• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical : If Henry left for another big club?

reggiepaul

So I was wondering. If Henry disappeared this summer for another big club, what would your feelings on Henry be?

Would you accept it C'est la vie?

Would you go mental and hate him?

How would you feel.

Just wondering.

Ally

Wish him good luck - feel more than a little gutted but there has to be an awknowledgment between players selling the club out, and them moving honourably on with the respect and dignity the club demands.

reggiepaul

At the end of the day though it is up to Henry if he leaves and whether this occurs with dignity is down to how the club deals with it's employees.

Like Smith going to Old Trafford.

What if Henry went to Old Trafford. Hypothetically speaking how would the majority of people look at it.

As Henry is right now this would be the story of the century.

It would be funny, (well for me anyway) if he went to Sp**s. Damn that'd be scary.

Mark

Established Member
I'd probably cry if he left. I'd want to ask him why. I'd want to beg him to stay. But not hate. Maybe if he went to another English club I'd feel some anger but I'd mostly just be hurt.

quattro

knee-jerk reaction from me would probably be anger, big time. i mean, after all that he said i think it would be natural for any gooner who believed him to feel such antagonistic emotions. rationality will find me sooner than later i hope.

dammit, we must be more bored than i thought if were playing what if's with henry leaving the club. bring on saturday so we can have some football to occupy us with. this lull is getting serious.

brianfrance

Established Member
We can be sure about one thing - he won't leave arsenal for another english club, including Chelscum
I won't hate him - never, he's not anelka type of player-
But why he can leave ? Isn't Arsenal the best team to play for ?

GoonerLuke

If Henry left, I'd lose all faith in player loyalty.

But the real question is what would happen if Arsène somehow got lured away to another European club? If that club had the money and the inclination to buy Henry and maybe Vieira, how would those two playes respond? Does their loyalty lie with Arsenal or Arsène?

A

Anonymous

Depends where he went to! united or chelsea i would hate him because that is being a judus, but going abroad, well, maybe he needed to move on. But why would he leave? We are the best team in the world right now, noone can beat us in our league, he is playing great and enjoying it. Why leave? The only reason would be money, and if he did it for that then that would make me hate him.

reggiepaul said:
So I was wondering. If Henry disappeared this summer for another big club, what would your feelings on Henry be?

How would you feel.

Just wondering.

I would be bitterly diappointed, and wish him all the best in his career.

I would NEVER become BITTER and OBSESSIVE like how Rottenham fans are towards Campbell.

NO player is BIGGER than the CLUB, old cliche but a truism.

vin de guerre

Woolwich_Arsenal said:
reggiepaul said:

How would you feel.

Just wondering.

I would be bitterly diappointed, and wish him all the best in his career.

I would NEVER become BITTER and OBSESSIVE like how Rottenham fans are towards Campbell.

NO player is BIGGER than the CLUB, old cliche but a truism.

Thanks woolwich I just spilt my coffee cos of you! I just couldnt stop laughing! I know I am one of the worst readers around but for the life of me I couldnt understand what Rotherham fans have against Sol!

KingReyes

Established Member
It depends on the club he joins, but there aren't too many he can join. He's had a bad experience in Italy and I can't see him joining another english club. If he did join Chelscum or Manure I would be bitterly dissapointed especially when he has stated his loyalty. But as long as we can promise him the opportunities to win trophies then he won't leave. The better are chances are that he joins Madrid or something which wouldn't hurt as much. Thats the only way I see him leaving.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
id probally cry :cry: ....... i'd be so devesated but i wouldn't hate him unless he moved to Utd.

But he's never going to leave us so i'll never have to feel like that :wink:

JazzG

Established Member
Depends how he left. If the club accepted an offer and told him to leave then I wouldn't be annoyed but obviously disappointed he has gone, unless it was a very high offer (i.e. smashing the world record fee) I would be quite annoyed at our board. However if he did an Anelka and demanded we sell him or else then I would be very upset especially after all the comments he has come out with about loyality.

voomboom

id be shocked, then id wonder who wed be spending the £120m that we got for him on. then id come on the forum and speculate about players like savoila, ronaldo, totti and raul, cos wed probably be able to buy all 4!

then id remember that arsenal are the champions, and we won the league at whl

then i'd laugh.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would tell people i hate him ...... but in truth i cant really hate Thierry.... especially not after everything he's done for the club.

A

Anonymous

It's up to him. He is the best player in the world and he has a unique path to follow. I would hope club loyalty doesn't come in the way of that.

He has won everything but the European Cup. I believe he wants to win the Cup with Arsenal, which is possible but they are struggling right now. Maybe Arsenal try too hard due to the extent of talent present and the number who lack the trophy.

I can't see him being felt invited to any other club right now.

Top Bottom