• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 66,00.html

VIEIRA FEE AGREED
Tuesday 3rd August 2004

More Premiership stories:

Levante claim Forlan deal

Results
Top Scorers
Tables
Fixtures
Opta Stats

Real Madrid and Arsenal have agreed on £23.1 million fee for Gunners skipper Patrick Vieira, according to Spanish radio reports.
Radio station Cadena SER is reporting that Real president Florentino Perez and Highbury vice-president David Dein have agreed on the €35 million deal.

The French midfielder would sign a four or five year deal to join the legions of 'Galaticos' at El Santiago Bernabeu.

Vieira lifted the Premiership trophy as skipper of an unbeaten Arsenal side last season, but it is thought to be his concerns of the club's UEFA Champions League prospects that has led to his decision to leave.

Gunners boss Arsène Wenger has even stated that he is powerless to stop Vieira leaving if the former Milan man decides to swap North London for Madrid.

Perez has made his name at Real by signing one big star each year, and Vieira has been targeted to follow the likes of Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane and David Beckham.

Vieira has been linked with moves away from Highbury for the last few summers, but this time it has materialised into a solid interest from Real.

Radio station Cadena SER has close links with Real and the news of Beckham's move from Manchester United was also released on radio last summer.

Real want to sign Vieira before Thursday's deadline for the opening stages of the Champions League, but it is thought that Arsenal want to try and secure the services of a replacement, thought to be Porto star Maniche, before going through with the deal.

Should it go through the news will be a massive blow for Arsenal fans who will have to look forward to the new season without their giant midfield presence.

Mark said:
she_gunner_wales said:
sorry but that sounds really hypocritical, on the one hand you saying YOU not as confident on the other you saying we should take a leaf out of someone else's book!

I had a quick change of heart having read the article properly and looking at the sources. The Spanish media are just making stuff up. They said last week that Vieira had already signed and now they are saying a fee has been agreed, doesn't make much sense to me.

LOL no probs, sorry if that came across a bit harsh.
this is really unsettling me too, its in the papers all week about how this & that arsenal player is urging Pat to stay too.
if he still with us by sunday im taking a huge banner to the CS!

algunner

All I have to say is that I can't wait for the season to start then we will know who is an Arsenal Player and a Real Player.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Whats wrong with the pic jose reyes 2004

Well from what i see - he's surrounded by a bunch of people who want him to comment about his current situation - and he's not said anything - not even a simple - no im not going to madrid.

Unless ofcourse the picture was taken ages ago - before this whole thing started.

JazzG

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Whats wrong with the pic jose reyes 2004

Well from what i see - he's surrounded by a bunch of people who want him to comment about his current situation - and he's not said anything - not even a simple - no im not going to madrid.

Unless ofcourse the picture was taken ages ago - before this whole thing started.

Dunno if you read my post but look at what shirt he is wearing, it is a France one not an Arsenal one, so probably taken in Euro 2004.

Great Gunman

All things rumors about Vieira, fare enough he was irrepecable but look at this any way, how long has he been at this club? 8 yrs approximately. Vieira has won everything apart from the Champions League, which is what he is after.

I mean 8yrs trying to win the CLeague with Arsenal and only reaching the Q-finals, you must be pissed off, whereas Real Madrid has won the trophy on 3 occasions in the last in the last 7yrs buying quality not quantity. Vieira has given a lot of this club and I wouldn't give him abuse him, if he decided to play against us, although he should be a clause that prevent him from playing against us.

£23.1m :( that is a blatant rip-off; Arsenal has been shafted, severely. If Rio was worth £30m then Vieira must be worth maximum £35m, don't forget Real Madrid paid an astronomically amount for Zidane, £48.5m to be exact for a 30yrs old player.

And the ridicously thing is that Viera is not considered a "galacaticos" that is an insult to Viera and to Arsenal. What a pity that he was to take a wage cut, oh well :roll: but life must go on, I will still support Arsenal, even if we were relegated, that is why I love this club, it's in my veins 4 ever. 8) peace, love and happiness. Lets get this party started, bring on the C8nt, manure!!!! :twisted:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dunno if you read my post but look at what shirt he is wearing, it is a France one not an Arsenal one, so probably taken in Euro 2004.

Ah sorry i just read that. Your right - he is wearing a france shirt. Sorry about that !

But regardless of when the picture was taken - Patrick has not said anything - you cant really say he's tired of telling the world he's not going anywhere - all he has to do is just say yes or no - its really not that hard.

We, as fans deserve to know whats going on dont we ?

A

Anonymous

Im confused as hell now.

I was sure he was off after tonights developments, but reading some of the posts on here has made me feel otherwise.

But it still comes down to Vieira who can end all this in a simple two lined statement, which he refuses to do. Why? He is seriously considering leaving Arsenal, if he is not then keeping silent makes no sense at all.

I really cant see him staying an Arsenal player now after all this. All these reports from Spain are based on something, there is not some guy sat in an office making it all up.

Wenger has said he wants to keep Vieira, but ive never been 100% convinced by him. He makes a bold statement and then backs down from it in the next sentence.

I think he may very well be sold over Wengers head.

Gregwin04

I think he may very well be sold over Wengers head

i dont think that will ever happen at arsenal the bord now that AW is far to important to keep him out of the loop on something as big as this or any transfer infact.
i keep thinking however of the statment by a close friend that he Vieira would have to be forced out could that be whats going on. maby wenger thinks its time to shake up his midfield?

A

Anonymous

From a manc site:

ok, believe this or not but I have inside knowledge.

Apparently Vieira agreed terms with Real Madrid a month ago but out of respect to wenger he decided not to leave until a deal to sign his replacement had been finalised.

Madrid have been getting twitchy with the transfer deadline looming, and have forced arsenal into a corner, but they agreed to sell in early july. Where has Vieira's agent kuttner been? London? No. Madrid? Nope.

He's been in Kiev.

Kuttner is also the agent of Kolo Toure.

His brother plays for some Ukranian team, and plays in the centre of midfield.

Vieira's replacement is Kolo Toure's brother.

Probably bollocks, but interesting at the same time.

Adam

Established Member
We complain about Vieira's silence - but if he goes, he has done the club a favour in cranking up the transfer fee. The agent may have told Madrid he wants to go of course.... and that would throw this in the pits.

I still believe he is staying, but if he goes - i will never condemn him, and still see him as a legend.

Actions on the pitch, speak louder than the words he may not have said.

GoonerLuke

Gregwin04 said:
i keep thinking however of the statment by a close friend that he Vieira would have to be forced out could that be whats going on. maby wenger thinks its time to shake up his midfield?

No way in Hell is Wenger forcing Vieira out. Vieira is forcing himself out and trying not to step on toes as he backs out the door. Say goodbye to Paddy if you want, I only wish he'd had the decency to say goodbye to all of us.

BTW, nothing would make me happier than to be eating my words in a couple of days, though I doubt that will happen.

jc8gooner

Still refuse to believe that Vieira is going anywhere. Will not accept it until I hear officially that he is no longer an afc player and is seen in the real madrid shirt.

Maniche is not good enough to replace Vieira. In fact, no one is, at the moment, good enough to replace Paddy. He is the best midfielder in the world.

If he wants to leave, I don't think he has his head screwed on. He has said many times that he would rather win the CL with Arsenal than Real Madrid. Why the sudden change of heart? Plus, if anything, Real now have no more realistic chance of winning the CL than Arsenal.

I will be devastated if he does leave as I think he is absolutely irreplaceable, and I can't see us achieving as much as we have in the last few years without him. He is our captain, the heartbeat of our team, the man on whom we can always rely. My memory of him will be tainted if he leaves in these circumstances.

The silence is unbearable.

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
All these reports from Spain are based on something, there is not some guy sat in an office making it all up.

Do you remember the news of the world running an interview with Vieira about how happy he was to sign an contract and then a few days later Paddy said he hadn't signed. You would be suprised with what goes on in the media mate!

That yaya toure article is interesting though, very interesting infact. Which site did you get it from?

Adam

Established Member
The Sun are reporting he has put his house on the market. This wouldn't be the first time they fabricated something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom