• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soler

Established Member
I suppose we'd have to move Toure to sit there and effectively play three centre backs. We'd be ****ed.

dev_atdi said:
There's probably only a few players who could replace Big Pat at the end of the day...but I honestly can't see Wenger signing any of them.

Gattuso from Milan - he doesn't really do the whole Italian thing.
Gerrard - Staying with Liverpool, far too much money.
Davids (possibly) - Maybe should've got him a few seasons ago when he was at the top of his game, but I still can't see Wenger getting him now.

It's all a big mystery to be honest. Both the transfer and who exactly he'll be signing as a replacement. I'm not believing ANYTHING 'til I see it officially announced...

Wenger won't replace vieira with some big name, he's gonna either stick with what he's got and buy some back-up, or buy some unheard crap

Sorry for being blunt but thats how i feel

I know if PV4 wants to go then i don't begrudge him, its his career its his life
He's had a fantastic time at arsenal and won many trophies and im sure he will never forget that

I'd just be worried that were loosing a lot of experience and a player of the highest quality and were probably not gonna buy much to replace him

I feel another flop in the champions league already

Also if he was to leave don't you think now is the time?
I mean i can't see him taking us to ashburton grove and then leaving?
He is the captain

King_Henry_14

+ how will that help us against chelsea?

..............drogba / gudjohnson

duff/cole lampard makelele Geremi Robben

.................d e f e n c e

fuma75

if we lose Gilberto again, we can try this

-----------titi/baptista/RVP---------
--Reyes------Hleb------freddie-------
----------Flamini---Kolo-------

------d e f e n c e -------------

thegame24

Established Member
If vieira and pires both g just like overmars and petit we should realistically win **** all this season and come 3rd.

the bigger problem is if none of these unknows we sign dont buck up and make it the next year. At least Henry and Pires showed great quality before the double year this time though im not so confident.

Eg Reyes hasnt shown me that he is capable of going past anyone and assisting for our strikers.

Ratinho

Established Member
bernard_trollop_dollop said:
Wenger won't replace vieira with some big name, he's gonna either stick with what he's got and buy some back-up, or buy some unheard crap

Like Vieira?

And we were so succesful in it with Vieira.

Ratinho said:
bernard_trollop_dollop said:

Like Vieira?

ok so we are gonna be more succesfull without vieira?

we'll just stick in the crap we have

we won't even get past group stages i mean come on?!?!

jeeeeezz

are you actually an arsenal fan?

does the words Patrick Vieira mean nothing to you?

Ratinho

Established Member
Are you a complete *****? Engage brain before speaking.

Vieira has been one of the best things to happenm to Arsenal since Tony Adams. However, 'the crap we have'?? Won't get past the group stages? When players leave you move on, and we bring in new players to replace guys who've gone.

Maybe you should follow Vieira, not Arsenal, if you thinkn he's the only reason we've been able to even compete rcently. :roll:

Ratinho

Established Member
Soler said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=355787&in_page_id=1779

Not about Vieira, but about who could replace him. Thoughts, Ratinho?

Right mate, now i've got over the anger of having to respond to that utter tripe up there, i'll respond. ;)

Afaik, Pizzaro is on his way to Inter. Diarra ia still a possibility, but probably at around £10m now. Nasri is not even a consideration at this stage, not as a direct replacement anyway, and I don't believe M'Bami is good enough yet, but I wouldn't be too upset if we had a look at him.

.......and breathe. :D

mavi

we would be losing so many things if he goes... remember some premier league clubd are scared of him when he is in the middle

Ratinho

Established Member
mavi said:
we would be losing so many things if he goes... remember some premier league clubd are scared of him when he is in the middle

Y'know, I don't think the clubs that we need to be scared of him, actually are anymore, i.e. United, Chelsea, Liverpool.....

I don't think there is anything to suggest United are anymore, or have been for a while, put it that way.

Don't get me wrong, given the choice, i'd put this to bed now, give him a contract for life, and go back to our preperation. But he wants to move on too, so we have to.

A

Anonymous

hahahah i love hearing this. In the past i have backed up vieira 100% when people were saying that he should be sold in the summer, or that we should have sold him ot madrid on the verge of the transfer window, i just laughed... Now however when push comes to shove you guys are all crying and begging that he stays... You alll deserve it you all gave him so much **** that if he read this forum he would leave with 0% confidence. You all deserve what you get

Vieira has been one of the best things to happenm to Arsenal since Tony Adams

your twisted guy

vieira is a player that you build your team around, im not saying you cant move on without him but it will be very difficult
he's a leader for heavens sake and teflon in our midfied
you can't build a team around players like gilberto, cesc and flamini
1 day maybe
if you really think selling vieira is a positive move then thats pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom