• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry Pledges to Stay Put

Status
Not open for further replies.

vin de guerre

Arsenal ace Thierry Henry has pledged his future to the club in the wake of reports that Chelsea and Real Madrid are interested in his signature.
Moneybags Chelsea reportedly failed in a £40 million bid for the Frenchman last week, while Madrid have expressed an interest in the jet-heeled striker.

Henry, who claimed second prize in the Fifa World Player of the Year awards, insists he has no desire to quit Highbury as he can fulfil all his ambitions in North London.

"As long as people are happy with me at Arsenal, I want to stay there," said Henry.

"Arsenal gave me a hand when I was down and, if I am among the last three players alongside Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane for the Fifa World Player of the Year award, it is thanks to them.

"I want to feel priceless for them and them to be proud of me.

"I don't really know what is happening in the background with the transfers and money, but I know what I want, and both me and Arsenal are on the same line."

Gunners chairman Peter Hill-Wood insists the club are determined to keep Henry and are ready to offer the former Monaco man a deal for the rest of his career.

"We'd love to keep him here for life," said Hill-Wood. "He's priceless to us and he's going nowhere.

"It's nonsense to think we'd ever sell him."
http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1115504,00.html

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I BEGGED Arsène: SIGN ME

THIERRY HENRY revealed last night how he begged Arsène Wenger to rescue him from his Juventus nightmare.

Henry was disappointed to miss out on his hopes of being named the best player in the world as he finished runner-up in the FIFA award to French team-mate Zinedine Zidane.

But the Highbury striker admitted that he would never even have been in the top three, ahead of Ronaldo and with the likes of Ruud van Nistelrooy, David Beckham and Michael Owen trailing in his wake, unless Wenger had come back into his life in 1999.

Henry's hopes of taking Italy by storm had evaporated in seven nightmare months which saw his confidence plummet to an all-time low.

Juventus were even on the verge of sending him on loan to Brescia when a chance encounter between Henry and Wenger changed his life for ever.

Henry recalled: "It had been special to work with Arsène when we were at Monaco. That left a good taste in my mouth, and I just wanted to go with him again.

"Things didn't work out for me at Juventus and I met Arsène on a plane and told him I wanted to play for him once more.

"I told Juve the same thing. When I have something in my mind it's difficult to get it out of my mind.

"After that I phoned him. Arsène laughed and said he would be more than pleased if it happened. Now here we are. It's been a long story but I hope there will be more pages to add to the book."

It is a book that is bedecked in Arsenal red and white and it is evident that Henry's feelings for the Highbury club are as strong as his bond with his managerial mentor.

Henry added: "I don't know what would've happened if he hadn't been there to rescue me - and I don't want to know.

"It's very difficult for me to say. I like to go forward and not look too much into the past or at the bad moments I have had.

"Of course I would have liked to win the world player award but without Arsenal and Arsène I wouldn't have been here at all.

"I have a feeling for the club and Arsène Wenger. I could talk about the boss all day. He has been tremendous for me and he was the one who made me a centre-forward at Arsenal.

"Arsène came to the club and won the Double twice. So many of the players he bought were feeling down, like me. After they have stayed with him for a while they have grown into new players.

"It's just Arsène. He's a great manager because first of all he's a human being and that's one of the things that some managers forget."

Henry has repaid that debt many times over, with 125 goals in his 226 appearances just the bare statistical reflection of what he has brought to Wenger's side.

As Zidane, the clear-cut winner of the award after picking up 35 first-place preference from the 142 national coaches who voted, admiringly said: "There's not one word that can sum up how good Thierry is. The things he's doing at his age are unbelievable. He has so much ability and it's a real pleasure to play alongside him for France."

It was Zidane's third victory, equalling Ronaldo's record, and Henry knows that to increase his chances of winning the biggest individual prizes, he has to lift the greatest club trophies as well.

But at Arsenal, after their great escape act in the Champions League, the target is now in the club's sights.

The striker added: "I've always tried to say that I feel I can win everything at Arsenal and it's obvious we have to win the Champions League one day. I have respect for all teams but to be possibly part of the first Arsenal team to win the Champions League would be tremendous and to build something is always special.

"It wasn't me who started it, because the beginning was in 1996 when Arsène Wenger came to the club.

"I joined in and now I feel part of the plan. It's like part of the basement of a house when it's being built. It takes time but you need to build it.

"I've not built it myself. I'm just trying to stay in the house. That's the most important thing.

"I feel happy in London. My team-mates and the boss have a lot of confidence in me and the fans like me a lot. I always try to give them something back when I go on the pitch."

Henry's style of play has certainly given the Arsenal fans what they want, although he admitted not really knowing what is going to happen.

"When you watch me on the pitch you can see I'm an instinct player," he said. "Even I don't know what I'm going to do a lot of the time.

"It depends on how the defender acts with me. Then I try to adapt my game to his way of defending.

"I don't sit in the dressing-room before a game and say 'I'm going to do this or that'.

"It just happens. When you work, you work; when I play, I play. It's difficult to explain."

Even harder to stop.

Second place is not good enough for Henry or Wenger. They both think only of being No.1. But they both believe it can be achieved at Highbury.

source: www.mirror.co.uk

satan_beckham

i read from my newspaper about that charity match where zidane and ronaldo is playing and henry says instead of he joining them,he told zidane and ronaldo to join him at arsenal,saying " It would be a dream to play with them bth.But my ambition is to win the champions league with Arsenal"

vin de guerre

I appologise if anyone thinks this relating to this year. I didnt think about the pain it may cause when I found it under the cobwebs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom