• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usheray

I also think its a crazy idea letting patrick Vieira go because paddy at his best , can be the best midfielder in the world against any midfielder you know. His play sort of matches the Zidane style play were both his legs right or left are very good on the ball and his technical ability is just fantastic. My verdict is i dont wanna see this guy leave i think he still have a lot from him, i still wanna see a lot from the ''collosus'' Partrick Vieira.

asajoseph

Established Member
efurze said:
Could AW be trying to bring Baptista in as Vieira's replacement? He's big and strong and started out as a DCM. Imagine having a DCM who can also score 20 a season.

As a DCM he won't score 20 a season. The guy's a far better striker than he was a midfielder, and although he can perhaps be called upon to fill in there in times of crisis, if we're spending 12-15 million on the guy he'll be bought in as a striker primarily.

jmd4211

Remember that last summer, Arsène came out and said that he had 2 or 3 'Plan B's' in case Vieira had gone. I suspect that Essien may have been one, but now that seems out of the question. that leaves 2, who presumably would still be available. I hope Mascherano may be one of them.

asajoseph

Established Member
Corinthians are involved with MSI, who are allegedly part run by Roman Abramovic. So chances are, Chelsea have first option on him now.

As for plan B, sod knows.

jmd4211

Dammit. Seem to be very strong stories going around about this this morning. I genuinely can't work out how I feel about it in football terms, just know that I am gutted that it seems we'll never sing his song again!

thegame24

Established Member
This is the dumbest thing ever.

Gerrard touted at 30 million, beckham went for 25 even ****ing veron went for 30

Vieira the best CM in the ****in world 10 million

what the ****. im more pissed off at the 10 million then i am at vieira goin but combine both and its a ****in kick in the teeth while we go signing people like hleb for the same ****in price. I dont care if he ends up being world class. AT this time Hleb and Vieira are not of equal value

the dawn raids

Established Member
the problem is finding a replacement, no Essien, Diarra just signed a new deal, Jenas has the talent but is still far from utilising it fully, Ballack will be extremely tough to get. not saying that Wenger doesnt have a plan here because im sure he does, but this seems like an awfully big gamlbe were taking. especially with the midfield short, as we havent even properly replaced Edu yet(Hleb is not that replecement).

asajoseph

Established Member
How old is Gerrard?

How old was Beckham?

What had Gerrard achieved in the season before he was rumoured to be leaving?

How much is David Beckham worth to a club in terms of revenue?

Was Vieira the best CM in the world last season?

Answer those questions and the dynamic of this transfer will become a little more clear...

dare29871

thegame24 said:
Vieira the best CM in the f*n world 10 million

That is entirely subjective. He wasn't close to being that last season, and that is all that matters.

Hleb is also approaching his prime, while i think Vieira is undoubtedly falling off his peak. Anyway i've read that the fee is £15M.

Who knows what the truth is.

thegame24

Established Member
I really cant believe this will go through

no way will a player like vieira go for that little

25 million last year what the **** now 10 million

has his body really ****ed up that much in 12 months?

gunner_down_under

seriously guys, the BS about him staying or going has become the biggest pain the arse for the past couple of seasons, and everytime we have to wait till the last ****in minute to confirm that he's staying!!.....and when he starts playing the first game, all i can hear is vieira oh oh horseshit.....he doesnt deserve it most of the time....people must respect players like henry more than vieira....

and like so many others have explained, i dont think he's irreplaceable, after his form for much of last season....

i say flog him for whatever above 12mill....because it's going to be less than half of that come january or next summer!

Soler

Established Member
Not believing yet - I'll wait till I see the picture before I really believe, but I guess it really is happening this time. Oh well.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I think if people listen to the gaffa more you will get your answers.

Pires and Vieira are not leaving.

Baptista is signing for us and we are picking up another player....i just hope this second player is a GK.

I have a question though: What was the name of the chap we were supposed to have signed from Roma (young kid - 18 or 19 y.o.) and we loaned him to a Sweedish club? From memory, we are getting him for nothing as he left Roma before becoming a professional....i cannot remember the name but if you know what I'm talking about can you update me as to whether this guy is joining our side....he was a CM from memory.

thanks if you can help.

asajoseph

Established Member
No.

Vieira must NOT be sold BECAUSE he will command a transfer fee. He must NOT be sold BECAUSE his transfer fee will be lower next summer. He will ONLY be sold IF Wenger thinks Vieira's departure can benefit the football team as a whole more than him staying (unless of course he demanded to leave, which this time doesn't seem to have happened).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom