• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinngai88

Vieira's valuation should be within the same range as Zidane's. 18million for Vieira? What a joke! 30million pounds already sound so pathetic. I hope if Vieira knows about this bid, hopefully he would think that Real Madrid isn't that really serious is signing him, and therefore will turn his back on them. :D

sienna

I've been changing my stance about Vieira constantly. First I'm sure he's going then I think he's staying. Now I just don't care. This whole situation is a debacle. It is clear that he is undecided but he really has to make up his mind on the matter so we can get on with our preparations for the new season. Ugh. I have no words left to say on the matter. I'm just pissed off now. Madrid's bid is just laughable. Arsenal should tell them to **** off. Just who the hell does Madrid think they are? Come back with another offer of 30 million, at least, then we'll see.

calvinngai88

30million is actually quite pathetic, unless Real Madrid doesn't want to up the bid anymore, and Vieira's heart has turned Spanish. Then will the Arsenal board consider the bid.

jester

Established Member
but really - if vieira wants to go, we have to accept any offer? either that or be stuck with a player that wants to be somewhere else

sienna

Yeah now that I think about it 30 million is pathetic. The question is will Madrid be able to pay a high sum? Arsène has said that we do not want to sell Vieira and we are financially sound. This thing could still drag on.

slapz

We have to say no way if they have actually bid for him just to show that we are going to challenge for the major honours yet again. This year could be ours in the European cup and we wont do anything if we sell our star midfielder

£18 million is just 5 more than we paid for Wiltord..... if I was Patrick, I'd be insulted by the offer and say I'd rather sign for Atletico before Real

sienna

Actually the Thursday CL deadline is only for the qualifying rounds. The proper deadline is on 31st August therefore if Madrid got through they can still wait until that dateline if they still want Vieira.

kanuuu

Established Member
I cant believe Real dont see Pat as a "galactico" after all this fuss they have made over signing him.

AdamT

where is all this crap that PV goes if he wants to go coming from.he has a contract, if we refuse all bids and hold him 2 it, whats he gunner do, sulk for 3 years?we should just refuse to sell no matter what.

secondly the thursday deadline for champs league registration is only for the qualification stage, real madrid and other qualifiers can still add players, they just cant play in qualifying.the champions league true deadline is weeks away.

i just had a thought after you guys were saying real will be screwed if pv and arse drag it out then turn it down last minute, maybe thats the plan of Arsène and pat, to pay real madrid back for destabilisation! would that not be good, to weaken them so we can win the champs league more easily!

calvinngai88

Real Madrid will definitely sign a player as an alternative if the Vieira transfer fails. Coloccini or Xabi would be the alternatives.

Kyla

Is Vieira still here? Ha! Thought he'd already ****ed of.

18 mill is paltry, but the guy's only got a few more years in him at top level, so the sum is understandable. How old was Zidane when he left to RM?

lewdikris

Established Member

Well, if the bid is official - and only Sky Sports News is saying it is - then whatever action's being taken has to happen pretty ****ing sharpish.

Stay, go, whatever. If it's out in the open officially, it's time for Paddy to act.

n_henry

18 mil is pathetic.
Seriously, does Pat *really* want to go? I mean, would he actually VERY much prefer to go to Madrid, or is Madrid just his slight preference over Arsenal ( :( ) at the moment? I'd like to think he's 51-49 on the matter (Real having the slight edge), and if he goes, then he'll be happy, and if we don't accept Real's laughable bid and the deal collapses (here's hoping), I don't think he'll be sulking for the rest of his time with us over what could have been.... unless Real win the CL next season. ;) :lol:

Sol man

They paid even more for Walter Samuel who is not a galactico and is no half the player paddy is. We should hold out for the £30 million

calvinngai88

It was reported at the very beginning it was 30million, then it became 30million + a player(Morientes/Beckham), then it dropped to 24million, 15million, and now 18million, but no player in exchange. Since the arrival of Flamini, RVP, Lupoli, I don't think Arsenal needs another player, thus I'll prefer a straight cash swap.

Arsenal board should say this, "Want to continue talks to sign Vieira? Get ready 35million first; no money, no talk. That's it." Simple as that. :D

kNiteMare

there is no point holding out if Pat really wants to go. That said, 18mil pounds is really **** for someone of Pat's stature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom