• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vieira has always been the subject of transfer speculation and this would probably not change the next years.
It's always the same: Whenever a player possesses a certain level of quality in his play, he becomes interesting for the big clubs in Europe.
Nevertheless I don't think Vieira would leave us this year. He has already had so many possibilities of joining another club and everytime he has prefered to stay with us so far. Why should he change his mind?
And why did he reject a bid from Real last year if he's interested in moving to Spain. If this was the case, he could have joined Real - who probably would have paid some more money than Barcelona - last year.

PS: I would really appreciate it if the native-speakers of the English language could correct me when I make mistakes concerning the choice of words or spelling. I'm still learning English and I just want to improve my language-skills as much as possible, so you would really help me by correcting my mistakes.

famous no 10

Established Member
German Gooner Chrisi said:
Vieira has always been the subject of transfer speculation and this would probably not change the next years.
It's always the same: Whenever a player possesses a certain level of quality in his play, he becomes interesting for the big clubs in Europe.
Nevertheless I don't think Vieira would leave us this year. He has already had so many possibilities of joining another club and everytime he has prefered to stay with us so far. Why should he change his mind?
And why did he reject a bid from Real last year if he's interested in moving to Spain. If this was the case, he could have joined Real - who probably would have paid some more money than Barcelona - last year.

PS: I would really appreciate it if the native-speakers of the English language could correct me when I make mistakes concerning the choice of words or spelling. I'm still learning English and I just want to improve my language-skills as much as possible, so you would really help me by correcting my mistakes.

You're doing fine...probably be better if you corrected some of ours!

KingReyes

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
German Gooner Chrisi said:

You're doing fine...probably be better if you corrected some of ours!

Exactly, German Gooner Chrisi your English is fine. Well written and well said.

Clarkey

In a perfect world of course. I'd play a three man midfield anyways if that pipe dream was a reality but you know, this isn't championship manager.

Artillery

What? last year it was Real Madrid....and now Barca?
How come Patrick Vieira has always been a speculation about leaving Arsenal for some high profile spanish club? :roll:

Ratinho

Established Member
.....because he has been known as one of the best players in the world for a few years, and he is naturally going to be linked with other clubs, especially bigger clubs.

Clarkey

Doesn't the fact these players are linked to big clubs, including our secondary players like Edu show how good the squad Wenger has built is. Thats a positive, our players are that great that the top teams want to poach them.....now if we could keep hold of them and add some more........

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
speaking of Edu.. now im not so positive that he is going anywhere in the summer.. his biggest ally in Spain was Ranieri at Valencia.. now he's gone, and im not so sure Valencia will be able to pay his desired wages (they are in real danger of not qualifying for Europe at all)... plus, when healthy, he has been playing for us.. and playing decently.. maybe we will offer him a little more than we did before to keep him here (but not as much as he thinks he should get)? who knows... if he leaves, we should get a replacement, but if he stays, we dont need any more CM's, especially with Bert coming back...

i dont see Paddy going anywhere this summer.... he is the captain, and once he didnt leave for Real, i think that is just about it for realistic expectations of him leaving

JGooner

USArsenal said:
speaking of Edu.. now im not so positive that he is going anywhere in the summer.. his biggest ally in Spain was Ranieri at Valencia.. now he's gone, and im not so sure Valencia will be able to pay his desired wages (they are in real danger of not qualifying for Europe at all)... plus, when healthy, he has been playing for us.. and playing decently.. maybe we will offer him a little more than we did before to keep him here (but not as much as he thinks he should get)? who knows... if he leaves, we should get a replacement, but if he stays, we dont need any more CM's, especially with Bert coming back...

i dont see Paddy going anywhere this summer.... he is the captain, and once he didnt leave for Real, i think that is just about it for realistic expectations of him leaving

I hope you're right about Edu, though I suspect there will be at least one continental team willing to match his wage demands.

kel varnsen

Established Member
i 2nd that. i hope edu stays; he is quality. i would love to see edu and gilberto playing together; i think they could be a great central midfield...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
JGooner said:
USArsenal said:

I hope you're right about Edu, though I suspect there will be at least one continental team willing to match his wage demands.

but the real question is, will a team that has any realistic shot at winning anything pay him the money he thinks he can get? cant see one of the top teams wanting him (Juve, Real, Barca, Milan, etc) and i dont know that he would be willing to go to a second-tier club just to get the money... i guess we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom