• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamilih

koivu said:
Nice post, Split.

I can't blame Edu for wanting to play football can we...if he wants to stay in the Brazil team he needs to be playing. Being a squad player isn't good enough for him and I certainly can't blame him.

I can't blame him for wanting a first team spot. His entry into the Brazilian national team was delayed due to his lack of first team appearance. And he did well in the international games.

Yes, it is best for him and not too much of a loss for us.

A

Anonymous

gilberto is much better than edu at international level aswell. he played every minute of the world cup which showed how important he was to brazil.
when arsenal wos going through their bad patch in november we missed gilberto, cos he clears the mess up for us. hes always there getting the clearences and the headers. all edu does is ponce around thinkin hes ronaldinho, jus a pity we aint gonna get no money for him.

Jinn

Established Member
This thread is not a Edu v Gilberto debate. Any more posts saying that one is better than the other, and this will be locked.

deki9188

Does it say anything on his personal website?? There were reports on GOAL.com that he signed for Valencia but will move in the summer. Wish we got some money for him though!!!

If you think about it he never really played that good for us, apart from the Celta Vigo game. I think Gilberto is better than him, and that if we wanted an Edu we should have got the one from CElta Vigo, now at BEtis. Hes scoring a few goals for them aswell.

arsenal98

Edu off claim Sky and Valencia

Well, well, pre-contract perhaps agreed....what now AW ?

M A S C H E R A N O ! ! ! !

I´ve said it every time I´ve posted. Imagine 2 Vieiras in CM (I hope PV will play to his ability soon otherwise we don´t need even one of em) + cesc + pires and freddie (5 across MF) with TH alone upfront.....We´d be magic !!!

Please, just do it.............

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Art ... ?id=247984

bank8

but i think It just day dreaming!
not possible for wenger to sign new player as soon.
[he always confirm its....:( ]
and i don't ever seen mascherano played before.
how you confident he better than cesc or gilberto??
CM is only game . but in reality.. it more than.
then important thing is Argentile player don't ever play very well
when he played for premiere ship team such as
veron for man utd or crespo for chelsea ...

koivu

He has given his word to Valencia...does that mean anything in this day and age in sport?

n_henry

In the summer.. so we'll have him for the rest of the season?

Big shame he'll leave for nothing.. :(

Clarkey

Arsène certainly did. He is fully against the rule as rightly he feels that it means the player does not fulfil his current contract, concentrating on saving himself from injury etc at his new club. So if this is true, Edu will be isolated and no doubt Wenger will bring in a replacement now maybe the lad Bodmer if his price doesn't soar.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No surprise there really. I doubt Barca or Madrid were interested in him anyway as he's a very average player, it was probably just his agent hyping it all up. Besides, Barca had a 15 man shortlist containing all the players they are interested in and they made it very clear that Edu was not on that list.

I dont reckon we'll miss him that much and i'd just love to have Mascherano replace him. My only concern, however, is that Mascherano would cost a lot of money and that would possibly mean we'r out of the running for Bojinov or Ramos - 2 youngsters that imo would set the premiership on fire.

Either way, i'm glad Edu has gone as there's no room for people like him at this club.

I thought Arsène said he won't play him if he signs a pre-contract

Yea he said if he's not 100% committted to Arsenal then there is no point in playing him.

n_henry

How much would Mascherano cost? I think I remember reading something that quoted 6mil, but that sounds like wishful thinking on my part more than anything else. ;)

Mascherano would be good, but I'd also like to see a proven, experienced midfielder. Graveson would good I think...

Ratinho

Established Member
Why would £6m be wishful thinking?

People have to get out of this 'Chelsea/8 years ago' transfer market thinking. I would think about £6m for a young central midfielder from River, highly rated or not, would be a good price on both sides.

goonerlove

The worst thing about this is that we lose him on Bosman...

Its tricky business and you certainly have to say that AW is shrewd when you look at his business IN TOTAL, but this is one on the loss column, sadly.

With Vieira, Gilberto, Cesc, and Flamini we are still reasonably well-covered, as long as Gilberto gets back to health. If Vieira doesn't find peak form, we aren't going to win the prem. this year anyways.

With Gilberto out, it somewhat forces AW's hand - if he can't use Edu (or won't), he is going to have to get some more depth as cover for Gilberto's health - plus Cesc and Flamini are still very young.

Now I hope we figure things out with Lauren, JP, et al... either sell them or sign them... lets not give away any quality freebies AW...

Goonerlove

the dawn raids

Established Member
meh; im not too bothered. the only concern I have now is that we are going to have to bring someone in for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom