• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jermaine Pennant (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n_henry

Ah, this is all just getting crazy. Silly season indeed.

I hope we keep him. He's got great promise, and he's English, which (with all due respect to our foreigners) is somewhat refreshing. :?

siddharth

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
I would never accept a 2 million offer for pennant

Pennant is in his last year of contract so 2m is a good amount for him provided ofcourse wenger thought he wasn't good enough for us. Wenger sees potential in him and that's why he'll b a given a chance this season. :)

But on the other side if pennant did fail to make it we'll b losing him for free next summer. :roll:

calvinngai88

I'm sure Pennant will sign a new contract soon once after all pre-season games have ended. Pennant played in almost ALL the games in the absence of Ljungberg's Euro rest. He even subbed in Ljungberg in Ajax game. This means that it's either Ljungberg/Pennant for the MR position. If Ljungberg can't make it for any particular game, Pennant will be the direct replacement. Thus, I don't think Wenger will sell him, not 2million please! Pennant's worth much more.

calvinngai88

I doubt Gilberto will the play MR anymore. Ljungberg was injured. Pennant was on loan at Leeds. Parlour was injured, I think. Therefore, Gilberto was drafted in. But not anymore.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Villa linked with move for Pennant

Aston Villa boss David O'Leary is plotting a raid for Arsenal midfielder Jermaine Pennant (The People).

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
They've got Solano out on the right. Do they really need Pennant?
Solano can play in the centre. Also I am actually getting worried for Pennant as he isn't even on the bench. Not sure if he will get another deal. Granted Freddie has been playing his socks off, at least he could have been on the bench.

siddharth

I have got a feeling that Wenger wants Shaun Wright Phillips and rates him highly than pennant . I'm not against signing SWP but pennant should be given the chance to prove himself.

That said SWP is awsome simply amazing. City are an one man army TBH. :D

Chips&CurrySauce

I also would like to see Pennant given a chance but if he goes SWP is the man I want. He has impressed me more and more, his pace is electric, he is tough, never neglects his defncive duties and he is a mtach winner. What I also like is that he is not afraid to shoot, and he has a wicked shot with both his feet....

Sammer

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
I also would like to see Pennant given a chance but if he goes SWP is the man I want. He has impressed me more and more, his pace is electric, he is tough, never neglects his defncive duties and he is a mtach winner. What I also like is that he is not afraid to shoot, and he has a wicked shot with both his feet....

....sounds like he would be the perfect player considering our current state :D

A

Anonymous

''Good thing Man City aren't in debt.

Wouldn't mind seeing the midget in a year or two away, but not now.
Why would AW want to give JP away AGAIN? He's far too talented to leave.
If SWP ever does arrive, JP should rotate to striker aswell as winger.'' - Kristian/21

Clarkey

Pennant I feel deserves a shot in the Bergkamp role. Hes likes to drift in from the wing into that position and has showed on the ocassions he has been given a shot his good range of passing from that central position. Pires hasn't worked there, Reyes doesn't seem to be fitting at current, Ljungberg is playing too well on the right so give Pennant a crack there.

Canuck

Established Member
JP certainly deserves some more first team action then he's getting now. I wouldn't be suprised if Villa do their best to nab him. He'd be an asset to their team for sure. But I seriously hope he stays and finally establishes himself as a contender for a first team start.

A

Anonymous

if Pennant doesnt starts against Brum then for sure he is going...Reyes, Pires are at the worst form since joining so if he cant get a game now he never will

Clarkey

RVP seems to be ahead of Pennant on Wengers agenda so thats not the greatest analaysis.....plus the fact that Pennant plays on the right not the left where Ljungberg is really working hard. The best thing going for JP is the fact Wenger did not get Angulo. The bad thing is that as Pennant's not being used Wenger could possibily be going for a right midfielder come striker in January aka Angulo.

patrick42uk

Established Member
evening standard are reporting it. reckon one million will be enough for wenger to sell. wont be too surprsied if this happens as i know for a fact o'leary has drawn up a shortlist of 'realistic' targets for janaury. pennant would certainly fall under tha category.

Clarkey

Heres what JP has said on the matter, hes leaving it open in reality although Sky are painting it as its his indication hes staying....

"I am fully focused on trying to win a new contract at Arsenal.

"The way I look at it is that I've got until the end of this season to convince the manager to offer me a new deal.

"There will always be speculation but I am determined to be a part of things here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom