• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla

this is just a slap in the face of everything we have been trying to build. patrick can **** himself several times over- this is disloyalty to me.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Gooner4Life said:
We can still win the league without Vieira, I really beleive we can.

Yeah, maybe we could take the £23.1 million in pennies, put it all in a big sack, and drop it on Fergie's and Mourhinio's head on the first day of the season.

That should tie the Premiership up.

Gunner Ossie

If we have agreed a fee of 23 million pound then I am happy that we arsenal fans now know where we stand.

before all you gloom merchants start crying just remember that arsenal are not 1 man team and they will eventually sign someone who has qualities that viera does and perhaps more.

At least we can now say we are rich

KingReyes

Established Member
Lets just wait for something official, but it looks like he's off. I wonder how many still believe Wenger's comments that he will stay for sure!

Sigun

beanz said:
Sigun said:
maybe he has...flamini plus Edu ofcourse
However good Flamini is, he's hardly a replacement for Paddy and I did'nt realise we had to buy Edu twice :mrgreen:

no you dont understand his still a replacement, though already at the club....

though with the new reports out im scared this may happen.

patrick42uk

Established Member
this story isnt necessarily true. although it would get reported in tomorrow's papers. i'm not going to committ to vieira leaving till the club itself confirms it.

Sigun

Gunner Ossie said:
At least we can now say we are rich

yeah....**** rich! money is nothing without a team

I actually cant beleave Vieira is willing to walk away from what arsenal is building right now. he has a chance to go down as a hero.

blimpar

KingReyes said:
Lets just wait for something official, but it looks like he's off. I wonder how many still believe Wenger's comments that he will stay for sure!

Wenger's quotes were all about putting pressure on Vieira to stay and if that didn't work getting the best possible deal for Arsenal Football Club.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Axl said:
It´s a f**king radiostations who says this.... could be BS aswell!!

Agreed. And a Madrid station at that.

That said and if it's true he's entitled to try his hand elsewhere, a new challenge, not a better one. He figures he's got a good few years there & the stats suggest he'll win the CL sometime. I figure he's missing out on something better, something special, but hey it's his loss.

Hysteria will get us nowhere.

And sure, I guess we can expect a few Vieira songs from the right hand corner of the clock end this season. And the charity shield should be fun.

But I trust Wenger implicity, & we'd be cashing in at the peak of his value.

We are THE Arsenal.

Allyboy

Established Member
Look Vieria has given us eight years fantastic service, if he wants to go play for Madrid then he is entitled to. Maybe he should have shown his hand earlier and I do not think he should have kept us in the dark on what was happening but if Real make a bid he is entitled to tell the club he wants to go.

Its not being disloyal, its taking, what in his eyes is the last chance to play for arguably the biggest club in the world. The fact that he has been tooing and throwing the last few weeks would suggest that he is really torn to leave but he probably feels he has to take this chance.

We will survive this, we beat Inter Milan 5-1 in the San Siro without him and he probably missed about a third of the season in total last year and funnily enough, the big games we lost he played in!!

If people want to hate the guy then fine, I just think it is a shame that his service to the club is going to be forgotten by some....

r_blair2

Its a bigger achievement to win the CL with Arsenal who are an up and coming team instead of Real who are established in Europe and very successful already. Plus he would be remembered as captain of Arsenal instead of just a player a Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom