• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbbosa

Really nothing new here ..am just getting bored by all this :( :(

I can't wait for the season to begin so we can have a break from these unsettling rumours!!!

Gunner Ossie

I Think it is sad this tread still running and this non topic still being debated and second guessed by some forum members who should really know better.

One would have thought that having been through the same **** every summer certain members in this forum would just leave their views in this thread ONCE rather than subject everyone to a running commentrary on every single peice of ficticious journalism being written about vieira.

Its got to the point where this thread is no longer about vieria but is about what the press has to say about vieria, which we should all know is pure guess work.

Imagine how stupid this thread is going to look if it later turns out that vieria did not want to go to madrid anyway?

I should just end by saying that there no point in members in this forum slagging of the press for writing pages and pages of guess-work based on speculation, when he lenght of this thread demonstrates that so called arsenal fans are guilty of doing the same thing.

Damn if this thead goes on much monger ime going to start off the EDU V GILBERTO debate, which is beginning to look like a healthy distraction from this endless drivel, which would be more appropriate if the player had actually left.

welshpaul

The lack of action had me hoping he was staying but the ominous "injury" which will keep him from the pre season games has got me thinking.

I believe that by next wednesday this matter will be resolved once and for all.

Real WILL want him for CL as players such as ZZ, Figo are getting on in years and it may be their last realistic chance of winning it this year for a while. I therefore think if PV doesn't sign or there is an indication he will by early part of next week they will change their target.

Pity Paddy doesn't do an Edu for us, MAKE A STATEMENT!!!

Alexone234

Pat has stayed, the speculation is nothing but that, no response is needed as the whole thing was predicted and quoted on, and I don't think anyone at Highbury should give credence to this rubbish.

quote Wenger: "Patrick is part of this team"
June 04, Vieira "Each summer I am leaving acording to the press, either Italy or Spain. Why should I want this as each summer I have a great time at Highbury"

nothing has changed from the Arsenal side, this is disturbance tactics by Real. Nothing more

Arnie

I just wnt to ask, if vieira has a knock, don't that mean he couldn't pass an obligatory fitness test to go to another club??

Evil Dragon

Wenger: 'Vieira is a leader here and he has a job to do'

By Richard Clarke in Austria

vieira_21092003.jpg

The persistent speculation over the future of Patrick Vieira is NOT disrupting Arsenal’s pre-season preparations according to Arsène Wenger.

The Frenchman, speaking after the 2-0 victory over Sturm Graz on Wednesday night that completed the Club’s Austria/Slovenia tour, denied his captain would be leaving Highbury. It is something he has had to do after each of their pre-season friendlies so far this term.

But despite the doggedness of the story, Wenger feels that the togetherness and team spirit in his 28-man training camp near Graz was buoyant. The team have since travelled to Holland for the Amsterdam Tournament at the weekend.

“It is a distraction but we always have distractions,” said Wenger. “I don’t think it has been disruptive. We are isolated from it and we have a great togetherness and experience to deal with these kinds of stories.

“We are used to it. We have had good practice. It happens every summer and even during the season sometimes. So this is a good occasion to show how united we are.”

And as for the latest on the Vieira saga?

“There is nothing new,” said Wenger. “I am confident he will stay at Arsenal. I have repeated that many times and I can’t do it much more.

“I hope it is natural for him that Arsenal is his club. That is why I am positive and optimistic about the outcome of this whole story.

“He is a leader here and he has a job to do. Together the players have achieved something fantastic [last year] but they can still work on that and I want him to be part of that development.

“At the moment I think he is focussed on working. The international players [who competed in Euro 2004] are behind physically. They work hard and Patrick is focussing on his job. He is very professional and he is like anyone else I think, he just wants the season to start.”

Source: Arsenal.com

A

Anonymous

Wenger said this when answering questions on Vieira....

Why should i be worried he has three years remaining on his contract if he was a free ofcourse i'd be worried.

My question is with the last thing Wenger said, why would he worry if Paddy was on a free? is it because he knows Patrick wants to leave and h'd have no chance if Paddy was on a free because as it is he's struggling to keep him and thats with a 3 year contract, what chance if were on a free.

That tells me Patrick is/was seriously considering his future!!! (u dont say yaskl)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

patrick42uk

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/07/30/story159442.html

Interesting article ...

i hope he hasnt broken some sort of dressing room code there. i was worried last season that he would find it difficult to be part of the close bond the squad already had on his arrival in january. he should be careful what he says so as not to risk any alienation.

AFCG7

Established Member
I worry about that too.. even then.. he could still have been misquoted.. knowing the media they'll twist everything someone says as long as it concerns Vieira

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
i hope he hasnt broken some sort of dressing room code there. i was worried last season that he would find it difficult to be part of the close bond the squad already had on his arrival in january. he should be careful what he says so as not to risk any alienation.

Yea i agree patrick, but as AFCG7 said they could have easily misquoted him. I remember reading somewhere that all the players were JOKING about patrick leaving to madrid - so i reckon Reyes said joking and the media changed it into talking.

johe

I don't think he's broken any dressing room code. He did the same that Dennis and Fred did earlier in the summer - said that he hopes that he will stay.

nnaife

The lad was obviously misquoted it just pains me to see just how low these gutter trash press reporters would go to twist a boy's words to suit their scheming machinations.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i dont think its certain he was misquoted, but the headline 'Reyes admits Vieira move a Real possibility', based on the quotes they have printed, is a slight over-reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom