• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football violence

patrick42uk

Established Member
a match last night between benfica and red star belgrade. it satrted when one fan invaded the pitch. the police chased him and caught him. one of the policemen started hitting him with his baton and that riled the crowd. there was then a pitch invasion and the policemen were attacked. at first i thought it was hilarious, then i saw a policeman on the pitch, unconcious. that didnt stop the fans continually kicking him in the head. it was one of the most shocking football related things i'v seen.

koivu

I saw that last night as well, just nasty stuff! The one guy took at least a few kicks in the head while totally out of it!

Sammer

Established Member
Not the first incident in this region, very nasty stuff - the violence potential within Balkan clubs seems to be extreme.

Definately not a good region to let a European Championship take place.

Arnie

Why don't these countries get charged by uefa!!!!!!!!!!! This is an outrage. England are the only ones who ever get punished. It's just like the crowd trouble in Rome. Where are Uefa then. Did turkey get punished heavily for the deaths of Leeds fans?? How about the flares they use all over the continent, i'm not an expert in combustion, but aren't they a fire hazard? Remember last season with Newcastle in the Uefa cup. The flames there were not under control.

I don't think Uefa ever had to move a tie away from England because of crowd trouble but they do that all the time a turkish team plays in Europe. Then again Uefa were too quick to ban every team in England from Europe when we were dominating their cup for 8 years.
I tell you Arsenal were next in line!!!

They hate us, it would be an absolute nightmare if an english team international or club could win som silverware cos they might have to butkiss us as much as they do on the continent.

A

Anonymous

It comes down to history, for decades england have been seen as the main hooligans, back in the day it used to be a huge thing for us to go abroad and show them what the english were made of. Now of course it is dieing in england, rarely any trouble at matches these days and anyone who is caught is severely delt with. Even though english hooliganism may be dieing other countries still have the myth that we are the causers of all trouble. That is why UEFA target us. Yes we still cause trouble but not as much as russian, german, dutch and mostly turkish teams/fans do. These are the worst countries now for hooliganism and crowd trouble, there trouble is just like ours of the 70's and 80's. Maybe UEFA should wake up and realise that its not just an english disease these days.
Ban these teams from europe, if it was england they would of.

Gooner_Milton

Balkan and former Soviet football teams are absolutely crazy.

Especially the Balkan ones. Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia etc. A lot of their fans are former miltants. Murderers and racists, the whole lot. Anybody remember a certain Predrag Mijatovic? Former Real Madrid player? Anyway the man's a self confessed Serbian nutjob and Slobodan Milosevic supporter.

Soler

Established Member
"In this country killing politicians is a sport" - Slobodan Milosevic.

"All we know is war and football" - Croatian FA President.

etc.

Sammer

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Yes we still cause trouble but not as much as russian, german, dutch and mostly turkish teams/fans do. These are the worst countries now for hooliganism and crowd trouble, there trouble is just like ours of the 70's and 80's. Maybe UEFA should wake up and realise that its not just an english disease these days.
Ban these teams from europe, if it was england they would of.

What are you talking about guvnor? As far as I remember, the english "fans" were the only ones causing trouble at the Euro 2004. No dutch, russian or german fans were involved in anything.

Get over that "us against the world" thing. Yes, Turkey is probably the worst country in terms of Hooliganism these days, but the english folks are still up for a good riot in international tournaments, aren´t they?

A

Anonymous

What are you talking about guvnor? As far as I remember, the english "fans" were the only ones causing trouble at the Euro 2004. No dutch, russian or german fans were involved in anything.

Get over that "us against the world" thing. Yes, Turkey is probably the worst country in terms of Hooliganism these days, but the english folks are still up for a good riot in international tournaments, aren´t they?
Missed my point fella, i wasnt talking about internationals so much as club teams. I also said yes england are still bad but not as much as previously. It may have just been england hooligans that was broadcast over the world, but seriously how much trouble was there? 1-2 incidents, only a few people arrested, not much really. Also some things that werent broadcast was germany and holland actually had alot of trouble between the 2 before and after their match against each other. I spoke to a mate who was there and he said it was worse than any trouble the english caused all tornament. As much as you might like to not admit it, the media does have a hate for the english and would prefer to cast us in a more negative light than countries that do just the same. I am not complaining as yes we bought it on ourselves, but the media are still very selective in what they show and who they slag off.
Back in the world cup in 98, i was in a pub with hundreds of england fans, when a couple of hundred argentineans decided to throw bottles and chairs through the window at us. After things kicked off and got stopped by the police 76 english fans and 7 argies were arrested, even though staff at the pub said the english were well behaved and provoked by a large group of argentineans. That is just an example of how everyone wants a pop at the english yet the media seem to ignore the other countries involved.

EIE

Sammer

Established Member
Ok, I see your point now. I agree with the press blowing everything english-hooligan-related out of proportion sometime, but it´s not really true to say that the Dutch and German fans are worse.

The english are still up for a riot as we have seen in Portugal, you can´t deny that. However, I agree with you in terms of the Balkan/Turkish hooligans being the most violent ones.

Its also why you see alot of the Serbian, Croat gangs have a St. George flag in thier own logo's as it was the birth of Hooliganism

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
maybe it was just me, but none of it would have happened if the stupid ****ing security guards (later attacked) didnt beat the crap out of the guy for running on the pitch with a sign.... i mean, does that really warrant a public beating??? no one mentions that..... sure, the violence was reprehensible, but the events that led to it we just as bad... the whole situation was totally unnecessary....

A

Anonymous

The thing about the flag is true, i saw an ajax game not long ago and they had flags with skull and crossbones and also lots of english flags. Other countries do parade the english flag as a sort of sign that they are hooligans, this is because it was the english that introduced hooliganism to them.
I know not all the germans and dutch are bad, but teams like ajax, psv, feyenoord and a few german clubs are actually far more up for any trouble than most english clubs these days. On the national stage it may be different but i know for a fact that germany and holland pull good numbers of hooligans for there matches, equal of what england can manage these days.
Turks are by far the worst, except they use macheties :lol:

gash

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that copper who got his was the very same copper who was laying into the bloke with a truncheon whilst he was been held down on the turf by the other coppers....

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom