• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool v Celtic

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Liverpool 5-1 Celtic

ok, i know the score was 5-1, and it wasnt even that close, but was it me or did Celtic look to be about 1/4 the team they were last year? Larsson couldnt have meant THAT much to that team, could he?

having said that, 'Pool looked decent... Riise, Owen, Henchoz, Cisse (2) scored.... Cisse looked good... scored 2 and hit the post on his first touch of the match (came on as a HT sub) Baros looked OK as well....... Pongolle (sp?) looked quite lively too... kind of like a less-talented Ronaldinho.....

of course, we have to take into consideration the opposition.. (Celtic were utterly horrible) Poor Celtic, they have played 4 matched in the USA between last year and this year, and have been scored on 14 times....apparently they like the comforts ofScotland a little better.... (colder weather).....

liam346

good result that means little or nothing, having said that better to win 5-1 than lose 5-1..............

Realwood

Cisse could have had 4 goals tonight easy, Celtic is terrible but Pool looked really good. The combination of Baros, Cisse and Owen could be deadly this year.

But than again, Celtic is absolute rubbish. :shock:

liam346

i read the reports and am quitely encouraged that pass n move seems to be back in vogue at Anfield.................a welcome return.Queitly optimistic but happy with the result, i suspect he has a few players lined up yet though now Chelsea are almost spent up, the rest can now go out and pay

DOls

I only saw the first half, but I was very impressed with goals from Riise's free kick and Owen's chip.
Pool did look good, but I was wondering myself if Larsson was such an important player for Celtic. Watched them a little bit against Chelsea and they were lost. Didn't create many chances to score either.

stevieboy2k

Delighted with the result but i dont want to read to much into it with it only being pre-season. There are alot of positive signs coming from Anfield and theres a definate change in style, as was evident from the way we played last week at Wrexham. The way we warmed up has changed aswell, with Rafa having the players do ball work as opposed to just stretches and running.

We've added Josemi to the squad who by all accounts is a tough,solid player and hopefully he'll do well for us. I still think Rafa has got an ace or two up his sleeve and wouldnt be surprised at all to see us sign another centre back and right midfielder.

Oh and all watch out for Igor Biscan this season, he'll have a good season. :D

Adam

Established Member
One player i want to do well for Liverpool (rare occurence) is Cisse. I have tracked him for a long time, and hoped Arsenal would make a move. I admire his athleticism. Toure will have a great battle with him this season.

brianfrance

Established Member
Crazy post of the July 27th :lol:

Luyindula is transfered to Chelsea
Trez is transfered to Newcastle

End of 04/05 season, EPL top scorers
1° Henry (Arsenal) 30 Goals
2° Cissé (Liverpool) Saha (MU) Luyindula (Chelski) Trez (Newcastle) 25 goals

WHO WOULD PARTNER HENRY UPFRONT FOR FRANCE ? :eek: :p :lol:

Arnie

Toure will have a great battle with him this season.

After he swatted owen off the ball like a fly at Anfield, he needs some competion when he gets there next time

stevieboy2k

The games on sky channel 430 now if anyone wants to watch. Been very impressed so far with the passing and movement but Celtic look very poor.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool certainly now have what it takes to compete with united, chelsea and ourselves.

The Cisse and Owen partnership will be lethal next season and Baros is clearly quality when given the chance as he proved in euro 2004.

With one of the best managers in europe in Benitez guiding them i think they'll be a bigger threat than man united next season - they'v always had a great team individually but never really stood a chance with Houllier in charge.

We better watch out for them next season. IMO its going to be a 4 hourse race next season.

arabarse94

keep in mind celtic havent bought anyone, don't have the riches of the prem clubs and played chelsea in 100degree heat just 2 days b4 on the otherside of america and play united 2night so will prolly be another humping...also o'neill didnt travel with the team and is joining up for these last 2 games. in saying all that though liverpool looked good.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, celtic havent bought anyone, but their "big time" players that are left (Sutton, Lennon, Hartson, Thompson) all played like they didnt even want to be there.... it was utterly disgusting for the Celtic fans that were there.... they didnt even look like they were trying.... the only player that showed any interest was Beattie......

Top Bottom