• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Overmars wants Arsenal return

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
MARC OVERMARS hopes to make a surprise return to Arsenal after being forced to retire because of a knee injury, writes ANDREW DILLON.
The Dutch winger, 31, wants to help his old club recruit the next generation of champions as a scout.
Overmars won the Double with the Gunners in 1998 before joining Barcelona for £25million.
He said: “When I left Arsenal, they said I could always come back to work for them as a scout.
“If the offer is still open, I would love to take them up on it.”
Highbury chief Arsène Wenger said: “I am really sad to hear that Marc has been forced to retire.
“He’ll never be forgotten as a result of his contribution to our Double.”

Source: The Sun

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great news ! I would have preferred to see him make a return as a coach but apparently being a scout interests him more.

Fantastic news.

Sigun

he can be a scout/coach....It would be great for him to take van Persie and reyes under his wing

zerofeel

yeah id rather see them talented dutch kids go to arsenal than being lured by the monehs of the ROMAN empire....its all a lie ....only at Arsenal do they really become world class players ...

Mark

Established Member
He'd be very useful for bringing in Dutch talent, while we can blend them with the African talent we keep bringing in. If that works out we'll have a very nice looking team. Sign him on, I say.

CMS

well well well.......

lost son comes back, though i ld rather prefer bergkamp as being scout after he retires, prolly after this season.......

and vieira should take that example, none loyal arsenal players going to spain, won t be as good anymore......

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
CMS said:
lost son comes back, though i ld rather prefer bergkamp as being scout after he retires, prolly after this season.....

Imagine Bergkamp as Arsenal manager and Overmars as his assistant. :wink:

calvinngai88

I'll have Wenger's daughter to be Arsenal's manager in years to come. By the way, she's only.. 5-6 years old? Or did I remember wrongly :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom