• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pascal Cygan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalkeeper

It's always a shame to lose Arsenal players regardless if they were rubbish or not, especially such a loyal servant as Cygan. We should always remeber the highs of a player rather than his lows. Even with Ashley Cole. Wish him all the best in Spain.

Bonne Chance Pascal.

Mulberry21

You can't demand from a player more they can give. You can only demand that they do their best.

And Cygan always gave his absolute best. Whatever that was. He was loyal to us, never created a problem for the team, always there. I can't say we'll miss him on the pitch, but personally I'll miss him on the bench. The best of luck, Pascal!

(also, I was going to support Villareal this season because of Le Bob, but lost all will to do so when he got injured. Well, now that Zinedine Cygan is there, I'll support them after all.)

Ricky_AFC

Done a very proffessional job for us. Was never great for us but never complained about his role in the squad and more often than not put in a satisfactory performance when called upon.

I can't say I'll miss him but good luck to him with the rest of his career. Can't believ we got 2m for him though! Great business.

daniel

As much as I didn't have a very high opinion of the bloke, I'm kind of sad to see him leave... I'll miss him in a way...

Goonergirl

Such a hard worker, didn't mind being 4th choice and never/hardly complained true role model of how footballers should behave good luck and I hope you will do well at Villareal.

carw2005

wowwow. said:
i cannot beleive what i am reading, while i agree when somebody leaves the club in otherwise good terms unlike cole there is a need to eulogize him but common people. Say thank you cygan and leave it at that, but to say we will miss him or "Cygan is a great defender." or this "Great team player who I was actually not happy to see leave. He'll be a backup player missed" is blinkered to say the least, he was crap there is no other way of putting it, i am talking gus ceaser crap, steady eddie Mc'gdrd crap, he was so s**t i am willing to bet he cost us more points pro rata then any other player in arsenal's history and thats why Arsène wenger got rid of him, cause even djourou who before this season played a handful of games jumped in front of cygan, he was crap and there is just no other way to spin this thing, but that dose not stop me from wishing you pascal all the best, ronaldinho must be having nighmares.

yes your right he was crap, but he was crap in a good way... :)

david3

I wont miss him really because he rarely played but you're all right about the fact that he never complained. 2 million for him was a great deal for us considering he never played

Viper

Established Member
carw2005 said:
wowwow. said:
i cannot beleive what i am reading, while i agree when somebody leaves the club in otherwise good terms unlike cole there is a need to eulogize him but common people. Say thank you cygan and leave it at that, but to say we will miss him or "Cygan is a great defender." or this "Great team player who I was actually not happy to see leave. He'll be a backup player missed" is blinkered to say the least, he was crap there is no other way of putting it, i am talking gus ceaser crap, steady eddie Mc'gdrd crap, he was so s**t i am willing to bet he cost us more points pro rata then any other player in arsenal's history and thats why Arsène wenger got rid of him, cause even djourou who before this season played a handful of games jumped in front of cygan, he was crap and there is just no other way to spin this thing, but that dose not stop me from wishing you pascal all the best, ronaldinho must be having nighmares.

yes your right he was crap, but he was crap in a good way... :)
How can you be 'crap' in a good way?

bobbydazzler

After all this cygan bashing that i did i am actually going to miss him now that he has gone. He alwyas gave 100% and never complianed. Good luck

Legend#1

Established Member
cassius said:
Gurgen said:
French Player of the Year in Ligue 2 that is...

Steve Sidwell was Player of the Year in the Championship last season, doesn't mean he's good enough for Arsenal.

no - it was ligue 1 actually

i think he won because he was a big reason that lille finished in a champions league spot - and you cant get CL places in the second division...
No it wasn't.. When he won the award, he won it when Lille were in Ligue 2.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
jaguars4ever said:
mjp81 said:
Farewell Pascal.

You were pretty crap, but no one can deny your professionalism and willingness to get on with your job without complaining.

I'll never forget the two goals against Fulham - the only time I've heard an Arsenal goal at Highbury celebrated with laughter.

Adios and good luck!
Serioulsy? I can't remember celebration, but did the Higbury Faithful actually laugh? :lol:

Yeah, we did...

I'll never forget it and I bet old Pascal won't either- I remember the look of astonishment on his face as he left the field with 4 sides of the ground chanting "CYGAN! CYGAN! CYGAN!"

cassius

Legend#1 said:
cassius said:
Gurgen said:
French Player of the Year in Ligue 2 that is...

Steve Sidwell was Player of the Year in the Championship last season, doesn't mean he's good enough for Arsenal.

no - it was ligue 1 actually

i think he won because he was a big reason that lille finished in a champions league spot - and you cant get CL places in the second division...
No it wasn't.. When he won the award, he won it when Lille were in Ligue 2.

they were in ligue 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal_Cygan

have a look at the dates/years - he captained lille to a CL spot in 2000-2001 and were fifth in 2001-2002 - he won the award in 2001-02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom