• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexone234

MSX said:
Everyone one has to accept that Vieira is more then likely, Gone.

If he wasnt going, then in the recent interviews with bergy and ray..they would have said to put the whole thing at ease. Again i hope im wrong but you have to face the facts and move on.

I personally just want this whole s**t just to end.

I know where your coming from about DB and RP quotes, but I do think that alls senior players are told not to comment on anything.

Spike

Established Member
I was quite worried a few days ago, now I'm not because I believe in what Wenger said. Also I don't believe the Viera quotes because he wouldn't say such stuff to his friends (team mates). It's just not like him.

AlexH

AdamT said:
vieira and wenger are so close that it is quite possible that this is a a scheme they've hatched to put pressure on the board to invest in more players.

Nice off Real to play along... :roll:

Gurgen said:
I can't believe this topic is still raging on...

It will rage on until its settled for sure one way or another...Paddy holding a press conference, hopefully Stevie Gerrard style, committing to the club again :D , or Beckham style holding up a white shirt :cry: . Until either of those happens, this one is going to run and run.

va_va_voom

Until I see Vieria himself say the words "i am staying at Arsenal" or "I want to leave for Madrid", then I won't believe a thing.

I rememebr a couple of years back he was quoted whilst in Florida as saying he was off, then it all came out it was Marc Roger stirring it up. Its all bollox I think. The press haven't got a big english transfer to talk about this year so they drag out the old (& believeable to some) Vieria to Madrid story. If Henry hadn't dismissed it so bluntly that he'd leave Arsenal, they'd be picking on him.

In the last 4 years, we've had 3 years of Vieria to Madrid to put up with. And the year we didn't?? Because the press had the Beckham to madrid story to fill their pages.

Worry not gooners.

A

Anonymous

I feel so sorry for Arsène all he wants to do is build his team year by year and each pre season he has to have his pre season disrupted by constant questions on vieiras future,Hey Paddy dosent your manager who made you deserve one peaceful summer atleast.

dsurg

You know something guys....I think Vieira should be sold or at least given a strong talking to if he isnt sold

Dont read this out of context I do love Vieira and I will be very very sad to see him leave..

and I do believe he is the best midfielder in the world...

But the truth is that he has been doing a Anelka for the last four seasons and we've managed to talk him out of it

Though he never ever seems to say anything himself

He as never refuted the stories when they come out in the summer

Yeah I hear you shouting he is on holiday...

Guys..He is the Captain of the Club....

of a very big club too..

If he wants to stay its simple....make a statement

if he wants to leave its also simple ....make a statement

Every season....for a long while...its been all about Vieira....its either he loves it or their is some truth in him wanting to leave....

He is constantly unsettling the club every summer...

and he is an integral part of the team that hasnt gone past q/finals in the CL...

We dont need this constant unease every summer...

If as Captain he feels this club isnt big enof for him...then he should say so and leave...and nobody has a right to have any animosity towards him...

But if its about him every summer...it can only continue to bring an unrest we (as a club) dont need...

If he does leave ...I will be sad....but at least we wont have to bear the burden of another Vieira Summer....its getting very sickening

dsurg

Just to back up what I just said.....

Do you Honestly believe that if this was THIERRY in the equation, he wont have come out to say something by now?

marhes26

It's true desurg.He's in France....not exactly the other side of the world!!.I'm sure they have telephones and that this news has also been going round in France?.I'm affraid the truth is most of you probably think he is going and dont want to face it ,so you are trying to look for positives( Vieira's out the country,he said this and that,the papers are making up **** etc etc)when all it needs is for him to release a statement even through his agent(Who's siting at home in rainy Hertfordshire remember!!) but who himself hasnt exactly discouraged the speculation buy stating "If Real want to buy him they have to contact Arsenal first"....nice denial!!!.If he goes i cant help but feel we have been kicked in the balls after his comments about playing in the new stadium etc..I really hope i'm wrong and in a few days you can tell me i was worrying about nothing...thats seems a long way off to me. :?

Kyla

Something serious must have happened within the Arsenal French camp at 2004. I can't get my head around why Paddy would be so devoted one minute and then considering offers the next.

KingReyes

Established Member
Does anyone think it would make more sense that if Vieira was leaving he would have said something by now?? With the tranfer fee, personal terms, moving abroad, new teamates etc etc. you would think he would be a bit more excited and straight forward if he wanted to leave.

dsurg

KingReyes said:
Does anyone think it would make more sense that if Vieira was leaving he would have said something by now?? With the tranfer fee, personal terms, moving abroad, new teamates etc etc. you would think he would be a bit more excited and straight forward if he wanted to leave.
The point is it isnt about this summer alone..

this has been going on every summer for the last few years

if he wants to stay then...make a firm statement like TH14 does each time...

we deserve that much from our Captain.

if otherwise then make a statement..

dont let it put the club into unease mood every bleeding summer...

Alexone234

Why join in? Its the Sun leading a pack of lies. nothing more.

The moment you comment you are qualifying their crap as being news worthy, which means EVERY time the propogate lies, they will expect a comment or everyone will asume it is true,

I say its best to say nothing, come back to training, carry on, and don't give the Sun one ounce of credibility.

KingReyes

Established Member
dsurg said:
KingReyes said:

Well i guess what was done in the past doesn't really count anymore. Vieira did say he didn't want to leave at the end of the season.

as posted before..

3rd June 2004

Why does he have to come out with a statement? Maybe he has changed his mind or maybe he feels there is no need to say anything as its been said, that he doesn't want to leave.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

patrick has denied the rumours a hundred times before - there is nothing he can do from stopping these rumours - except for denying them for the 101st time - which he will do when he gets bak from holiday.

Ratinho

Established Member
Be fair to Patrick, he spends most of his summers denying these rumours, he can have a summer off. And of course, he may be moving, and therefore cannot deny the rumours.

I think Thierry would have come out and denied these rumours, but I also think the relationship between Arsenal, the fans and Thierry is stronger than it is with any other player, including Vieira, since Wrighty. Patrick is our captain and has enormous pride and feeling for Arsenal, Thierry loves Arsenal.

baccy_man

Established Member
i get the feeling that Vieira. likes all these rumours flying around about him it gives him an ego boost and also puts him in the position that he can hold the club to ransom and demand more money every summer .

Alexone234

Ratinho said:
Be fair to Patrick, he spends most of his summers denying these rumours, he can have a summer off. And of course, he may be moving, and therefore cannot deny the rumours.

I think Thierry would have come out and denied these rumours, but I also think the relationship between Arsenal, the fans and Thierry is stronger than it is with any other player, including Vieira, since Wrighty. Patrick is our captain and has enormous pride and feeling for Arsenal, Thierry loves Arsenal.

Henry to Chelsea was coyly denied by his agent, as was Henry to Real. The quote was "Henry is happy at Arsenal and does not want to leave. He has no intention of going to Madrid or Barcelona, but you know what football is like, you can never rule anything out."

far from convincing, though he stayed.

I do think that we are more enamoured with Vieira than any other player. TH14 is the prince of Highbury, but Vieira is King.

omega man

picture this! May 2005, Sol lifting the cl trophy as Pat stares
up in complete dejection and bewilderment (loser medal hanging
from hand) after arsenal stuff r. madrid!! Ah, just a day dream.

I do think that we are more enamoured with Vieira than any other player. TH14 is the prince of Highbury, but Vieira is King

I totally agree on that. Vieira has been our loyal captain, Thierry Henry has been our main goalscorer. There is a huge difference. It seems like some people (here and elsewhere) are trying to underestimate what we've had with Paddy so it would be psychologically comfortable for them to resent Vieira for leaving. so they use Thierry Henry to show that "Unlike Vieira he's...", as if you are 100% positive Thierry Henry would never leave Arsenal.

Vieira spent 8 superb years at Arsenal, he's been extremely loyal, he took over captaincy from TA6 & did incredible job. how many foreign players do you know that stayed so much time in a club and created this wonderful relationship with the fans (leave DB10 aside...)? I truely believe that Paddy loves Arsenal with all his heart, and I don't blame him if he wants to leave. Smearing a guy like Vieira is simply pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom