• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Things seem to be getting worse....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/foo ... ce=Evening

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/ ... _page.html

Really now i couldnt give a **** what he does. If he stays its great, if he leaves i feel like we have been backstabbed and will hate him, but i know wenger will buy someone world class to replace him and this may even help us develop further for the future.
I just wish the ****ed hurrys up and lets us know whats happening, his silence i feel is disrespectful to us fans and the club. **** the 8 years that he has had, if he abandons us then he is a traitor end of.

A

Anonymous

This really is making my blood boil, i pray we play madrid this season and embaress them both on and off teh pitch.
****ing cheating ****.

AFC
Keep the faith

calvinngai88

Vieira will not be reaching London till Saturday. He will join the rest of the team in the Austrian tour later. Meanwhile, the other Euro players had came back.

Suki

on bbc teletext it says that "Vieira has NOT gone on the clubs tour of europe", but y have they written that, when wenger clearly said in him interview after barnet game " we expect partrick and the rest to come back on friday"

Kyla

What ****ing disrepectful behaviour this is by Vieira. How can there be any respect had for him over this? He's the club captain, but his silence goes to show what an unbelievable tosser he really is. He's got no dignity. The fact that he is captain means that the responsibility is on him to come out and deny...but he hasn't. He is just walking all over the club and treating us fans with utter disdain. Unbelievable. I don't care what has happened for him to think that we are no longer capable of challenging for major European prizes. He can take his shirt-kissing self and stay the **** out of my way. ******, tosser, ****. Sorry for this abusive tirade, but right now I have never been as angry with an Arsenal player as I am at this moment. Go to ****ing Madrid, you two-faced, back-stabbing, ****. Stay the **** away from AFC. You're no longer welcome. Not in my book anyway!

Clarkey

I still believe Vieira is carrying some sort of knock/injury so has gone to France to get it checked up by our usual surgeon down in the South of France. Obviously hes cleared out his locker so he can take his gear to France to train.

Vieira will be staying, in fact I guarantee it.

A

Anonymous

Suki said:
on bbc teletext it says that "Vieira has NOT gone on the clubs tour of europe", but y have they written that, when wenger clearly said in him interview after barnet game " we expect partrick and the rest to come back on friday"

they are ****s thats why, anything for a story

sienna

I can't hate him, he has been a fantastic player for us but I'm really disappointed in him. Neither can I wish him luck if he were to play for Geriatric Madrid. That would just make me puke. We don't know the real reason for his u-turn in wanting to play for them be it he he thinks they have a better chance of winning the CL or he wants a change of scenery or he had a falling out with Henry and Pires. Who knows? This might be a blessing in disguise. Who wants a player who is half-hearted in wanting to play for us? If Arsène decides that it's better for us to let him go then so be it.

Sol man

lee1001 said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3912597.stm

"Vieira, who has three years left on his Arsenal contract, has not gone on the club's pre-season tour of Europe."

Thats the bit that worries me.
Didn't you hear Wengers Interview on Saturday. PV4 and the rest of the players that played in Euro 04 will come back on friday.

Kyla

Sienna- ppl seem to think that Vieira leaving might further the club in the long run, but for me this is the beginning of the end. Do you think Wenger will stay after watching the club's inability to hold onto the most influential player he has moulded. I don't think so! Both of them will be at Madrid by the end of next season. Wenger's already frustrated with his hands being tied by a tight-budget- how's he gonna feel knowing that he couldn't significantly strengthen his side for next year, which is by and large the reason Vieira is off? I'm sorry to say guys, but our little empire will crumble w/t Wenger, and he won't sign a new contract methinks :(

calvinngai88

He's said he'll sign a new contract in October, everyone's already irritated about this Vieira's rumours, stop pouring anymore cold water and spread another Wenger's leave :(

sienna

Kyla Wenger is an honourable man and I believe he will sign a new deal. I don't doubt Wenger's commitment to Arsenal. He was the one who was pushing the new stadium to be built and he would know what he was getting into. As I've said if Vieira leaves with Arsène sanctioning the move I'm OK with it unless the selling of Vieira was done without Arsène's input. The board has always been supportive of Arsène and knows that Arsène is the glue that binds the team. What's important is that Arsenal get a good price for him; no less than 30 millon pounds. With that amount the team could be significantly strengthend. You shouldn't be so pessimistic; it's not the end of the world.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

He hasn't gone on tour because he's still on bloody holiday!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm really sick of this.

Last night I actually dreamt I was present (no idea why!) at a showdown meeting between Wenger & Vieira.

Vieira said he was off; Wenger said he'd come up with another tax scheme so that Arsenal would meet Real's proposed package (!!) andf Vieira said he's think about it; then woke up...

This is getting real trippy, man...

KingReyes

Established Member
Vieira and others from Euro 2004 meet up in Austria on Saturday. I honestly think that if Vieira is there Staturday it looks like he's staying. If he wanted to leave he would refuse to go back to pre-season with Arsenal. So on Saturday if Paddy is there I think it means he wants to stay.

lee1001

Established Member
Clarkey said:
I still believe Vieira is carrying some sort of knock/injury so has gone to France to get it checked up by our usual surgeon down in the South of France. Obviously hes cleared out his locker so he can take his gear to France to train.

Vieira will be staying, in fact I guarantee it.
#

How can you possibly guarantee it??

Alexone234

Oh F-cking shut up the lot of you.

1) If Vieira leaves, we should thank him for his hard work. Yes we made him, but he has paid us back in full.

2) If everyone thinks back to the Interview with Wenger after the Barnet game. Sky Sports News "When are you hoping to see Patrick?" Wenger "Saturday when he meets up with the team in Austria". Patrick was NEVER flying out with the team today.

3) Vieira could have left this season on a free. He signed a long term contract, and that helps us NOT HIM. Imagine the wages Real would have paid Pat had he gone on a free? Don't tell me thats not the actions of a good captain.

4) Vieira is 28, and has 4 top TOP seasons left. If hes doesn't move this season or next he will not get a big transfer. Why should we ask him to give his whole career to us, when during his twilight years he, like Keown, Parlour, Wright and all our other previous long term players, will be sent on a free to Boro, or somewhere.

5) It is not the end of our club. So give it a rest. That is a down right stupid thing to say.

Martin

I wish I had the strenght not to read threads and articles about Vieira for a week or so, if I just checked the official site, it would be much better for my nerves... But I´m a weak man...

lewdikris

Established Member
Kyla -

You're buying the press bollocks wholesale.

If Vieira goes, the Wenger empire will only 'crumble' if it has, in fact, been built on sand. People totally overrate the importance of Henry, Vieira and Pires to the club. If we're a big club then, quite simply, we have to be able to survive at a similar level when top players leave.

Remember when Zidane left Juve in 2001? The best player in the world leaving one of the real Titans? Did they fall apart? Bollocks. They bought Nedved, and won the league twice in a row and reached a CL final.

Or Man U when Cantona left and we won the league the next year? That was sposed to be them ****ed right? Hmmm, I seem to remember they did the treble two years later.

Everyone's convinced themselves it's the end of the world if Paddy leaves. Well, we've never won the CL with him, so maybe we should try winning it without him...

Adam

Established Member
That is true. It may change our approach slightly. Edu, who has performed admirably - will be given more chances. And arguably - he performs better than any other player in midfield at the European tempo.

And who would argue against the Toure brothers slotting in, and potentially becoming even greater players than PV4.

Kolo has it all. He could really do damage to other teams. All would be not lost, but everything would be to gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom