• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonerism

beause the only ones who rate him, are ignorant brits. i'll leave it at that. owen is overrated and wouldn't even improve our squad. van persie, reyes, bergkamp are all far better footballers. if owen did join us, i can guarrantee he'd be a disaster. he isn't skilled enough for real madrid, ergo he isn't skilled enough for us. for england and liverpool, sure. for us? no way...

Arrogant Brits !!!!!??????!!!!! Need i remind you Owen is English, and you do support an English club. Owen scored goals everywhere he's played, be it off the bench or starting for Madrid, constantly scored an average of 20 goals a season for a poor Liverpool team. As for the height thing who cares how big he is if he scores goals ???? Reyes is hardly a giant, neither is Pires, neither was Overmars, or are they all bad players because they are small ??? I dont take kindly to being called an ignorant Brit, i'm English !!!! How anybody with any football knowledge can say Owens a bad player is beyond me. His goal scoring record speaks for itself.

finally some sense :)

gunner_down_under

I really dont know if Owen is over-rated or not...personally, his skill isnt any better than any other decent out and out striker like crouch or RvN (lol), but he does score a lot of goals, and him being english does hype him up to being an extra-ordinary striker too.....

he is nowhere in the league of the top out and out strikers shevchenko, eto'o, ronaldo or torres, but he would still be a cheaper goal-scoring option for us!

_scorpion_

Established Member
I cant believe this thread is two pages long...its as if this topic needs to be debated or something.

This is a non event people so quit bashing each other over something that belongs in The Tribalfootball hall of "shameful sunday arvo transfers that will never happen"....

air

Owen is a decent quick striker. Overrated in my opinion, always has, always will be. But this deal would be the dumbest ever. For Arsenal, that is.

thewoodzez

gunner_down_under said:
I really dont know if Owen is over-rated or not...personally, his skill isnt any better than any other decent out and out striker like crouch or RvN (lol), but he does score a lot of goals, and him being english does hype him up to being an extra-ordinary striker too.....

he is nowhere in the league of the top out and out strikers shevchenko, eto'o, ronaldo or torres, but he would still be a cheaper goal-scoring option for us!

The point is he hasn't played enough games to top the goalscoring list. Is that because he's a bad player ?? NO its not its down to bad management by Real Madrid. His technical ability should not even come into this, Nistlerooy is hardly full of technical ability it dont mean he cant score goals, which as ive said before is what Owen does best. Anyone thats seen him play will know that he is at his best when the ball is played into his feet and he can turn and run at defenders, what better team to give him that sort of service than Arsenal ?? When Gullit took over as Newcastle boss and stuck Shearer on the bench was it because Shearer was a bad player or because Gullit was an idiot ??? Another case of bad management !! For all of you that are English and slagging Owen, remember its the world cup next year and he's going to want to do everything he can to prove his worth. Then every one of you will be singing his name AGAIN.

Why do we continue to discuss the possibility of the Owen to Arsenal move when we all know it's not going to happen? Besides as for the suggestion Vieira would be a make weight in the deal is ludacris!

Owen is a great player, but we don't need him, certainly in exchange for our Captain Pat.

That is that.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
seb_afc said:
jay-d said:
seb_afc said:
I wouldnt be too disapointed if we sold vieira to be honest. ok he is a good player (apart from this season...) but he can be replaced. Vieira has never shown true commitment to us anyway.

:shock: He's only been here for 8 odd years.

yes well the first 5 years he was developing as a player and it was when he really needed arsenal and we were there for him...but as soon as the big boys come in...well he hasnt given me a clear indication that he wants to be here 100 per cent...

seb, some of your comments are naive in the extreme. In an ideal world, all our players would be born in Islington, willing to play for peanuts and all be brilliant footballers. Unfortunately the world isn't like that, and as the world has become smaller, players come in from all over the place. Patrick shouldn't have to come out and tell us every five minutes that he's committed to us, it's nice that Thierry does, but I don't think it neccessary. Whichever way you want to slice it, Paddy's been here 9 largely successful years and whatever has gone on off the pitch, in general, has not affected him on it. The fact that one of the world's best central midfielders is still at Arsenal after nine years should be enough for you, but it isn't, why? Paddy is, when all is said and done, doing a job, a very well paid job, but a job all the same. So he's still subject to burn out, boredom and all the other things that go with working in the same place for 9 years. I don't like some of the things that have gone on over the last four summers, but to say Vieira has never shown true commitment is wrong and, I think a little bit disrespectful to him.

A

Anonymous

hey lads why are here ****ing 6alatasaray fans ? they are so gay and foolish

Sammer

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
seb_afc said:
jay-d said:
seb_afc said:
I wouldnt be too disapointed if we sold vieira to be honest. ok he is a good player (apart from this season...) but he can be replaced. Vieira has never shown true commitment to us anyway.

:shock: He's only been here for 8 odd years.

yes well the first 5 years he was developing as a player and it was when he really needed arsenal and we were there for him...but as soon as the big boys come in...well he hasnt given me a clear indication that he wants to be here 100 per cent...

seb, some of your comments are naive in the extreme. In an ideal world, all our players would be born in Islington, willing to play for peanuts and all be brilliant footballers. Unfortunately the world isn't like that, and as the world has become smaller, players come in from all over the place. Patrick shouldn't have to come out and tell us every five minutes that he's committed to us, it's nice that Thierry does, but I don't think it neccessary. Whichever way you want to slice it, Paddy's been here 9 largely successful years and whatever has gone on off the pitch, in general, has not affected him on it. The fact that one of the world's best central midfielders is still at Arsenal after nine years should be enough for you, but it isn't, why? Paddy is, when all is said and done, doing a job, a very well paid job, but a job all the same. So he's still subject to burn out, boredom and all the other things that go with working in the same place for 9 years. I don't like some of the things that have gone on over the last four summers, but to say Vieira has never shown true commitment is wrong and, I think a little bit disrespectful to him.

Could you please copy&paste that statement whenever an Arsenal player is linked to another club and fans moan about "betrayal" and "deceit"?

Ratinho

Established Member
Vieira has been a fantastic player and captain, and was here for, what, 6-7 years before he entertained the idea of leaving?

He's spent his whole career at Arsenal, and fans whine about commitment? Anyone who does that is a joke tbh.

And where the f**k did allthese sodding Gala fans come from? Our forum is an absolute magnet for trolls when there's any link with another sides players, or vice versa. One semi-bid for Pires, and the tiny club is creaming itself all over the transfer section. :roll:

kel varnsen

Established Member
thewoodzez said:
gunner_down_under said:

The point is he hasn't played enough games to top the goalscoring list. Is that because he's a bad player ?? NO its not its down to bad management by Real Madrid. His technical ability should not even come into this, Nistlerooy is hardly full of technical ability it dont mean he cant score goals, which as ive said before is what Owen does best. Anyone thats seen him play will know that he is at his best when the ball is played into his feet and he can turn and run at defenders, what better team to give him that sort of service than Arsenal ?? When Gullit took over as Newcastle boss and stuck Shearer on the bench was it because Shearer was a bad player or because Gullit was an idiot ??? Another case of bad management !! For all of you that are English and slagging Owen, remember its the world cup next year and he's going to want to do everything he can to prove his worth. Then every one of you will be singing his name AGAIN.

bollocks. van nistelroy might be a diving c*nt, but he is extremely good on the ball. van nistelroy is ten times the player owen ever was or will be...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kel varnsen- probably the biggest bullsh'tter in the world.

Could van Nistelrooy have scored that goal against Arsenal in 2001? Or the one against Argentina in 98? No, he'd have fallen over after 5 yards, it's like a default setting or something.

I don't rate Owen as a world top 5 striker, but he always scores goals- and that is his job, right?- the gap between owne and van Nistelcheat isn't as big as you make out. And Owen is only 25.

kel varnsen

Established Member
could owen have scored that goal against that swiss club(don't remeber who)? could owen have scored that goal van nistelroy scored against us at highbury...?

owen is very limited; he used to rely on his pace. now that it is gone, he is nothing. van nistelroy is probably the best striker in the world inside the box(along with gilardino and maybe crespo). he is a great target man, he is extremely good on the ball and physically very strong. pretty quick too, as we could all see when he flew by cole in the fa cup final...

sorry, i've never rated owen and a forward's job isn't limited to just scoring goals. it is helping the team win; just like every other player out there on the pitch...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Sorry, what exactly was van Nistelrooy's contribution to United last season? They were much better off without him. Whereas Owen had the best goal ratio in Spain, did he not?

And yeah, I think Owen could have scored that goal against us at Highbury, he scored a better one than that against the Argies. van Nistelrooy only had to turn Sol and was then had a free run on goal before running over the rabbit in the headlights that is Stuart Taylor. That isn't to denigrate what was a great goal, but it wasn't that difficult either.

thewoodzez

kel varnsen said:
thewoodzez said:
gunner_down_under said:

bollocks. van nistelroy might be a diving c*nt, but he is extremely good on the ball. van nistelroy is ten times the player owen ever was or will be...

Just a guess but you're Dutch right ????

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Too many people here post their Football Manager transfer fantasies whoever Arsène buys I'm sure that person will be successful at the club unless it's another Cygan type player I wouldn't mind Owen but I not in a swap with Vieira involved that would be **** and besides Real have enough CM's already!
SWP would be a good addition aswell, Torres I'm not so sure yes he's a good player but after what happened with Reyes I don't really want to take the risk.

I do not get the feeling we will buy a keeper or defender though what if Sol and Toure stay fit? We always have Senderos to come in when he's needed plus who's going to buy Cygan now? We'll be left paying his wages while he plays for the reserves!
As for keeper the only way we'll get a top class keeper is if Lehmann leaves, Lehmann currently is our no. 1 and will be next season so I doubt any top class keeper would want to sit on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom