• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes: striker or winger?

Sigun

Petros said:
it would be really intresting to see what happens if we put henry at left wing, pires at right and berkhamp and reyes up front.

why dont we sell Pires :roll:

Mark

Established Member
Petros said:
it would be really intresting to see what happens if we put henry at left wing, pires at right and berkhamp and reyes up front.

It would make little difference. We kind of play like this already. Henry drifts out to the left a lot, only Pires plays upfront not on the right and Bergkamp slots in between midfield and attack. Reyes hasn't quite gotten himself into this attacking strategy yet, but he will next season. These players don't really have positions, especially Pires.

Stim

He's a striker for me too. He will be devastating once he finds his feet in this league.

efurze

Personally I'd like to see Reyes given a run at RM. I think upgrading from Freddie is neccessary if we want to make the jump to the next level. We're becoming too dependent on the left side attack and I think Reyes might be able to balance out the attack. It would give him more room to create his own shot without getting in Henry's way too much.

I'd love to see a lineup of Pires Henry Bergkamp and Reyes, i think it could be very creative.

I believe Reyes can become a great striker. The striker who can score many goals in Premier League should has a good pace and vision. Reyes has them both. And that's why i believe he will become a threat to other defenders. :eek:

sanyasi

efurze said:
Personally I'd like to see Reyes given a run at RM. I think upgrading from Freddie is neccessary if we want to make the jump to the next level. We're becoming too dependent on the left side attack and I think Reyes might be able to balance out the attack. It would give him more room to create his own shot without getting in Henry's way too much.

I'd love to see a lineup of Pires Henry Bergkamp and Reyes, i think it could be very creative.

i dont think this 'balancing' out the side is going to necessarily work. the right side complements the left side, so makign the righ tcreative isnt going to solve any problem. cause the right side is ofter called upon to make runs (ljungberg) or to hold the ball and make that decisive pass (bergkamp)
putting in a creative midfielder IMHO would mess that up... ljungberg on form is a devastating player, and hopefully van persie can do some tricks too...

henry drifts left cause hes comfprtable doing that... and pires many a time has come out, propped up at the right side of goal and finished a cutting pass from henry at the left.

some matches im left wondering whos the left winger, pires or henry, and whos the finisher. and now i dont think there is any answer to that question...

skart14

Well he won't be a striker in the traditional sense...neither is henry...i reckon all he needs is better chemistry with rest of the team and learn to link up better...

A

Anonymous

i rckn wenger might get him adn ljungberg to work together so they have the kind of partnership taht henry and pires have
all in all i cant wait till next season :( soo bored

faki00

Petros said:

I think the answer is quite simple... Pires wouldn't be the same player. Look at Ljunberg when he's on the left compared to when he's on the right. His goal tally has greatly diminished.

Pires might play on the left, but his shooting foot is his right. If you look at several of his goals i.e first game against liverpool, he cuts from the left and shoots with his right. If he is on the right wing he wouldn't be as effective scoring.

Henry at left mid? He's too god a finisher to waste his talents on the wing even though i belive he'll give right backs (Danny Mills) nightmares.

faki00

Petros said:

I think the answer is quite simple... Pires wouldn't be the same player. Look at Ljunberg when he's on the left compared to when he's on the right. His goal tally has greatly diminished.

Pires might play on the left, but his shooting foot is his right. If you look at several of his goals i.e first game against liverpool, he cuts from the left and shoots with his right. If he is on the right wing he wouldn't be as effective scoring.

Henry at left mid? He's too god a finisher to waste his talents on the wing even though i belive he'll give right backs (Danny Mills) nightmares.

Latest posts

Top Bottom