• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jermaine Pennant (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stim

I would be a bit disappointed if we sold him without giving him a real run of games..

sharpgunner

dun let pennant go

i will be really disappointed if pennant is allowed to leave. I think the guy will really make it big if he is given a chance. He has alreadi proven himself at leeds. I dunno wat it takes for wenger to give him a chance. He certainly looks like he can do the job better than ljunberg given that he may not score more goals. but he can help to create more!!!

Rocafella

Established Member
I think he is already or has the potential to be a goal getter. Remember the 6-1 thrashing of S'oton where he got his first ever premiership start and grabbed himself a hat-trick. It would be a shame if he left without getting a good run of games. He didn't do too badly at Leeds in what was a struggling team

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Clarkey said:
Heres what JP has said on the matter, hes leaving it open in reality although Sky are painting it as its his indication hes staying....

"I am fully focused on trying to win a new contract at Arsenal.

"The way I look at it is that I've got until the end of this season to convince the manager to offer me a new deal.

"There will always be speculation but I am determined to be a part of things here.
Umm... He is stating he wants to stay. Where does he say he keeping his options open? He said he is fighting for his place and a contract so what more do you want him to say?

Asterix

Established Member
I think he has promise but it's interesting that Wenger hasn't used him much. Wenger has shown he's happy to give youth a go if he feels they're up to it - Cesc for instance - but Pennant hasn't had much of a run. So what does that say?

Still, we need him for squad depth as much as anything. Good luck to him.

Clarkey

*Loyan* said:
Clarkey said:
Heres what JP has said on the matter, hes leaving it open in reality although Sky are painting it as its his indication hes staying....

"I am fully focused on trying to win a new contract at Arsenal.

"The way I look at it is that I've got until the end of this season to convince the manager to offer me a new deal.

"There will always be speculation but I am determined to be a part of things here.
Umm... He is stating he wants to stay. Where does he say he keeping his options open? He said he is fighting for his place and a contract so what more do you want him to say?

What I meant was his options are still open for next season.

zodos

Unfortunately guys I would have to disagree. Remember we believed in him enough to pay Notts County £2 million (a record for a 15 yr old). The fact is that he has not lived up to expectations. Yes, he has the occasional good game, but is not good enough to replace Freddie. At the beginning of the season, I was rooting for him to replace Freddie and Wenger did give him a chance, but he didn't grab it.

We need him as a cover for Freddie, but if we are going to get someone else like Shaun WP, then I would be happy to see him leave.

My fear is that we keep selling our "cover" players and then start scouting the world for replacements - Richard Wright, Matt Upson and Votz come to mind!

KingReyes

Established Member
Jermaine Pennant

I had no idea we would be getting compensation for Pennant which looks likely that he's off to Brum. Anyways at least its better than nothing and will add to our kitty. :wink:

<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=265592&cpid=8&CLID=14&lid=&title=BLUES+EYE+DOUBLE+DEAL&channel=Football_Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... tball_Home</a>

asajoseph

Established Member
Yeah, I saw this. No idea why we're getting cash in this deal either, but if someone offers 3 mil for him, I'd bite their hand off!

asajoseph

Established Member
Re: 3 million for Pennant?

turtle said:
KingReyes said:
I had no idea we would be getting compensation for Pennant which looks likely that he's off to Brum. Anyways at least its better than nothing and will add to our kitty. :wink:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... tball_Home

I think it's not compensation, it's Pennant's wage they are talking about. We get nothing.

No it's not.

Blues have revealed they are close to finalising a £3 million fee for Pennant with Arsenal

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he's only in jail for another month or so... (they will let him out early).. but I just can't see anyone paying $3 million for a player who is out of contract in the summer... unless they think that someoone else will snap him up before they do...

Its compenstion as he is a young play (under 23), the same thing will happen if someone trys to buy a young player like routledge who is out of contract. It prevents young players running out there contract and moving for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom