• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Feeling left out?

lee1001

Established Member
Normally every summer we feature heavily in the news but this season with Chelski, Pool and the **** all getting new managers they are dominating the news.

Usually i can scan my favourite list and find numerous links to Arsenal stories. But this summer, its a little dry.

I feel left out.

Also...

Anybody else worried about the opposition for next year?
Chelski with their new talented manager and players they will buy.

Liverpool with the Valenci coach have been linked with Ayala, Aimar and Canizares today, with Cisse already on the way.

No doubt United will go out and spend a bomb.

Its going to be harder than every next year to win the title.
Everybody else is playing catch up with Arsenal...but how can we stay ahead of the pack?

The Mini

So logically, if it carries on being dry for us for the whole season we'll not lose all season, in anything!

Mark

Established Member
They're all spending because they need to. They're the teams who couldn't keep up with us last season. I do worry, though, that they will find the improvements they need which will make it harder for us. So I'd like if we just added a couple of squad players or something. Everyone on here is talking about Hargreaves at the moment and I think he'd be perfect as he is a proven quality player and he could play in so many positions for us, and being young, he will just get better under Wenger over the years.

The Mini

Remember Liam Brady? He has got us some amazing talent just waiting to be used. We can use them if needed, but a couple of squad members wouldn't do any harm.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The 2 main reasons we had such a successful season ...

1) We took one game at a time
2) We didnt give a **** what was happening at rival clubs

Maigner and Fergie feud, Abrahamovich's spending, Ranieri's future, Liverpool's under-achieving, bla bla bla - we did not pay attention to what was happening - all we did was concentrate on Arsenal - nobody else.

When United went top of the table we did not panic. We just kept on playing like we always do and found ourselves back on top - Then when we were top, Man Utd did panic - they focussed too much on us and ended up forgetting about Chelsea - who took their runner up place in the end.

I couldnt care less who they are buying.

Oh and Alan Smith !?!?!? lol How can that be worrying ???

Mark

Established Member
True. Our attitude last season was spot on. We need to continue like that next season and not get ahead of ourselves like we did in 02/03. That would be tragic as this team has so much potential just the occasional complacency really hinders our progress.

Henry IV

I prefer a quiet summer. Last season I was getting a load of flak of a mate of mine who supported Liverpool because they had signed Kewell and we hadn't and he said we lacked depth. I also got some flak of a Man Utd supporting mate who didn't like Lehmann (he said we should have signed Robinson) and who was preening about winning the league again. I bore their criticisms and jibes with patience and fortitude and a year later I was rewarded with the Premiership title. If Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool are out spending loads it's because they are so far behind Arsenal. They can have the headlines if we can have the title.

Aussie

Established Member
This season you get the feeling that it will possibly one of the hardest season ever to win the Premier League with Arsenal, United, Chelsea and now maybe Pool all a definate chance. It got me looking forward to it for sure.

Biggus

Established Member
Remember Liam Brady? He has got us some amazing talent just waiting to be used. We can use them if needed

Damm right theMini and add in the recent purchases of Reyes and Van Persie we have one hell of a squad. What is it with people... why do we constantly have to listen to so-called Media experts who only want us to buy so they can write about something, buying just for the hell of it leads to a Leeds so to speak. Even at Chek$ki Mourinho is commited (should be commited?) to trimming his squad in the interest of "team togetherness" which has become the new mantra because thats how the others think that we won it with this year, and of course winners are always emulated by those who have few ideas themselves. So let the Media pack hunt out their stories elsewhere, let them pile the pressure on Mourinho, Santini, and whoever Liverpool get in, let them forget about us and Arsène will go quietly about his job of keeping our trophy :wink:

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
The 2 main reasons we had such a successful season ...

1) We took one game at a time
2) We didnt give a s**t what was happening at rival clubs

thats very true, we were very focused and ready to what we could to bring the title back to highbury. Lets hope the attitude is the same for next season

Eastrek

The Mini said:
Remember Liam Brady? He has got us some amazing talent just waiting to be used. We can use them if needed, but a couple of squad members wouldn't do any harm.

I'm not disagreeing with this statement, because i love seeing our youth players in our first team, but who is REALISTICALLY ready to play first team football, example being someone picking up a three-match ban, who have we got that is ready to come in and not unbalance the team.
I'd say:
Stack, Clichy, Aliadiere and Pennant.

Fabregas, Svard, Senderos, Hoyte, Garry need alot more experience before we could say that they can could just slot in to our side for a couple of games. Would be nice to see them a get a few games though as substitures, throw one on for the last 15minutes when we are crusing...every little helps.

Anders Limpar

Enjoy the silence!

:p :p :p

Arsenal is getting stronger for every season and AW might give us a bonus i.e signing someone new but rumours will get us nowhere...

A

Anonymous

it is a lil disconcerting but..
no other team has the team spirit that we have, the team spirit built thru the years the squad has been together so altho im worried im really lookin forward to next season
i cant wait until reyes gets settled in and achieves his true potential

TRUE GUNNER

whats to be worried about, there the ones having to buy players, our team is basically sorted, remember you cant buy team spirit like ours.

We always come up with the goods so im not worried about chelski or manure, of course chelski are gona be pretty good nxt season, who wouldnt with that money, but they still have to beat us.

quattro

i dunno, its basically the same as last season for me. everybody always has something we didn't or something new that we cant afford.

we'll see in august like we always do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom