• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger Hints at Contract Renewal

Sigun

quoted by wenger, just reported on sky sports....
no link yet

this really comes at no suprise considering his current contracts ends at the end of this season, and im sure he will wanna be there whe "The Grove" opens.

This just squahes any doubts people had about his future and MAY add stability to Vieira's future....

Alexone234

I think that if Vieira is teetering on the edge of a move, Wenger stating he will sign may help.

But to be honest, Wenger is an honourable man and if he were going to move he would have said so.

Kyla

I heard that interview on talksport- same old quotes rehashed for a positive spin. Makes me feel a little better tho. Wenger staying is more important than anything else.

Alexone234

The quote is

"I see no problems with staying beyond the end of my contract. The confidence about it is so good that we don't even talk about the contract"

It can also be said that Wenger stated he will sit down in October and sort it our.

Marinello

Have there ever been a question about Wenger staying? Not in my mind. Too many people see ghosts all over the place!!

Please, relax. Nobody leaves. Not Wenger, not Sol, not Edu, not Henry, not Pires....nobody. Not even Vieira, no matter what Arseblogger and Myles Palmer think they know - they hear something and concludes to quick.

Just a scenario; you live in London and on your way back from holiday in the US you stop by to get some things before you go to take your last days off in your native France. Because you will leave directly from France to meet up with your team at their trainingcamp in Austria you also collect some things in your locker and have a quick meeting with your agent telling him to ignore all the speculation in the press.

Whats the most absurd scenario this or what everybody keeps thinking; "he's gone and all is going to hell"?

Vieira stays. There is not one single piece of information that says he is leaving. Nothing at all.

So. relax and enjoy your day! :D

calvinngai88

Everyone knows Wenger will stay. No doubt about that. Was happy to hear that he'll sign a new contract, reportedly in October.

Top Bottom