• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

France - England June 13th

brianfrance

Established Member
Gloup; It's soon now
this is the main event of the first Euro matches
Any important info - Your opinion - please post here :wink:

It will be the 100th match with France for Thuram ! 100 !
Desailly surely won't play -- pretty good for us, not for you :)
5 gooners will start the match - 1 will be on the bench

Just write down what you want, pronostic, idea, well, all about this wonderful match. We couldn't ask for a better 1st match there :D

beanz

Looking forward to it Brianfrance, tho I'm suprised they're allowing a wheelchair on the pitch (for Thuram) :mrgreen:

Aussie

Established Member
What a game it will be. If France are switched on i cant see them losing to England. It will be just like watching arsenal play with so many gunners participating.

France may be a tad nervous early on after there disastrous world cup. However i predict

France 3 Henry 2, Zidane
England 1 Owen

quattro

expecting it to be a cracking match. hope it maintains a good footballing standard (ie: no stupid injury-inducing tackles from scholes). will watch it as a neutral as usual (seeing as im neither english nor french).

Sammer

Established Member
This will be the most exciting match of the first round. Whoever wins is more or less qualified.

It will be a very prudent, tactical match at first, but it should be that "cracking match" after a first goal.

Either side can win, although if France catch a good day, they should prevail.

kanuuu

Established Member
It will be the 100th match with France for Thuram ! 100 !
Desailly surely won't play -- pretty good for us, not for you
5 gooners will start the match - 1 will be on the bench

What is france's line up likely to be?

sienna

Looking forward to the match. Not supporting either team; just hoping for a good game. I think it'll be a pretty tight game. It looks like Terry is doubtful for the game so it'll be Carragher starting with Sol. Carragher against Henry! Not good.

beanz

bobbypires said:
France 2-0 England
Pires x2 8)

Allez Les Bleus!

Allez les noirs aussi, be good to see the men in black have a good game, no nasty reds (or yellows for that matter) and just the odd penalty for a blatant trip on Owen by Thuram, in the box! :twisted:

brianfrance

Established Member
I'd go for a short 1-0 or a draw 1-1
I agree with sammer about the high tactical match it will be
About the XI - I've just question about CB and RB
Barthez-Gallas(Sagnol), Thuram, Silvestre(Desailly), Lizarazu(Silvestre)-PV4, Makelele-Bobby, Zizou-Titi,Trez
England ? Neville,Sol,Terry,Ash-Gerrad Scholes Becks Lampard-Owen, Rooney (But I'd prefer Heskey upfront :mrgreen:

Mark

Established Member
This game is going to be excellent, I am really looking forward to it. I will be supporting France as I just cannot support a team with Beckham, Neville and Scholes against a team with Henry, Vieira and Pires.

It's difficult to predict. France are the favourites but that means the pressure is on them, it all depends whether the pressure gets to them or not. If so, it could end up a draw or a close win for England. If not, I think France could win 3-1 or something like that.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
KoLo28 said:
Anti-climax. 0-0.

lol what are the odds on the two sides cancelling each other out and the game ending in a nil-nil stalemate? Thats what usually happens with games that have been hyped so much.

Fuzzo

Allez Les Bleus!

Come on!

Henry hattrick.. Cole and Sol are seen celebrating with him.. forgetting their not in Arsenal Shirts.. What a great moment that would be!

Top Bottom