he's not there to make things pretty, although saying that means he isn't the COMPLETE defender. Food for thought!

lewdikris

Established Member
The day you listen to Adrian Durham is the day you should be a manc.

Defenders are there to stop the other team scoring goals. Period. And at that Sol is as good as Ayala and Samuel, who similarly don't piss about.

Adam said:
I wasn't expecting such a brilliant write-up.

Mabbutt would like to see Campbell take more control of games, but Adams is not bothered by his apparent verbal reticence. 'Most of that is for show,' says Adams. 'The game is so fast nowadays that there's no time to spend shouting your head off.'

Can you believe Tony Adams saying that? It's for show! Our defence is fine tuned, so rantings are at a minimum. Sol does talk when he needs to, and doesn't treat players with disrespect.

That's a very good point.

Adam

Established Member
You will always see Sol directing the full backs - Cole and Lauren. He waves his hands quite alot, and he pushes our back line up when needing to hold a high line.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom