• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Congratualtions Sol

Heard today that at Euro 2004 he will be the first Englishman to represent his country in 5 major tournaments

Hard to believe that he is the first but Congrats big man

TRUE GUNNER

Yeh the guy has come on leaps and bounds since moving to the gunners, im not being bias but i would certainly have him in my world 11, because he is literally like a rock, any crosses hes there ok his passing can be better but even that has got a whole lot better since moving from the ****.

Sol is a very unsung hero.

I remember about 4 years ago when i was in year 9 of high school and sol came to our school(queens park community school), and i didnt like him because he was a Sp**s player, and i didnt go up and get his autograph. How i regret it now :cry: .

Only thing i didn't like about him was that he was prone to giving away stupid penalties. He seems to have got rid of that though

Also that thing, which he is best in the world at, shielding the ball out of play for a goal kick and the striker can't get a touch at it. I hate that rule (another debate entirely though)

EJub

TRUE GUNNER said:
Sol is a very unsung hero.

It's funny, that even when he was honored when named to the all World Cup 2002 team many in the UK press dismissed it claiming Rio should have been there instead.

Even when he is sung - he is unsung. :roll:

TRUE GUNNER

absolutely i dont think he recieves the credit that he deserves, i mean the game against Sp**s, the crap they were giving him but he just played the best game of his life, when his dad died he showed grit and determination and he came through it, and the way him and toure have bonded this year has been brilliant.

He is england best defender today, rio pio, sols the man

Mark

Established Member
Rio may be a bit better technically and getting the ball forward out of defence. That is perhaps were Sol is weak, his forward passes aren't great, but he is a very important player for us and England. He's very strong and consistent, so im and Terry should be good in Euro 2004.

KingReyes

Established Member
Congrats to Sol the best english defender by far,his job is firstly to defend and noone does it better. People say Sol isn't technically good, I say bollocks, his ball distrubution is top notch and sometimes the runs he does with the ball including Manure in the FA cup semi final and against Spuds show what a top technical player he is. i think you got a give the Big man credit considering his size and all.

Top Bottom