• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Why do you need to make 3 posts saying the same thing ? Vieira didnt goto to Madrid because they wouldnt pay him "galacticos" money , him staying had nothing to do with loyalty.....

Lord Dula

Established Member
Steady on Pletikosa - nobody is having a dig at Vieira's loyalty. Sometimes you have to look forward and weigh up options afterall Arsenal is bigger than any one player.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Steady on Pletikosa - nobody is having a dig at Vieira's loyalty. Sometimes you have to look forward and weigh up options afterall Arsenal is bigger than any one player.

famous no 10

Established Member
This time, lets sell him, I can't stand another summer of bulls**t...most unsettling for us and the team. 20 million or so will do just fine, we can do alot with the money.

Paddy had some great seasons with us, if he stays because he loves the club then great, if we sell him thats good too. Life go's on.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Dula said:
To be honest I'm no longer fussed - either way we do well cos if he goes we get cash and maybe a good player like owen or if he stays we still have a good player.

It used to be the case that he could not be replaced but now I'm not sure sure. Essien could do the job.

£15m + Michael Owen would be very good business. Essien would be the ideal replacement. Real Madrid get linked with so many of our players. Cole, Pires, Edu, Vieira, Ljungberg, Henry, Reyes, Lauren, Campbell etc..

n_henry

patrick42uk said:
didnt henry say he would be tempted to go if viera left or smething to that effect?

He did indeed say something like that... that if Paddy left, he'd reconsider his situation and would (seriously) consider leaving as well...

Cash and Owen would be very good business, and we should take it if Real make such an offer. Paddy's form hasn't been the only thing that's come under criticism this season, it's also been the lack of fight and leadership in him... it may just be that his heart just isn't here anymore, but I think the team has lost respect and belief in him as well.

I've been pretty much against selling him, insisting that we should stick by him, but I've changed my mind. I don't think he can be what he once was for us - not only form-wise (I think it's perhaps premature to say he's past it) but, perhaps more importantly as our captain and leader.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
if he's playing for us next season, i'll be happy about it. if he isnt, i'll readily accept it. this summer isnt going to be like last summer when i was pissin myself everyday as i made my morning ritual of visiting soccernet.com. i was actually waking up at night from nightmares that vieira signed for madrid. no more. if he as much as hesitates to kill any rumours, pack him up and send him to spain.

Sammer

Established Member
If we could cash in and spend the money on an experienced top-class midfielder (whoever that would be?), I would subscribe to letting him go.

Very much depends on the rest of this season. If he continues to play inconsistently and under his abilities too often, there is no question: let him go (if we can cash in).

Ratinho

Established Member
£15m + Owen??

Snatch that money out of their hands right now.

That'd fund the Essien move, gain the striker we could do with, and even add to a fund that could lure Gerrard, with Owen coming.

All just rumours for now, but it seems a deal heavily weighted in our favour.

Soler

Established Member
If his heart is in Madrid then we may as well end his nightmare and send the rest of his anatomy to Spain.

jasonlohkh

Ratinho said:
£15m + Owen??

Snatch that money out of their hands right now.

That'd fund the Essien move, gain the striker we could do with, and even add to a fund that could lure Gerrard, with Owen coming.

All just rumours for now, but it seems a deal heavily weighted in our favour.

good idea

kel varnsen

Established Member
hopefully there is som truth to this rumour; i don't mind seeing vieira leave. he is past it and a crap captein. i say sell vieira and sign gerrard.

jasonlohkh

if viera leave who should be our midfiled general? i personally think that wenger will use the money to buy essien or perhaps using owen as a bait to lure gerrard to highbury.
if viera leave will lead to the signing of gerrard and owen then i totally agree with the move. but please wenger dont use the money and buy some promising player.
so should wenger buy gerrard or essien?

marhes26

Would love Owen i must admit...imagine the goals he would get with the chances we make.He aint a striker who tries to walk the ball in either so i think it would be great to have him.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I want Owen, but not at the expense of Reyes....so if Madrid want Vieria, an Owen plus cash deal would be ideal.

Then we spend the funds on getting both Essien and Gerrard.
Still think we need more defensive cover - CB's like Kompany and Chivu would be ideal.

imagine:

Henry Owen
Reyes Gerrard Essien Ljunberg
Cole Campbell Chivu/Kompany Toure
Hilderbrand

what a team - thats what i call refreshing the squad.

Hilal

No ****ing way should we sell Vieira.
Only a handfull of players are even now better than Patrick (Gerrad? Emerson?), despite his **** form, or even at his level.
If Patrick leaves it would seriously ask questions of the clubs ambitition. Players such as Henry, Cole and Sol would consider their futures, especially if one of their closet teamates leaves for Madrid.
This season we have taken steps backwards due to defensive frailities, it would be stupid for us to rebuild are entire midfield ( by selling Edu and Vieira), for the sake of 15 million plus Owen.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
As they say all good things come to an end. Vieira and Arsenal have been very good to each other, but perhaps its in the best interests of both if Vieira leaves. He's almost thirty and he's not going to get many more chances to join Real. Also this year is probably our last chance of a getting a substantial amount of money for him. His form has picked up over the last few weeks but is still way short of his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom