• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonerism

all im saying is that if we were gonna lose him, i would prefer a WORLD CLASS player as part of the deal, were the **** does all this anti owen bullshit come from? seriously?

i know that paddy is an integral part of a team, but we might lose him.**** happens. id rather get something out of the deal other than money.

owens goal scoring record at any level speaks for itself, useless my arse

Army of Me

Established Member
we've talked about owen so much already on this forum, thats probably the reason everyones a little short with you! i wouldn't worry about it.

seriously though, i personally would like to see owen play for us, like you said his goal scoring record speaks for itself - some people think he's past it, but i disagree, he's top class and will get us goals.

however, we will need to replace vieira, you saw how our midfield suffered when gilberto was out, it'll be the same thing all over again if we get rid of vieira, and tbh, i can't think of anyone who can replace him at the moment - so a swap deal involving owen just isn't acceptable imo.

kel varnsen

Established Member
goonerism said:
all im saying is that if we were gonna lose him, i would prefer a WORLD CLASS player as part of the deal, were the f**k does all this anti owen bullshit come from? seriously?

i know that paddy is an integral part of a team, but we might lose him.s**t happens. id rather get something out of the deal other than money.

beause the only ones who rate him, are ignorant brits. i'll leave it at that. owen is overrated and wouldn't even improve our squad. van persie, reyes, bergkamp are all far better footballers. if owen did join us, i can guarrantee he'd be a disaster. he isn't skilled enough for real madrid, ergo he isn't skilled enough for us. for england and liverpool, sure. for us? no way...

Army of Me

Established Member
this has been done to the death, and i think we've all agreed that he ain't coming here - half of us love him, half of us hate him but he ain't gonna be playing for us next season!

Robno.7

kel varnsen said:
goonerism said:
all im saying is that if we were gonna lose him, i would prefer a WORLD CLASS player as part of the deal, were the f**k does all this anti owen bullshit come from? seriously?

i know that paddy is an integral part of a team, but we might lose him.s**t happens. id rather get something out of the deal other than money.

beause the only ones who rate him, are ignorant brits. i'll leave it at that. owen is overrated and wouldn't even improve our squad. van persie, reyes, bergkamp are all far better footballers. if owen did join us, i can guarrantee he'd be a disaster. he isn't skilled enough for real madrid, ergo he isn't skilled enough for us. for england and liverpool, sure. for us? no way...

ignorant brits are the only ones who rate him. Thats the biggest amount of BS ive heard in a while. Look at his record mate before you judge. Just because he is Enlish doesn't mean English folk will rate him higher than anyone else, Rio plays for England and i don't rate him at all, same with Beckham

s_rishi1

Gotta agree there, Owen's record is excellent, even coming off the bench for a season. And I cannot believe that someone could even CONSIDER saying that Reyes is better than Owen, when Reyes is the worst player to pull on an Arsenal shirt since Jeffers!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Robno.7, while I agree that not just Brits rate (or over-rate) Owen, you lost all credibility when you said Rio plays for England and you dont rate him at all... We all hate Rio, and he stands for all people loathe about the game (drugs, greed, etc), there is no doubting he is a fantastic defender. You should use your own saying in "Look at his record before you judge" because his record also speaks for itself...

Beckham I can understand, but not Rio...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
s_rishi1 said:
Gotta agree there, Owen's record is excellent, even coming off the bench for a season. And I cannot believe that someone could even CONSIDER saying that Reyes is better than Owen, when Reyes is the worst player to pull on an Arsenal shirt since Jeffers!

and you have NO credibility in saying Reyes is the worst player since Jeffers to play for Arsenal... he had a bad patch in the middle of the season, but still scored double digit goals and played very well in the beginning and end of the season... not to mention he was being played out of position half the season...

seriously, you are saying that the player who Zidane himself marvelled at Reyes when Sevilla spanked Real in La Liga is the wost player in a few years to play...

ok...

:shock:

Army of Me

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Robno.7, while I agree that not just Brits rate (or over-rate) Owen, you lost all credibility when you said Rio plays for England and you dont rate him at all... We all hate Rio, and he stands for all people loathe about the game (drugs, greed, etc), there is no doubting he is a fantastic defender. You should use your own saying in "Look at his record before you judge" because his record also speaks for itself...

Beckham I can understand, but not Rio...

and you have no credibility in saying that! up until the last world cup, beckham was a fantastic footballer - arguably the best in europe, but then his form dropped and his game suffered, that doesn't make him overrated, thats makes him married.

ferdinand - good.
owen - good.
beckham - was good, could still turn it on if he got a divorce.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
beckham was and still is good at 2 things: free kicks and crosses...

and i dont think you are ever going to find many people to agree with you (other than ManUre fans) that Beckham was EVER arguably or not arguably one of the best players in Europe... he was NEVER that good.. he was decent, and extremely marketable... he played for a good team.. he doesnt have the capability to change a game by himself unless there is a free kick... (which he cannot draw for himself)

David Beckham is the very DEFINITION of over rated... in a footballing sense, he could NEVER justify his transfer fee from ManUre to Real Madrid... where Real made out is the instant marketing revenue they gained from him... he is the most hyped player of this generation... the most recognized player in the game... but that does not make him anywhere NEAR the "best", not now, not before WC2002 either....

i can't believe you are even trying to argue that Beckham is not over rated....

turtle

goonerism said:
ok so imissed out an i in vieira, like it matters.

Sorry, I was just bored and having frustration with the newspaper reporting stories of teams using what they don't need to swap for our world class player. I don't live in England so I don't know why English newspaper is always targeting Arsenal, is there a particular reason? How come no newspaper is making BS like Guti/Pavon for van Nistelrooij or C. Ronaldo? Why is it always us?

May be next time teams try to use Appiah or Owen to exchange for Vieira, we should try a counter offer like how about Cygan for Owen, or Cygan for Buffon, if that's not enough, add Almunia. We take what you don't want, I will give you what we don't want. Fair deal.

seb_afc

Established Member
I wouldnt be too disapointed if we sold vieira to be honest. ok he is a good player (apart from this season...) but he can be replaced. Vieira has never shown true commitment to us anyway, because in my eyes he is still only here because real wouldnt offer him 20 grand more last year. The trouble is if we sold him, is that there isnt really anyone around. if he went to juve maybe a swap deal with emerson but thats about all i think.

jay-d

Established Member
seb_afc said:
I wouldnt be too disapointed if we sold vieira to be honest. ok he is a good player (apart from this season...) but he can be replaced. Vieira has never shown true commitment to us anyway.

:shock: He's only been here for 8 odd years.

Seed

jay-d said:
seb_afc said:
I wouldnt be too disapointed if we sold vieira to be honest. ok he is a good player (apart from this season...) but he can be replaced. Vieira has never shown true commitment to us anyway.

9 years :D

A

Anonymous

Well, Vieira aint leaving, just the usual bullshit every summer, only the good news this time is that it is actually on as a joke!

thewoodzez

Arrogant Brits !!!!!??????!!!!! Need i remind you Owen is English, and you do support an English club. Owen scored goals everywhere he's played, be it off the bench or starting for Madrid, constantly scored an average of 20 goals a season for a poor Liverpool team. As for the height thing who cares how big he is if he scores goals ???? Reyes is hardly a giant, neither is Pires, neither was Overmars, or are they all bad players because they are small ??? I dont take kindly to being called an ignorant Brit, i'm English !!!! How anybody with any football knowledge can say Owens a bad player is beyond me. His goal scoring record speaks for itself.

seb_afc

Established Member
jay-d said:
seb_afc said:

yes well the first 5 years he was developing as a player and it was when he really needed arsenal and we were there for him...but as soon as the big boys come in...well he hasnt given me a clear indication that he wants to be here 100 per cent...

seb_afc

Established Member
thewoodzez said:

Arrogant Brits !!!!!??????!!!!! Need i remind you Owen is English, and you do support an English club. Owen scored goals everywhere he's played, be it off the bench or starting for Madrid, constantly scored an average of 20 goals a season for a poor Liverpool team. As for the height thing who cares how big he is if he scores goals ???? Reyes is hardly a giant, neither is Pires, neither was Overmars, or are they all bad players because they are small ??? I dont take kindly to being called an ignorant Brit, i'm English !!!! How anybody with any football knowledge can say Owens a bad player is beyond me. His goal scoring record speaks for itself.

agree 100 per cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom