• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alliadere

JMICA

"For me, Tavlaridis and Clichy were also excellent, albeit I remain unconvinced that Aliadiere can make it at the highest level."

This is what Chris Parry had to say on Alliadere. I don't think this is a fair comment. I have been impressed with this youngster. He seems to have an old head on his young shoulders. i am sure he will be a big hit at Arsenal

Double_H

Established Member
i only saw him on one match Aginst LiverPool I DIDNT like him at that match
but the Guys here say He is Great so ill wait and see

oh and i saw him when we Trashed Inter :D

nnn

Seen all his first team games, few reserves, he needs to bulk up, looks just as good as anelka did at this point in 97/98 though.

thegame24

Established Member
stathis done some great tackles but he also made to many mistakes. he needs a lot more experiance to play against someone like vieiri or rvn.

ali i dont feel he is a threat away from home. maybe at highbury with the quality around him he could do some dmage, but away not sure. so i dont think ali is ready.

bentley first time i saw full match and whoever said hes the next bergkamp needs a brain check, every pass he made was way off, maybe thats because he always went for the hardest pass, but still. only thing to defend him is that whole team was quite poor so maybe i need to see him play again.

clichy seems a very good player.

stack good goalie.

cesc, too young so i wont even coment

Superdudes

what ya mean too young thus cannot comment.. in football, when you are good, there's no age limit.. clubs don't ignore wonderkids even if they are too young.. this is the most stupidest comments i have ever heard..

thegame24

Established Member
16 years old IS WAY too young especially for a CM.

vieira or keane would destroy him in every department as would edu gilberto parlour davids any decent mid.

same with freddie adu, i dont care how good he is i wouldnt want him in my team yet cause he is too young he would be punished by the likes of nesta or campbell.

Also the injurys they will be getting is way too much especially in the english league.

the youngest player id have in my team would be 18 years old and thats if they are quality.

A

Anonymous

Ali is 20 now, maybe even 21.

Look at players like Reyes and Joaquin for example. These are known as wonderkids and are regulars with their clubs and national teams. They also both command transfer values for 20 mill+. Ali is a long way of being close to this.

Also look at Henry and Anelka. They were regulars at their clubs and national teams at Ali's age. Again he is a long way of this.

He is a good prospect, but i to remain unconvinced by him.

7CHP

Ive never doubted the future of young Jeremie, and after seen him against Liverpool, Inter and now WBA, and the goals against Wolves Im convinced that he can make it to the big stage. Wenger plays him smart, giving him small pieces of the pie at the time, creating a hungry, lean mean strikeforcemachine!

The way he was treated at West Brom did him no favours, big strong very English-type defenders, but he came out on top of the game, he scored a goal! That what matters the most!

After Sylvain Wiltord unevitable exodus come january (good riddance), and Kanus future in doubt there will be more and more chances for our young poker, and I'm sure he will show the wait worth it!

Aliadiere is one of the future gunners!

Anders Limpar

Ali have had some misfortunes with injury which has slowed his progress down, but I'm confident AW knows what he's got in Ali...

A

Anonymous

maybe Wenger should loan him out for experience in first team action.

he is not getting that at Arsenal

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
Ali is 20 now, maybe even 21.

Look at players like Reyes and Joaquin for example. These are known as wonderkids and are regulars with their clubs and national teams. They also both command transfer values for 20 mill+. Ali is a long way of being close to this.

Also look at Henry and Anelka. They were regulars at their clubs and national teams at Ali's age. Again he is a long way of this.

He is a good prospect, but i to remain unconvinced by him.

Those players you have listed were physically ready at a young age. Look at for example, Rooney at 17 he is very strong and ready. Wenger commented on this, Ali is good but not physically ready yet. Players like Henry and Anelka matured physically when they were young. Ali needs to bulk up abit and he will do fine.

Alexone234

Ali is a good player, but until he fills out a bit I can't see him bagging too many goals in the EPL. By 22 I think he will be a first team regular.

Anyone else remember Anelka's debut up at Derby? Was he just 19 then? someone must know. I think he came on after about 20 minutes. My brother turned to me at half time and said he didn't see what all the fuss was about "no ball control, no passing ability and no pace"

In the second half I think we came from behind to win 3-1, and Anelka did all the destroying - he was absolutely awesome. My brother was eating humble pie for weeks, which is a rare and wonderful thing. NA then wasn't fitting into such a good team as Ali is now, but still I am relying on what everybody says rather than the evidence of my own eyes that he has REALLY got it.

A few more goals like the second Wolves one though, and I will certainly believe it.

Adam

Established Member
Everyone expects Aliadiere to fill out. It would be understandable if they expected Cesc too (he is 16), but at the age 20/21 your growth plates have essentially acheived closure.

He will need more gym work. Some protein drinks, and a good routine will get him there. But would it be at the detriment of his nippy movement - i don't know.

I see him being a better player in a more technical league like Spain. England demands physical strength, and most of the succesfull strikers of the last ten years have had that - even Bergkamp has great strength.

The thing is that Henry will do alot of work for him. The real chance when we can analyse him is when we are playing at home and are predominantly on the front foot. Then we will be able to see what he can bring to a flowing Wengerball game.

JGooner

Whether Aliadiere makes it or not depends only on one thing - physical development. The same goes for Cesc and Bentley. There don't seem to be any doubts about the actual ability of these guys. It is worrying that Aliadiere still hasn't bulked up but this is probably due to the huge amount of time he has lost through injury. He needs to develop but it is not essential to be a powerhouse to be a top striker in the prem - ask Michael Owen.

jeremiesgirl

Well as I've said on many other topics where Ali has been discussed, he is a potential superstar in the making, he WILL follow in Henry's footsteps. Wenger has faith in him and yes it will take time before Ali reaches the top level but he is extremely talented, and willing and very dedicated to learn. You do not hear Ali complaining publicly about being kept on the bench, he is focussed in the job he does and getting better by the day.

I have been fortunate enough to have seen quite a few of Ali's games, from when he first came over to England and he is getting stronger and can look after himself better. He wont be some pushover, he just needs the treatment Henry used to get in training when he was "knocked" about by Keown - it toughned him up and look at him now!

I agree Ali does need to bulk up but this will come in time and remember he was out most of the season with his hernia injury so he had been taking things slowly.

His performances in the Carling Cup have been fantastic, he's shown us what he's capable of and the more first team appearances he has, the more his confidence will grow. And what about the wonderful assist to Pires in the Champions League :angel

Ali -definitely out future star - we do NOT need a new striker :D

JGooner

woah, calm down jeremie's girl. i agree that aliadiere is a real talent who only has to overcome the physical thing to become a star but that doesn't mean that we don't need a new striker. it is possible that we will lose FOUR strikers this summer (jeffers, wilturd, bergkamp, kanu). Even if Bergkamp stays, we'll probably lose three. That leaves Henry and several youngsters who - however talented - are unproven (bentley, aliadiere, pap, karbassiyoon). This is not enough and Wenger understands this, which is why he is chasing at least one (but possibly two, given his remarks at the AGM) new striker.

JGooner

This is from arseblog's report on the agm, dated October 3 2003:

There were also reports of Wenger raising an eyebrow when Philippe Mexes name was mentioned. Most interesting though was the boss's straight out admittance that he was looking to bring new players in during the January transfer window. "I will definitely be buying players and signing out-of-contract players. We need two forwards at least and new players will give us the final push for the season."

He also said that Aliadiere would get his chance "sooner than you think" and, a few days later, he started against Liverpool.

Top Bottom