• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexone234

Since 2000, our relationship with Real has been one of "We want Vieira" + "F=ck off"

I think we are beyond any stages of decency with them, and I hope if we get them in teh CL, Wenger breaks all expectations by smacking that smug fascist C-nt Perez in the chops then pisses in his Paella.

Alexone234

this has many reasons.

1) If Vieira put in a transfer request after hearing this offer, Arsenal will have a bad bargaining position as they will need to sell the player.
2) Real want to pay as little as possible, which means starting with the lowest possible figure to still seem serious. This figure was derived as being £17m ish.
3) What real are really doing is registering an official interest, which they need to do before they can talk with the player.
4) By bidding £17m they are saying "Vieira wants to join us, so you can take what we decided to give".
5) It opens the dialogue.
6) They know that unlike with the Beckham situation, an offer of cash will not sway the opinion of Arsenal FC board staff. If Vieira was non-plussed about the affair and Real were interested, they would use money to temp Arsenal. This has been the Chelsea tactic with all their signings. however Arsenal do not want to sell at any price, so Real need not pay over the odds to try to get the player. This is why the offer has come in now after a long period of unsettling tactics.

AFCG7

Established Member
I think this time around.. no matter how badly the club wants to keep to him, that they will not be able to refuse an offer close to £30 million.
The difference between him and Henry is that Henry chose to stay even when 50 million was being thrown at us.. but i'm not so sure Vieira will stay.. and thats the problem.. i have confidence in Henry's commitment because he comes out and affirms it all the time.. Patrick doesnt do it for whatever reason, maybe he is fed up or maybe he can see himself playing somewhere else.

AFCG7

Established Member
I disagree partially with the first point.. Arsenal hold all the cards here.. if Vieira submits a transfer request then we MUST put him on the auction block .. sell to the highest bidder, he is under contract.. if he doesnt want to play for us Wenger can frig him up and send him to the reserves for the next 3 years.
If Real really want him that much they'll have to match our valuation.
Otherwise we sell him to the highest bidder

Alexone234

AFCG7 said:
I disagree partially with the first point.. Arsenal hold all the cards here.. if Vieira submits a transfer request then we MUST put him on the auction block .. sell to the highest bidder, he is under contract.. if he doesnt want to play for us Wenger can frig him up and send him to the reserves for the next 3 years.
If Real really want him that much they'll have to match our valuation.
Otherwise we sell him to the highest bidder

Vieira can turn down a move to any other club and with regards to the reserves thing, this is not Lomas and we are not West Ham, a player like Pat has value, and is useless if unhappy.

kel varnsen

Established Member
"I really don't know whether this means anything but Arsène Wenger is now NOT going to the match tonight, he is at this moment in a meeting with David Dein and Amanda Docherty the press officer"

-from big soccers forum(rick breese)...

sienna

kel varnsen said:
"I really don't know whether this means anything but Arsène Wenger is now NOT going to the match tonight, he is at this moment in a meeting with David Dein and Amanda Docherty the press officer"

The meeting could be about anything but the most likely assumption would be about Vieira. Perhaps they are going to issue a statement regarding Madrid's bid.

AFCG7

Established Member
Yes i understand that.. but if he doesnt want to play for us then too bad for him if he's unhappy.. someone has to pay us more than £25 million for him or wait 3 years.

A

Anonymous

The fact that Vieira has still not said a word makes me think he wants to leave.

Its now up to out board if they will accept this bid. They wont, but Madrid will come back with a bigger one.

Will we refuse 25 million quid for a 28 year old who wants to leave? I dont think so.

Im not at all happy with Vieria. He has had all friggin summer to make his mind up, and leaving it this late will throw our season into turmoil. Why leave it so late? If he wanted to go he should have said so from the get go instead of being all mysterious.

Im sure all of this will have not done the players any good at all. Not knowing if our best and most influencial player is staying or going will not have helped their pre season.

He has to speak now surely.

kel varnsen

Established Member
sienna said:
kel varnsen said:

The meeting could be about anything but the most likely assumption would be about Vieira. Perhaps they are going to issue a statement regarding Madrid's bid.

i would think so; wenger usually leads the team in every single match. i think they'll release a statement saying vieira is not leaving; end of discussion... :wink:

Arnie

Im not at all happy with Vieria. He has had all friggin summer to make his mind up, and leaving it this late will throw our season into turmoil. Why leave it so late? If he wanted to go he should have said so from the get go instead of being all mysterious

Thank you. If he wants to go we can live without him but how dare he leave it until this close to the start of our league campaign.

I wouldn't accept a penny below 30 million. And i mean pounds not euros like real madrid want to do. I heard perez won't pay a penny over 26 mil euros but obviously that's changed.

Vieira is one of our galacticos so they are gonna have to pay a galactico price

Andrew

Even if he did want to go to Real, for 18million no way. He can see out the remainder of his contract. If he wants to leave then he should have added some sort of clause in there.

Vieira might (and I mean might) want to go to Real, but he seems more than happy at Arsenal. I'm sure he would understand a crap offer like that and would just get on with his life at the club. He's been doing it for the past 8 years, I don't see why he can't do it for a little more. Unless he's had some sort of falling out and things aren't the same as they were last season then there's no need to sell.

Robno.7

he has left it this late, we don't have long for a replacement if he leaves, thats what has pissed me off the most in this situation. If he left a couple of weeks ago then AW would have had time to shop around and get his man, but now we don't have long untill we have to get our squad together AND the replacement for Vieira needs to settle into the team before the season starts because he will be in no doubt a influentual position in the centre of midfield.....Vieira has been a very bad captain of the club to have left it this late, if he truelly does love the club but did want to leave then he would have left earlier in the summer so that the club he loves wouldn't b in trouble and need to find a replacement so quickly

Robno.7 said:
Vieira has been a very bad captain of the club to have left it this late, if he truelly does love the club but did want to leave then he would have left earlier in the summer so that the club he loves wouldn't b in trouble and need to find a replacement so quickly

Look he hasnt left yet, and Arsène said he wont leave
I trust wenger's word...stop whinging until the vieira deal is done, maybe Pat himself just isn't sure at the moment? He might need time as well, its publicised that he had feud with henry and pires and he's close mates with zidane...so he may want to leave..but hes probably still unsure of leaving a club he loves because of the fight...leaving the fans and wenger would be hard....

Sayings hes a bad captain is total crap
It's like accusing someone gulity before a courtcase....

lewdikris

Established Member
No, it's bollocks. Paddy has until the end of this week to do something about this or he's proved himself not a bad captain, but quite simply a morally empty person.

The obligation is on him now to speak - it wasn't until the bid became formalised, but now he has to do it.

Or he can just **** right off.

Kyla

lewdikris said:
No, it's bollocks. Paddy has until the end of this week to do something about this or he's proved himself not a bad captain, but quite simply a morally empty person.

The obligation is on him now to speak - it wasn't until the bid became formalised, but now he has to do it.

Or he can just f**k right off.

That's been my attitude all along..."**** right off" that is. Bid or no bid, he was ALWAYS obligated to speak- he has indeed shown himself to be a morally shallow individual. I could have accepted his decision to leave a few seasons back, but this, well this is just unacceptable. Everything about it- his conduct as a whole have been disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom