• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Come on guys; we don't need to make up excuses justifying the sale of Vieira!

"He's got a dodgy knee"

"He lacks committment"

"He never buys his round"

(O.K. I made the last one up...)

No one wants him to leave.

Vieira has made it clear, previously, that he won't comment on speculation linking him to Madrid so nothing new there.

As others have pointed out a move to Madrid appears to have been the last thing on his mind.

And Wenger? He's made it plain he wants to see us in Ashburton Grove and he's a man of his word.

I don't entirely rule out the Vieira story; maybe it's the money, problems arising from France's poor show in Euro 2004, who knows.

Footballers and Fans make strange bed fellows. We tend to view our relationships with them as being one dimensional and related to a mutual love of the club. The reality is far more complex than that.

Personally I think he'll stay but if he goes, I think he'll live to regret it and we'll say ta for the 30 plus million.

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
I agree 100% with Sol's post:

Wenger's contract situation is ten times more important than whether Vieira goes.

Vieira has been injury-prone recently, which has cost us (e.g. end of the 2002/03 season).

He has also been complacent in some games. Pompey at Highbury is an example.

Obviously, I would much prefer that he stays but, if he does leave, it will only be a disaster if Wenger also goes. If Wenger stays, we will be fine.

Nobody is perfect but right now in World football there is nobody as good as him

A

Anonymous

get this, vieira loves us his fans right? wrong how the hell can he love us if he's happy to see his fans suffer/worry about whether the rumours are true or not, people say why should he come out with a statement to deny what he knows is not true, because if you cheer up 100 000 people simply by making a statement to the people you love then you would do it. So its simple really either he dont love us or he's leaving!!!

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To claim that vieira sed he wants to win the champions leauge so hez going to madrid is total nonsense. Its been like 3 years since madrid won the bloody cl - and as far as im concerned we have a better chance of winning it than madrid.

Just compare the players individually. Our defence is 100% better than theirz - all 4 of cole, lauren, toure and campbell and u cant really argue that raul bravo, helguera and co. are better defenders.

Midfield - Pires is better than Figo - Zidane is better than Gilberto/Edu - Vieira is better than whoever replaced makalele in partnering zidane, and sum wud say beckham is better than freddie (altho i dont agree)

In attack - henry is better than ronaldo and raul is better than reyes/bergkamp - not by a big difference tho.

When you count how many arsenal players are better than madrid's - you see that its 7-3 for us.

I know im going a little off topic here but its crazy when people say madrid are better than us, or hav a better chance of winning the cl next year, or whatever - so why wud patrick leave for a weaker club ???

90% of their players are over 28-29 years old - what will this team acheive in 2-3 years time ??? NOTHING

VIERA WILL NOT GO TO MADRID !!!!!!!!!!!

Adam

Established Member
If there is one positive of the proposed departure of Vieira; it is that the team would react stronger as it does in any testing time. Arsène would focus everyone, and Sol/Thierry would make great captains.

How well did Edu play in Vieira's absence? Maybe he would drive to do that all season if given the responsibility of cm. We know that all the other players would wark hard for him. Alot of the players rely on Vieira around the pitch, and they would have to work harder in his absence. Players like Cole, Pires, and Gilberto - would have to take on responsibilities that would work to improve them.

But he is not going anywhere whatsoever.

JazzG

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I'm surprised Fergie hasn't reared his ugly head yet. He loves Vieira.

I think he knows we would rather sell him off to R.Madrid for half the price rather than sell to them. Remember Dein saying something like that in the past.....

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think he knows we would rather sell him off to R.Madrid for half the price rather than sell to them. Remember Dein saying something like that in the past.....

yea and vieira himself sed if he leaves arsenal one day it wont be for a premiership side.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Vieira's never ever ruled out the possibility for playing for Manure. He always says 'never say never.' However, I agree that he won't end up there.

bittersmile

First please forgive my broken English. I am from China. But wherever you are from, all arsenal fans around the world are stunned by our captain's possible leaving. We are worried. Some of us complained, blamed, felt frustrated. But does all of these help? Can we do something that may help Patrick to make his mind to stay?
Now it is clear. Every one wants Patrick stay. The only one who is hesitating is himself. He will be back on Wednesday (or Friday?). The next several days before he comes back with his decision is critical. Every tiny thing may turn his decision to another side. We should do something to turn him to “stay” side.
All we can do may not help great, but if it does help, even very little, let’s do it. It’s better than waiting desperately.
I don’t have a clear idea what we can do. Maybe we can open a new thread and everyone signs his name and tells Patrick how we wants him to stay and send it to him? But I am sure we can figure out a way to help!

CMS

well to be honest, it would be not that bad to lose vieira......

gilberto and edu can play then at same time..........

i think with more games to play, gilberto will replace vieira easily after a time, i think he has the potential to play even better than vieira did....

he s brazilian and world champion as well, he played football all his life, i think there is some huge potential in him, he s at may be 40% of what he could do.....if he plays more and wenger does hsi work, gilberto silva will be the shiznit........

brazilians are more offensive as well, so i think gilberto will be able to start more perfect attacks, than vieira ever could.....which would be perfect for our game......

arsenal lives from fast offensive games, our speciality is to attack. our defence is great as well, but our attack is BRILLIANT!

we need someone in the defensive midfield, who can stop opposing players and win 1on1 fights + can start great attacks from the back......

vieira can only defend though, not really attack, how many assists did he do? or how many goals?

we just need a good midfield player on the bench, if gilberto is injured.....

asajoseph

Established Member
What? Sorry mate, but this is trash.

i think with more games to play, gilberto will replace vieira easily after a time, i think he has the potential to play even better than vieira did....

We've had Gilberto playing regularly for us over two seasons now. At no point (as far as I can remember) has he threatened to eclipse Paddy in a a single game, let alone over the course of a season. Tell ANY neutral that Gilberto has the potential to be better than Paddy, they will laugh in your face for hours. End of story.

he played football all his life

What do you think Paddy was doing when he was a kid? Playing cricket?

brazilians are more offensive as well, so i think gilberto will be able to start more perfect attacks, than vieira ever could.....which would be perfect for our game......

Um, aside from the gross stereotype of brazilian footballers, have you actually watched Gilberto play? His passing is lacking, is often backwards, and his vision is not superb. Watch him in a game, and count the number of clean balls to feet he gives. He is one of THE MOST DEFENSIVE midfielders in the premiership, his skill lies in tracking back, tackling hard and giving the short ball so that an attack can begin. He is no Ronaldinho, believe me.

vieira can only defend though, not really attack, how many assists did he do? or how many goals?

Um, in terms of last passes to the scorer, I couldn't tell you. Vieira however played a pivotal role in very many of the Arsenal goals this year. When he wasn't playing the final ball he was tackling or beating players in the midfield, making the runs up the center, and then laying the ball off for our key providers and scorers.

CMS

well still, Arsène is a wizard......

he can make out of any player, something great......

i think gilberto just lacks at motivation.....

he can more than he s done the past 2 years............

think about edu......he wasn't that good at his first appearences (sp?)....

but last season, he explode, he shot lots of awesome goals.....

and without him, we wouldn't have come that far in the CL.....

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Edu is overrated.

Sorry CMS, but there is no way in hell that Edu or Gilberto are better than Patrick. And neither of them ever will be!

Kyla

What are you lot talking about- there is no getting over Vieira- there is no defence OR attack w/t him- no one to break up play or link up with the front men. We will cope as well as any team can, but his loss will impact greatly.

I think most here, should be resigned to losing him.

I can't even bring myself to watch the Arsenal DVD b/c he's a constant presence- whether being our inspiration on the pitch, or enthusing about how much he loves the team in interviews. His little jiggy dance during the title celebrations at Higbury with the rest of the guys, singing along his name with the fans. I'm getting emotional, but **** it. How long can we endure this, year after year. No smoke w/t fire, and this one is burning strong. Au reviour Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom