• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vieira needs to come out and say something. "I cannot talk right now" and "Please don't do this" talk does not speak highly of him.

He is still my favorite and I hope he stays. Just want to get done with this BS.

johe

leongsh said:
voomboom said:
does anyone remember during the world cup when wenger said inamoto hadn't been released?

At that point in time, Junichi Inamoto had not been released.

Besides, he was on loan to Arsenal and Arsène officially let it be known shortly after the World Cup that his loan would not be renewed and no transfer request would be made for him.

We never needed him anyway. :wink:

voomboom

leongsh said:
voomboom said:
does anyone remember during the world cup when wenger said inamoto hadn't been released?

At that point in time, Junichi Inamoto had not been released.

Besides, he was on loan to Arsenal and Arsène officially let it be known shortly after the World Cup that his loan would not be renewed and no transfer request would be made for him.

Are u sure? I think I remember the press producing an fa document dated b4 wenger said it which proved he was misleading in the situation to say the least.

chris66

Totally right jbootle - but probably irrelevant. If Real are speaking with Vieira they are breaking the rules, they pay a fine, no more.

My guess is that this is all escalating from teh comments made by butragueno in Japan yesterday. I don't think there has been any doubt that Real want him , but we still don't know that he want s to go. There are still no direct quotes.

I think Real will give him a "now or never" choice, which of course is going to make Paddy think about the rest of his career - I know he loves the club but he didn't grow up a Gooner so of course he will consider it.

Let me ask you - if you had made your career at Bayern Munich or Liverpool and were 28, would you consider moving to Real? just to see what it was like?

In the end I think this will come down to Wenger - its a big risk that any player makes of finding someone as wise and knowlegable as him to play for elsewhere.

Sonic Youth

they just said on CNN that real madrid and vieira have agreed personal terms.
if it's on CNN, it's official.
so after 100 pages of speculations, we finally know pv4 wants leave and i'm sure he will.

lee1001

Established Member
Sonic Youth said:
they just said on CNN that real madrid and vieira have agreed personal terms.
if it's on CNN, it's official.
so after 100 pages of speculations, we finally know pv4 wants leave and i'm sure he will.

Yeah, but the source is dodgy who ever re-prints the same story.

sebasvard

Let's imagine that the squad haven't talked about this properly, or at least Paddy has kept schtum so far.

Training goes reasonably, the big pre-season games are nearly upon us, the speculation hits overdrive, Real look to be almost there, is he, isn't he........ and then

BANG

Press Conference

PV4

The world media

"I have never, ever, wanted to leave this club, my manager, these players, and these wonderful fans.
"I am Arsenal captain, and that is something I will remain for this season, the next, and as long as I can.
"I am not interested at all in Real Madrid's offer, or any other clubs.
"That is all I have to say. Thankyou."

Can you IMAGINE the buzz the squad would get at a crucial point? The lift we would get?

I just wonder if between him and Wenger they have decided to let it all hot up so there's a bigger bubble to burst at the end?
Real would be Gutted and we would be in a fantastic position of strength in terms of European reputation.

I'd go for that - admittedly it would be nice to be sure it was happening like that! :D

Alexone234

1) Vieira does not need to say anything, he just needs to stay
2) If Vieira says nothing, stays, then says, well I told everyone this was going to happen in May, so why do I need to repeat myself. This would steal the Suns policy of a "silent confesssion".

Until the player is seen jetting into Spain, I will believe he is staying.

This is the last throw of the dice for RM who thought Vieira would have packed his bags by now. Madrid we sure that Patrick would have come out and answered all the speculation with "yes I want to move". The know this is slipping away from them now Vieira is back with his mates.

re-look at the pictures of him training, and ask yourself, is this man happy and relaxed or is he the worlds biggest ever liar, not only to us, but to his mates, his boss (who we know is like a father), his employers and everyone.

The Spanish papers reporting this latest "revelation" is the mouth piece of Madrid, don't believe a word. Believe one man, the man who has never lied to us, who is the personification of dignity, the man with a single vision to take our club from where Villa are now, to a world beater. Listen to Wenger "I have said this 100 time, and I don't see why I should say it again. Patrick is not for sale and is a part of this team"

If anyone here can persuade me that The Sun, TalkSh-t, The Mirror or any other bastard from the press has more value to their opinion than the manager of our club, I would like to see them try.

VIEIRA IS STAYING, WENGER HAS SPOKEN

n_henry

So..it looks like he'll be going now. :( Blast.

F it - I don't know what to believe. Arsène seemed so confident that he'd stay..

Marca are, I think, a pretty "reliable" (in comparison to most others) source - they were the first ones to break the stories about Beckham and Ronaldo (or was it Zidane - I can't remember!) moving to RM...
Those pics of Pat look so great, and he does seem very happy indeed. I just hope they're not all for the cameras...

Sonic Youth

if he wants to stay he's still an ass cause he's kept his mouth for so long.
i just don't understand why he doesn't walk to one of the many journalists following him and says he wants to stay. if he wants to stay that is, which i don't think.
he'll leave and we will have sold him at the best time possible. he's worth more than ever now and in a few years he'll be past his best and would have been worth way less if he had stayed.

Henry14

Do you guys really believe that just because Arsène said he's staying that he is going to stay, or are you just REALLY hopeful?

Do you not believe the theory that Wenger is saying this because if he says that Patrick wants to go to Real, then we'd lose all the "power" in the deal and would be forced to sell a lot cheaper than we want?

Alexone234

Wenger said he is not leaving
A scandal rag from Spain, a mouth piece for Perez, a Fan of Madrid states he is

Who do we believe? the man of honour or the proven liar

Sonic Youth

Alexone234 said:
1) Vieira does not need to say anything, he just needs to stay
2) If Vieira says nothing, stays, then says, well I told everyone this was going to happen in May, so why do I need to repeat myself. This would steal the Suns policy of a "silent confesssion".

Until the player is seen jetting into Spain, I will believe he is staying.

This is the last throw of the dice for RM who thought Vieira would have packed his bags by now. Madrid we sure that Patrick would have come out and answered all the speculation with "yes I want to move". The know this is slipping away from them now Vieira is back with his mates.

re-look at the pictures of him training, and ask yourself, is this man happy and relaxed or is he the worlds biggest ever liar, not only to us, but to his mates, his boss (who we know is like a father), his employers and everyone.

The Spanish papers reporting this latest "revelation" is the mouth piece of Madrid, don't believe a word. Believe one man, the man who has never lied to us, who is the personification of dignity, the man with a single vision to take our club from where Villa are now, to a world beater. Listen to Wenger "I have said this 100 time, and I don't see why I should say it again. Patrick is not for sale and is a part of this team"

If anyone here can persuade me that The Sun, TalkSh-t, The Mirror or any other bastard from the press has more value to their opinion than the manager of our club, I would like to see them try.

VIEIRA IS STAYING, WENGER HAS SPOKEN

this piece of writing does give me confidence again
but i'm still nervous
and when i just said this is the best possible time to sell pv4, i didn't mean i want arsenal to sell him. but if we ever sell him, this would be the best time. just to make that clear.

Alexone234

Believe in one man, he will be the first to tell us if there is a change, not some c-nt from Madrid.

Sonic, it is clear: Vieira, May 04" every summer I am leaving to go to Spain or Italy according to the papers. Every season I have a great time at Highbury, I enjoy my football. If you want to talk about great players, look around me. Henry, Pires, Campbell, Cole."

If Vieira speaks each time the papers speculate, he will get pissed off quick AND prove that if them print rumours they can raise a response.

Arjan

Alexone234 said:
Believe in one man, he will be the first to tell us if there is a change, not some c-nt from Madrid.

Sonic, it is clear: Vieira, May 04" every summer I am leaving to go to Spain or Italy according to the papers. Every season I have a great time at Highbury, I enjoy my football. If you want to talk about great players, look around me. Henry, Pires, Campbell, Cole."

If Vieira speaks each time the papers speculate, he will get pissed off quick AND prove that if them print rumours they can raise a response.

We all know the spanish press, they are worse then the sun.
It was Marca that got Barca the Saviola deal, even tough Barca didn't even know who Saviola was!

But why are we reacting so much on this subject?
This is the 1500!! post in this thread alone.
All it would have taken are a few simple words.
Why didn't he say "I'll stay" and then have his pictures taken at the training ground in Austria?

Alexone234

Arjan said:
Alexone234 said:

We all know the spanish press, they are worse then the sun.
It was Marca that got Barca the Saviola deal, even tough Barca didn't even know who Saviola was!

But why are we reacting so much on this subject?
This is the 1500!! post in this thread alone.
All it would have taken are a few simple words.
Why didn't he say "I'll stay" and then have his pictures taken at the training ground in Austria?

YEAH BUT Believe in one man, he will be the first to tell us if there is a change, not some c-nt from Madrid.

If Vieira speaks each time the papers speculate, he will get pissed off quick AND prove that if them print rumours they can raise a response

A

Anonymous

Vieira has now been accused of talking to and agreeing terms with Madrid. Never mind where it came from, it is still a serious accusation, if untrue.

He MUST come out and say something tomorrow if this is untrue. If he doesnt, then im sure he is going to go.

And on these pictures of him looking happy in training. Arsenal.com are not going to print pictures of him looking anything else than happy. I wouldnt read too much into them.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

It's interesting; but no matter how outrageous the story, no matter how loud the headline might shout, neither Arsenal nor Vieira himself will be drawn on this story beyond lip service.

I'm still trying to dismiss this story as bullshit but I can't help but feel all this crap is Real's effort to draw the player, club or both. Trying to hold off on a formal offer for as long as possible to secure the lowest price.

Conversely Arsenal & Vieira are playing hard to get, giving nothing away, pretending the story dosen't exist.

But the story does exist & that being the case a denial from the player would seem to be in order. No denial suggests it's a case of make your offer & we'll see.

Basic strategy from both sides to make or save maybe £5-7 million.

I don't know; so many ways to read this story.

One thing I'm sure of though; this La marca story is bull & Talkshite have blown it out of all proprtion.

Alexone234

Sol said:
Vieira has now been accused of talking to and agreeing terms with Madrid. Never mind where it came from, it is still a serious accusation, if untrue.

He MUST come out and say something tomorrow if this is untrue. If he doesnt, then im sure he is going to go.

YEAH BUT Believe in one man, he will be the first to tell us if there is a change, not some c-nt from Madrid.

If Vieira speaks each time the papers speculate, he will get pissed off quick AND prove that if them print rumours they can raise a response

Adam

Established Member
I agree with Alex, and Sol. Vieira has now been personally attacked.

But depending on how Zen like he is in his discipline against rumour - he may not speak out, and still stay.

We want him to speak for us, but is it neccesary for his own mind? Does he really have to think and cater for us? When the media is so unbelievably crap, and tries every trick in the book - i wouldn't blame him for expecting us to be slightly more intelligent at times. That's the argument that he hopes we have the unspoken faith in him that Wenger has with Vieira, and the board.

But we aren't all Arsène.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom