• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faki00

vieras replacement or even partner should be xabi alonso...young and technically gifted... I think he would fit in at Arsenal, especially with the large contingent of spanish speaking players at the club.

slapz

lewdikris said:
July the 12th this started. It's now August the 3rd. That's a LONG f****g time, by anyone's standards.

Maybe he's got the mind of a woman and has take a whole month to make it up

Adam

Established Member
We will know for certain by Thursday (August 5th Champions league squad submission deadline) if he is coming or going.

R9

calvinngai88 said:
Since Vieira has already held talks with Wenger, and not a word of the private conversation was publicly enclosed, maybe there's a plan between the two.

Second scenario : Vieira doesn't want to leave, but doesn't want Madrid to know about it. Continue to keep silent and play with them, until when the deadline arrives, come out and announce that he'll stay with Arsenal. Then Madrid will not have enough time to get Coloccini or Xabi as alternative.

scenario 2
Director: Mr. Wenger
Script: Paddy
Actors: Bergi, Reyes, Freddie
Produced by: Highbury, London N5 1BU

:D :D :lol: :D

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Adam said:
We will know for certain by Thursday (August 5th Champions league squad submission deadline) if he is coming or going.

Real don't really need him for the CL qualifier. Their good enough to get through that without Vieira. I'm sure the deadline that their working to is August 31st.

Robno.7

a spanish radio station say that we have accepted a bid from real for vieira for 23.1 million
if this is true i will never forgive the arsenal board
why do they say we don't need to sell our players and we want vieira to stay, and then go and sell him for a price i believe is unacceptable

VaVaVoom

23.1m is an insult, I can't for one minute believe Arsenal are wiling to accept that. It's also been said that Maniche will replace him

R9

patrick42uk said:
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=international_feed/04/08/03/SOCCER_Spa-Vieira_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=soccer

However, the report said that Arsenal had asked for a few days to line up a replacement - thought to be Porto midfielder Maniche.

Prisa, the media group that owns Diario AS and Cadena SER, has an investment in Real Madrid TV and is thought to be close to the Bernabeu outfit. :shock:

Allyboy

Established Member
To be fair though, a year ago David Beckham was (and arguably still is) the most marketable and potentially greatest profit maximising player in the world, and he only went for £23 million.

With one notable exception, the markets have contracted from the days of £35 million + deals, clubs just cannot afford those sort of fees now.

The exception of course is Chelsea who have more money than sense. They are probably paying at least an extra 30% on top of each player they buys' value and the selling clubs know they can justify paying it.

If this is true then Paddy wanted to be a Galactico, and he will get his wish now. This saga can finally come to and end and we can get on with maximising our potential and hopefully at least retain the Premiership.

patrick42uk

Established Member
wenger says chelsea have a separate transfer market from everyone else. its unfair to judge vieira's value by the standards of chelsea's market.

VaVaVoom

Not sure whether i'm clutching at straws here but this story appears fairly dubious, with the figure of 23.1 million (particularly the .1 bit) there to give extra credence to a story with very little truth. Lets hope so anyway

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Allyboy said:
To be fair though, a year ago David Beckham was (and arguably still is) the most marketable and potentially greatest profit maximising player in the world, and he only went for £23 million.

With one notable exception, the markets have contracted from the days of £35 million + deals, clubs just cannot afford those sort of fees now.

The exception of course is Chelsea who have more money than sense. They are probably paying at least an extra 30% on top of each player they buys' value and the selling clubs know they can justify paying it.

If this is true then Paddy wanted to be a Galactico, and he will get his wish now. This saga can finally come to and end and we can get on with maximising our potential and hopefully at least retain the Premiership.

And his wish will ring hollow in the caverns of his mind.

:evil:

mixmastermatt

the fee has been ****ing agreed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid have agreed a fee with Arsenal for the signature of the London club's French international midfielder Patrick Vieira, according to a radio report in Spain on Tuesday evening.

Cadena SER radio station reported that Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and Arsenal vice-president David Dein have agreed a 35 million euro (£23.1million) fee for the French international who is expected to sign a four- or five-year deal if the transfer goes through.

However, the report said that Arsenal had asked for a few days to line up a replacement - thought to be Porto midfielder Maniche.

Prisa, the media group that owns Diario AS and Cadena SER, has an investment in Real Madrid TV and is thought to be close to the Bernabeu outfit.

mixmastermatt

VaVaVoom said:
Not sure whether i'm clutching at straws here but this story appears fairly dubious, with the figure of 23.1 million (particularly the .1 bit) there to give extra credence to a story with very little truth. Lets hope so anyway

.1 is coz its converted from euros

in euros 23.1 would be would be 35 million euros exatcly

Sol man

Robno.7 said:
a spanish radio station say that we have accepted a bid from real for vieira for 23.1 million
if this is true i will never forgive the arsenal board
why do they say we don't need to sell our players and we want vieira to stay, and then go and sell him for a price i believe is unacceptable
How on earth can you blame the board, its obvious they were forced to accept a bid lower than their valuation because paddy had made it clear he wanted to leave. We can only hope Arsène is given the £23.1 million from the deal to strengthen the sqaud.

Kyla

que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be. We can kiss goodbye to the title next season- being as opitimistic as I possibly can, we can only re-establish ourselves as premiership leaders, given a couple of more seasons. **** me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom