• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pascal Cygan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper

Established Member
Toure > Senderos > Djourou > Hoyte > Cygan.

No place for Cygan in the team. He isn't suited to the fast pace of the Premiership at all, and at times I think he has cost us quite a few goals this season, particulary against Boro (away) and Bolton (away), although Gilberto should also take a fair share of the blame.

He has played much better in the Champions League matches, probably due to the slower pace. I hope Cygan wants to move, as he knows that he'll only be a bench warmer here where as at St. Etienne he'll get first team play.

Pascal, if you're about to do one, "Thanks" for your efforts and best wishes for the future.

We've had a lot worst play in the red and white, and why he got so much stick was beyond me, but still.........................

dronan

I respect Cygan for knowing his place and not mouthing off like most players would do. Always ready when called upon. Sadly the pace in the EPL is too much for him.

godfather

I'm not very pleased to see him go, especially if Sol's gone as well.
That means we will have not experienced cover player at back.
Yes, we will go out and get someone here. but who we going to get?

sabret00the

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
Wenger is trying to land Thuram....he has had serious talks with Juve about it.
I don't get why, Thuram is a thing of the past, like Sangol they're just no longer cut out for top flight football. We have options, not quality-quality options, but we have a squad and i'm not sure if Thuram will actually better if it's i'm honest.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Because Thuram is not expecting to be first choice and with Sol and Cygan leaving the club needs experience.

Thuram is fitter than both those players combined and the talk about 3 months ago was that there would be no fee invloved - just a transfer of wage.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, he'd be better than Hoyte, but that's about it. Frankly, he's got 'new Laurent Blanc' written all over him...

_scorpion_

Established Member
Serious enough for Wenger to ask Juve about their plans for him.

But as you know, there is a lot of drama surrounding Juve at the moment.

Arsenalguru

Wenger is not only a smart coach but also a smart businessman.

He will never buy someone in their late twenties for zillions of pound and sell him for nothing in the next 2 - 3 years.

He only buys young people that wouldn't lost their value in the next couple of years.

For Thuram case, if it happens. It would be because if both Campbell and Cygan leave, we might need someone to cover the backs of our young defenders for a year.

Of course, with Thuram age, we should manage to get him for free.

entropy13

Established Member
Arsenalguru said:
Wenger is not only a smart coach but also a smart businessman.

He will never buy someone in their late twenties for zillions of pound and sell him for nothing in the next 2 - 3 years.

He only buys young people that wouldn't lost their value in the next couple of years.

For Thuram case, if it happens. It would be because if both Campbell and Cygan leave, we might need someone to cover the backs of our young defenders for a year.

Of course, with Thuram age, we should manage to get him for free.

Cygan and Campbell's departure from Arsenal means a lack in the experience, yes, that's why we're trying to bring in Thuram. He can help our young defenders with his experience, and be a good defender on his own as well. good only because of his age....

hollow

I may be in the minority but I'd have no problem with Toure, Senderos, Djourou and Hoyte. 3 full internationals and 1 English U21, no *****ing about rotation, no need to replace any of them for years. Lets see what the kids are made of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom