• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexone234

he left the Arsenal
and now he's won F==k all

or

we bought him for a snip
he's made us £20million quid

or

now he's old and slow
to Real he can go

A

Anonymous

He comes from senegal, he deserted arsenal

Good point about the singing, away fans wont be singing "youve only got on song" anymore, more like singing "you havent got a song".
Also be prepared for assults of "wheres your captain gone" and "hey, heyyyy gooners - u **** - i wana knowwwwww where ur captains gone". The **** will finally have their revenge on our sol campbel version of that song.

Alexone234

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Sorry, but Vieira has not crossed any point of no return. That will happen the minute he signs his name. Until then he is an Arsenal player and should be treated with respect, even if we feel he has not given any.

I know that it is not like being a football club is a huge thing, but I always believe we have to put ourselves above other peoples expectations, either on the pitch or off it, players and fans alike. If I see someone in an Arsenal shirt being a vandal, hooligan or idiot, i get annoyed, as they are soiling our good name.

So even if Vieira gets to Spain, sorts everything out, buys a home, changes his mind and comes back, I think we need to elevate ourselves above the hatred and abuse, and accept him back.

You make a very good point but i strongly disagree.

If a player turns his back on a club then there is no coming back.

Also, if a player lies to the fans, telling them he's staying and then leaves -he can never be accepted back to the club again.

If vieira leaves then he would have been 1) a liar 2) an idiot for throwing away everything he has at arsenal 3) a legend in his own right

Personally, i would have accepted patrick's decision of wanting a new challenge - i would have said that he's been a great player for arsenal and gave us 8 years of top quality service - and i'd wish him the best of luck at madrid - BUT i wont - because he said that he was staying, he said he was going nowhere, and most of all - because he left on such bad terms.

I know exactly what you are saying. but I can't help but think that this must be a huge decision for Patrick. I don't think for a minute he is unhappy, nor do I think that half of the reasons stated are true. I think that if Pat goes, it will be the hardest emotional decision he has ever taken, and I think he will, at times, look back and wonder why he took it. England is like his home, Arsenal are like his family and Wenger is like his father. The fact it has taken this long to make a decision, and still no decision is 100%, means that Vieira's heart is still, in some sense, at highbury.

A

Anonymous

NO way should he be accepted back at highbury once he leaves in this way. He has turned his back on us well and trully. I would accept (although disagree) with him wanting a new challenge at madrid, but the way he has done this has crossed all lines. Freddie came out and clearly said NO, vieira should of done that or at least come out and said he loves the club but its time to move. He should be ashamed and i hope the highbury fans show him how hurt we are if he ever returns with madrid.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I know it'd never work, but I was thinking about this yesterday- to the tune of Another brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd

We don't need no Pat Vieira
We don't need your ball control
No more sliding tackles on Paul Scholes
Hey! Madrid! Leave our team alone!

Clarkey

Arrrre you watching
Arrrre you watching
Arrrre you watching Vieira
Arrrre yooou waatching Vi - eir - a.

--------

Vieira oooooh Vieira oooooh
He came with fcuk all
was made at Arsenal.

KingReyes

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Sorry, but Vieira has not crossed any point of no return. That will happen the minute he signs his name. Until then he is an Arsenal player and should be treated with respect, even if we feel he has not given any.

I know that it is not like being a football club is a huge thing, but I always believe we have to put ourselves above other peoples expectations, either on the pitch or off it, players and fans alike. If I see someone in an Arsenal shirt being a vandal, hooligan or idiot, i get annoyed, as they are soiling our good name.

So even if Vieira gets to Spain, sorts everything out, buys a home, changes his mind and comes back, I think we need to elevate ourselves above the hatred and abuse, and accept him back.

You make a very good point but i strongly disagree.

If a player turns his back on a club then there is no coming back.

Also, if a player lies to the fans, telling them he's staying and then leaves -he can never be accepted back to the club again.

If vieira leaves then he would have been 1) a liar 2) an idiot for throwing away everything he has at arsenal 3) a legend in his own right

Personally, i would have accepted patrick's decision of wanting a new challenge - i would have said that he's been a great player for arsenal and gave us 8 years of top quality service - and i'd wish him the best of luck at madrid - BUT i wont - because he said that he was staying, he said he was going nowhere, and most of all - because he left on such bad terms.

I know exactly what you are saying. but I can't help but think that this must be a huge decision for Patrick. I don't think for a minute he is unhappy, nor do I think that half of the reasons stated are true. I think that if Pat goes, it will be the hardest emotional decision he has ever taken, and I think he will, at times, look back and wonder why he took it. England is like his home, Arsenal are like his family and Wenger is like his father. The fact it has taken this long to make a decision, and still no decision is 100%, means that Vieira's heart is still, in some sense, at highbury.

Its nice to see you have some belief he'll stay, but do you actually think Real Madrid are stupid enough to wait for Mr.Vieira to make his important decision. They would have looked elsewhere by now with the CL deadline and all if he wanted to stay. Also I think he's had enough time to make up his mind, Gerrard came back from Euro 2004 made a decision and stated he wanted to stay with Pool. Vieira has had plenty of time to make up his mind.

Kyla

Alexone234 said:
The fact it has taken this long to make a decision, and still no decision is 100%, means that Vieira's heart is still, in some sense, at highbury.

Ha! Didn't know he had a heart. He's ****ed us Arsenal fans over for far too long now. He's run us through the mill with this Real ****, year after year. We finally think we've got peace of mind when he signs a three year contract, only now for him to turn around and slap everybody in the face.

We will be half the side without him. No one can replace him. Irreplacable is used too often around here, but let's face it a batch of Vieiras don't grow on trees. I trust Weng to find decent cover, but things will never truly be the same again- it hurts, but we will move on!

Kyla

I understand oneteam- in the bigger scheme of things, Wenger is the SINGLE most important person at the club, but i won't underestimate what losing Vieira will mean for the club. I'm thinking short term here- the psychological blow to the rest of the players, the psycholgical advantage to our opponents. EVERYTHING!!

tbbosa

theguvnor said:
He should be ashamed and i hope the highbury fans show him how hurt we are if he ever returns with madrid.

Why are we attacking one of ours?. We are now behaving like the car thieves at Liverpool.
What shall we be saying if by all means Vieira stays?

I think this is a trying time for everyone, the fans, the players and I believe Vieira himself, may be he does not want to go any more!!!
We should just wait and see, instead of attacking our captain, whose name we have sang for so many years...it looks hypocritical IMHO if we are to go on attacking him.

He has not said anything, neither has the Club, why should we believe the toilet paper's (The sun) BS like it were facts on which our lives depend!!!

Lets all be patient, shall we?…. may be this is also a test for how true we are to Arsenal ourselves instead of pointing fingers.
Vieira has not done anything wrong, till an official word is heard from the club or the man himself, that it is a done deal.

Give our captain the benefit of the doubt, at least he deserves 8 years of that !!

sebasvard

OneteaminLondon said:
Day 25 in the Patrick Vieira saga....

To be continued...
Nice.... :D

Although I guess it would be unfair to say it is the pull of the peseta that is tempting Patrick. It would surely be about a football decision, not a financial one.

But a great piece anyway :)

patrick42uk

Established Member
is a decision still being made? i think vieira has already made up his mind to leave. the delay is down to disagreements over a transfer fee. if this move eventually falls through and vieira has to stay, any future words of committment to the club will be hard to swallow.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
sebasvard said:
OneteaminLondon said:
Day 25 in the Patrick Vieira saga....

To be continued...
Nice.... :D

Although I guess it would be unfair to say it is the pull of the peseta that is tempting Patrick. It would surely be about a football decision, not a financial one.

But a great piece anyway :)

Cheers :D

patrick, I agree, IF he stays, it will never be the same as it was- how can we trust him? All it would have taken was one word from him to kill it all, but he couldn't do that. Enough is enough.

kyla- I think we're stronger than that, remember how bad losing the 2001 FA Cup Final felt? :cry:
Remember what happened next season? :lol:

A

Anonymous

if it collapses and he has to stay he should be stripped of captaincy ...this happens every year lookin for a new club and funny how is has nothing to say on it yet within hrs of papers sayin Freddie is off he comes out publicly an denies it

Sol man

tbbosa said:
theguvnor said:
He should be ashamed and i hope the highbury fans show him how hurt we are if he ever returns with madrid.

Why are we attacking one of ours?. We are now behaving like the car thieves at Liverpool.
What shall we be saying if by all means Vieira stays?

I think this is a trying time for everyone, the fans, the players and I believe Vieira himself, may be he does not want to go any more!!!
We should just wait and see, instead of attacking our captain, whose name we have sang for so many years...it looks hypocritical IMHO if we are to go on attacking him.

He has not said anything, neither has the Club, why should we believe the toilet paper's (The sun) BS like it were facts on which our lives depend!!!

Lets all be patient, shall we?…. may be this is also a test for how true we are to Arsenal ourselves instead of pointing fingers.
Vieira has not done anything wrong, till an official word is heard from the club or the man himself, that it is a done deal.

Give our captain the benefit of the doubt, at least he deserves 8 years of that !!
I think you are being naive if you honestly think he is going to stay and that he wants to stay. Something tells me that The Sun made up the Freddie story in order to see how the player and the club would react to it(just to confirm that they were right about Paddy all the time). I can guarantee that most tabloids will make a comparison between how the two players have treated being linked away from the club.

AFCG7

Established Member
You're probably right.. and Vieira has to be a first class prick if he thinks the fans will accept that he is saying nothing on the matter.
If he doesnt say anything by the Shield game the fans there should let him know how we feel.. a chant maybe since banners may not be allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom