• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Established Member
Hey, if he doesn't want to stay, let him hit the road. I imagine he'll actually be good for Valencia. Flamini has already made a pretty strong case for his position in midfield.

omdtm

Edu goes to Valencia

http://esportes.terra.com.br/futebol/eu ... 30,00.html

It is in a brazilian website, in portuguese, it will be hard for most understand, so I'll translate it.

Edu, former Corinthians and nowadays Arsenal's defensive midfielder has been signed by Valencia this Friday. According to the spanish website "Mundo Deportivo", he will go to the spanish club as soons as the current season is over and will earn 3 million euros per season.

The brazilian midfielder, who wished to go to Barcelona, decided Valencia over them after a meeting with Barcelona's coach, Frank Rijkaard and Edu's brother, who is his agent.

In their talk, Barcelona's coach told him that his main target for the position is Juve's Tacchinardi. Followed by his disillusionment as he got to know he would be Barça's second option, he then decided to sign with Valencia.

Well, it might not reflect the truth, but it is very likely to be, as this sports site is very respected here and wouldn't say something for sure if it were only speculation... I was even doubtful if I should post this message as a rumour...

Jinn

Established Member
He can pre-sign in January. This looks like media bollocks to me, although I am pretty sure Edu will be leaving.

AFCG7

Established Member
Lets hope Wenger gives him a game before he leaves so the fans can give him a proper "**** off"!

arsenal4life

what's the problem if he signs a contract written on it 1/1/2005 while it was signed actually in 25/12/2004

i think this tricks is well known

jmd4211

Edu's Departure??

How can someone be this stupid? After everything this club has given him, and having seen whats happened to those who have made this mistake before (Petit, Overmars, Anelka etc....), what does he really think he will achieve in Valencia, that he wouldnt achieve at the home of the unbeaten champions, other than a few extra quid?

A very strange one methinks

informed1

more money? regular place? bit more spotlight? stability? better family life?

who knows....I think its a combination of things including the emergence of young talents. He has a family he has to think about its future and when arsenal achieve all those great things will his name really be in the thick of it as a main contributor...I dont think so

Split

Let's be honest here, Edu's likely decision to move to Spain isn't 'very strange' at all.

take a look at the facts:

1. He won't by any means be guarenteed regular 1st team footy at Arsenal (Vieira & Gilberto have always been prefered and now with the emergence of Cesc and Flamini...)

2. His contract is running out - he will be able to make significantly more money if he moves on.

3. Spain is a very attractive place to live for Edu, being Brazilian - the language, culture and weather are much more 'up his street'

4. His options of clubs appears to be Real Madrid, Barcelona & Valencia - the top 3 clubs in Spain! all with arguably just as good chance of winning the CL as Arsenal.

5. He's already won the Premiership & FA cup in England, so he has already satisfied the ambitions he would have had when he first came to Arsenal.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Good post Split - may as well lock the thread now! :D

jmd4211 - I think one difference between the players you mentioned and Edu is that they were first team regulars. Apart from the odd run Edu never has been and never will be first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom