• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregwin04

yeh i agree.. f*uck the fack that we as a club made him gave him the capancy and have built possably the best arsenal team in the clubs history. if he goes he will have wased the chance to become an arsenal legend and that has annoyed me more than anything i think

memyself, just red you post mate, grate stuff

_scorpion_

Established Member
I told you people 3 weeks ago that his silence meant that he was leaving....no one wanted to believe...not sure how that helps, but at least i have a head start on the recovery process.

Think about it....in years gone by he has come out and said something at least. Any player staying would say something...they have nothing to lose, unless they are moving.

The silence was so that Arsenal could bargin a better deal for the club. I believe all the players knew about it weeks ago and were instructed not to say anything. I heard about this rumor 3 months ago! (As I told you all 3 weeks ago) I chose not to believe it....but the silence has really been deafening! I only really forced myself to believe he was going 3 weeks ago cause of the silence from Viera.

Obviously some of his team mates spilled the beans...otherwise the rumors wouldnt have come out so early....i believe the 23.1 million figure was the same amount touted 3 months ago....so i guess that tells me Arsenal have known for quite a while and possibly iinstructed Viera to push for that amount with Madrid.

This all came about thanks to Chelsea...we have them to thank....we have Roman to thank....it makes sense now why AW has been so vocal about attacking Chelsea's transfer market ability....he saw the big picture a long time ago.....

No makalele at madrid = no success = need for a new replacement = Viera...simple logic!

It sh*ts me because we stand so close to having the best seasons ever....

r_blair2

Yeh we do _scorpion_, but to me, for Vieira's talent and named 'best player in the world in his position' I think we could of got more than 23.1 million. Not sure but I believe in my mind we could've.

Anyway, cya gooners, im off to bed after arguing on too many msgboards tonight.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Can we actually believe this report? To me, this is no different than the last one that came out. All we are doing is going off some dodgy Spanish radio comment. Still havent heard nothing from Real Madrid, Arsenal, Wenger, Vieira or his agent.

God damn...this is absolutely no different at all from the previous topic about Vieira and Real Madrid agreeing personal terms. Its so stupid.

And 23.1mil........dont f*cking insult me with that figure! No way he is worth that little to Arsenal!!!!!

As far as im concerned, he'll be lining up along side Edu or Glberto in the centre of midfield against United in the Community Shield!

GoonerLuke

_scorpion_ said:
This all came about thanks to Chelsea...we have them to thank....we have Roman to thank....it makes sense now why AW has been so vocal about attacking Chelsea's transfer market ability....he saw the big picture a long time ago.....

No makalele at madrid = no success = need for a new replacement = Viera...simple logic!

It sh*ts me because we stand so close to having the best seasons ever....

http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/i-2004-0 ... 09-23.html

I think Ian Grant must have read your post before he wrote his. . .

n_henry

scorpion - I too have taken his silence as a confirmation that he was leaving, or at the very least wanted to do so.
Like when he was approached by someone a couple of weeks ago and he said "I can't talk now. Don't do this to me" or something - that would have been the time to quash the rumours, if he really didn't want to leave.
There's never been a need to call an official press conference to refute everything the media has to say (we'd never play football if everyone did that), but when he was asked in that instance, that would've been the time to do it.

Not to stray too far away from the topic, but when "Becks to Real" rumours surfaced at this time last year, at least Beckham came out and made clear his personal intentions to stay.

_scorpion_

Established Member
n_henry said:
Like when he was approached by someone a couple of weeks ago and he said "I can't talk now. Don't do this to me" or something - that would have been the time to quash the rumours, if he really didn't want to leave.
There's never been a need to call an official press conference to refute everything the media has to say (we'd never play football if everyone did that), but when he was asked in that instance, that would've been the time to do it.

I agree with you on that....his statement was a clear indication he is going.

AW has been playing us too....he has known all along....he has never said Viera is not for sale....all his quotes are about the money not being the most important factor AND that he EXPECTS Viera to be playing for Arsenal next season.....

In other words...."I wanted him to stay but he is insisting on leaving and I can't convince him stay this time"

AW doent want to come accross as too negative about the situation...he wants it as low key as possible....which is impossible when you consider Viera's standing at the club....AW doesnt want it to seem like the BIG club buying a big player from a small club....that's why all his comments are about money and it's 'non importance' in this deal.

IMO 23.1 million is nothing for Viera!!! He is worth 40 million at least. You are talking about a player in the current market that has no equal....there are obvious substitutes..(like Ballack for me and Gerrard for others)...but they are nothing like Viera.

So to all you people hanging onto any hope....save it for when they come for Henry next year.

Black Cesar

Viera joining madrid might be a blessing in disguise for Arsenal.

He wants to win the Champions League, but finally we might do it without him.

huyha123

but on second thought, if all this turn into just a play like someone suggest before, I am so damn sure it will f**k up Real big times. so big that from now on they will never even think of any Arsenal player.

and maybe others club as well. so I can go to bed with that beautiful idea in my mind. which is so peaceful now. :wink:

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
marca did it a few weeks ago. they said a contract has been agreed. this is some dumb radio place. let us now hope and pray over the next couple of days that PV does not leave. after thursday, we can breathe a little easier. this is certainly worrying but nothing is official yet. now, if u are catholic, pick up the rosary, if u are protestant, slap the **** out of your bible and scream the **** out of heaven's eardrums. this is our captain and icon PV4. lets hope this is bullshit. as for me, i am remaining positive. i think he will stay.

Gooner83

i'm so pissed right now, talk about spoiling the start of my football season!

I hope this is Spanish bullshit..... or i have lost all respect for Vieira.

He knows how much we love him at highbury, why would he do this to us when we are already a better team than Real... our results show it.

This was finnally gonna be our year in the Champions league... but not without paddy.... Real dont have a hope in hell either so i guess that leaves Porto or Monaco to win it :roll:

And the replacement is gonna be Maniche... PLS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

KingReyes

Established Member
If Wenger's words are to believe then he will definately stay. 100% confident he would stay and also said we could reject a bid of 30 million. So its quite obvious that if this goes ahead Vieira wants to make the move with no questions asked.

kanooo

Well, everything is uncertain at the moment. But we will still be supporting Arsenal. And Arsenal will move on - with or without Patrick Vieira....

Ladygooner

kanooo said:
Well, everything is uncertain at the moment. But we will still be supporting Arsenal. And Arsenal will move on - with or without Patrick Vieira....

Fair enough.

But I have to say the thought that Paddy will actually leave us makes me feel sick - I didn't believe the rumours when they started a few weeks ago.

I know that Arsenal will move on without him - but I'm not so sure it will happen this season - Vieira is the best in his position in the world, I can't think of one player who could replace him. But it Paddy wants to go - it is right that he goes, because we don't need a player whose heart is not in the right place.

The reason I feel sick is that footballers are so two faced sometimes - all this "I love the club, the fans, blah blah" means nothing at the end of the day - better off the players come out and say"this is a job, I enjoy it, but if a better offer comes along, I'll have to consider it". Paddy would have done well to kept his mouth shut at the end of the season. Perhaps that's why he has kept silent over this transfer saga.

The only player whose loyalty I haven't questioned so far is Henry - a shining example to all those around him.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Ladygooner said:
kanooo said:
But it Paddy wants to go - it is right that he goes, because we don't need a player whose heart is not in the right place.

He has a contract with Arsenal....so in reality, he does not have the right to go anywhere.

The only player whose loyalty I haven't questioned so far is Henry - a shining example to all those around him.

Dont bet on Henry yet....there is plenty of time for Madrid to move in on him.....maybe not this summer.....wait and see.

This is my point....if Arsenal where ever gonna prove to the world that they are a big club....they should have rejected Madrid.....we are still small fry....thats why Viera is leaving.

AdamT

if vieira leaves i hope he gets a career ending injury in the first week of the new season.shattered pelvis and both femurs hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom