• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmd4211

I've watched Valencia a bit, and there's no way Edu is at the standard of Albelda and Baraja.

Edu has never fully convinced me that he's true Arsenal class, and I don't think that he'll fare any better in Spain with any of the clubs who are supposed to be interested.

MightyArsenal

I disagree, baraja has been pants for more than a year. I also feel edu will be suited more to spanish football. The game that he shone in most was the celta vigo match and that was aspanish team. He will get more time on the ball to make those great through balls.

siddharth

jmd4211 said:
I've watched Valencia a bit, and there's no way Edu is at the standard of Albelda and Baraja.

Edu has never fully convinced me that he's true Arsenal class, and I don't think that he'll fare any better in Spain with any of the clubs who are supposed to be interested.

I agree Edu is not on level with Albelda and Baraja but he is a very good player and the spanish league will suit him very well. That said i have a feeling that Real Madrid are going to sign David Albelda in the summer which is why valencia are going for him. I remember madrid making an enquiry for Albelda when the vieira deal fell through. :D

I hope he turns out a success at valencia.

beyondforever

looks like his head is getting bigger and bigger. he is just like overmars, petit and anelka. all forgetting who make them famous and sought after by big clubs. all forgetting who make them the player they are today. it's Arsène wenger. they are just a bunch of ungrateful people. if he's really leaving then edu is an ungrateful person

mood

I agree with that post of Edu being able to play better in Spain. That's right, that performance of his came in the CL. And he always did better in slower, more technical games than the more rough, fast EPL games. English football never really suited him although he did have a few good games last season.

If it werent for the emergence of Cesc and Flamini, I would've wanted him in the club. He's probably 5th choice now, but will be prefered as 3rd due to his experience.

fuzz

i can't believe we are actually letting him go. I mean apart from vieira he is our best central midfielder and last season he proved that. Gilberto is far to weak at times and does create as much as edu does. Flamini has still got a long way to go to being a first choice and cesc is still seventeen, the only reason he is in the team is because of major injuries, that's not to say he hasn't coped admirably, but he won't be pushing for the spot next to vieira for another 3 years atleat, he still far too small.

Edu is by far and away our number two. He's got a great work ethic and keeps play flowing nicely whilst chipping in with goals and tackles. The very fact teams like barca, rael and valencia all want him, must say something about his quality.

the dawn raids

Established Member
beyondforever said:
looks like his head is getting bigger and bigger. he is just like overmars, petit and anelka. all forgetting who make them famous and sought after by big clubs. all forgetting who make them the player they are today. it's Arsène wenger. they are just a bunch of ungrateful people. if he's really leaving then edu is an ungrateful person

happens with every club though not just ours. everyone's after that big pay day.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
fuzz said:
i can't believe we are actually letting him go. I mean apart from vieira he is our best central midfielder and last season he proved that. Gilberto is far to weak at times and does create as much as edu does. Flamini has still got a long way to go to being a first choice and cesc is still seventeen, the only reason he is in the team is because of major injuries, that's not to say he hasn't coped admirably, but he won't be pushing for the spot next to vieira for another 3 years atleat, he still far too small.

Edu is by far and away our number two. He's got a great work ethic and keeps play flowing nicely whilst chipping in with goals and tackles. The very fact teams like barca, rael and valencia all want him, must say something about his quality.

Gilberto is head and shoulders above Edu as a player.

Bader

Gilberto is better than Edu ....if Edu wanna move then bye bye ... but the sad thing we will not get any money from his move ! :(

patrick42uk

Established Member
at the end of the day though, if any of us were lucky enough to be in his position, we'd try to make the most of it. he's only doing the human thing by trying to improve his wages.

goonerlove

Lets not slate him too much... he was a good Arsenal player but perhaps doesn't bleed Arsenal - not everyone does.

I wish him well... I just hope if he does leave, we get something for him. I didn't realize we spent 6 million pounds on him... he wasn't cheap.

Goonerlove

omdtm

He is no Gooner... He is a goner...

Bad joke, anyway... It´s true that he doesn´t bleed Arsenal... Then all he really cares for is money...

Chicago

Edu Eduardo Cesar Daude Gaspar(no wonder he just goes by Edu) is probably interested in more than just money. He probably wants to be one of the more prominent players on the team and that simply would never be the case at Arsenal. He wants to be starting XI consistently, and he's what, 26? Some say he'd prefer the spanish style of play but then why would he consider ManU(at least that's what one of the articles said). But whatever, the ball is in his court, if he wants to leave the best club in Europe just so he can be a consistent starter, that's his choice

Clarkey

Did we pay any money for Fabregas or Flamini transfer wise? Do the maths we are getting the better deal in my opinion.

koivu

Nice post, Split.

I can't blame Edu for wanting to play football can we...if he wants to stay in the Brazil team he needs to be playing. Being a squad player isn't good enough for him and I certainly can't blame him.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Clarkey said:
Did we pay any money for Fabregas or Flamini transfer wise? Do the maths we are getting the better deal in my opinion.
We did have to pay 1 or 2 million for Fabregas in compensation (technically we let them off their debt owed to us for Overmars) and we also had to pay compensation for Flamini. In the end we got the better deal but the fact reamains we did have to pay some sort of money to both clubs.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I thought we let Barcelona have van Bronckhorst for a small fee as a sweetner for the Cesc deal? Anyway today's Express says that Edu will sign a pre-contract agreement with Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom