• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is Hoyte the real deal.

kel varnsen

Established Member
so; what du you guys think of hoyte now? a few months have passed and i'm sticking to my original opinion. i don't think hoyte is good enough. not as quick as he was supposed to be and he's too careful. i would like to see him going forward a lot more...

A

Anonymous

kel varnsen said:
so; what du you guys think of hoyte now? a few months have passed and i'm sticking to my original opinion. i don't think hoyte is good enough. not as quick as he was supposed to be and he's too careful. i would like to see him going forward a lot more...
Agreed.

And I was at the Amsterdam tournement.
He was also bad then. Very slow to react and also unaware.

All that ''pace'' for nothing.

Gooner83

He looks better going forward than defending... very shakey and makes silly tackles near the box, also against norwich the penalty he gave away.

He has good on the ball skills though, so hes definately good enough for the team in the coming years.

Chips&CurrySauce

I'm not sure about Hoyte either. So many people have mentioned his main asset is his pace, but I haven't really seen anything to show me this. Last night he was skinned a couple of times by Kleberson and he isn't exactly electric. Now Clichy and Smith, they are fast!

sabret00the

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
agreed his instincts are terrible, he punts everything into the sidelines and never looks up before passing, his link up with Pennant was disasterous simply because he refused to look up before he passed, he didn't once utilised his pace, he's nearly a waste of space.

DOUBLE-YOU

i think you guys forget it takes time to adjust when you move up a level. Hoyte didn't look too good yesterday, but he was playing against some seasoned internationals. he has to adjust to that standard of football. Henry didn't set the world alight in hhis first few games for us either

What i will add though, is a lot of supporters keep calling for wenger to play the youngsters. if fans think they are not ready - after watching them play a handful of games (i.e Hoyte)- then wenger probably feels the same and thats why he buys foriegners.

trust, the good ones always come through like cole and cesc

kel varnsen

Established Member
DOUBLE-YOU said:
i think you guys forget it takes time to adjust when you move up a level. Hoyte didn't look too good yesterday, but he was playing against some seasoned internationals. he has to adjust to that standard of football. Henry didn't set the world alight in hhis first few games for us either

What i will add though, is a lot of supporters keep calling for wenger to play the youngsters. if fans think they are not ready - after watching them play a handful of games (i.e Hoyte)- then wenger probably feels the same and thats why he buys foriegners.

trust, the good ones always come through like cole and cesc

well, look at clichy and cesc's first games for arsenal. they didn't have any problems at all adjusting to the pace of the game in the premiership. i won't rule out hoyte just yet, but i'm not optimistic. i think he will move on and have a decent career in some average premier league club....

kel varnsen

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:
Move clichy over to the right, the guy is a superstar and deserves to be playing, hes no nonesense and hard as nails.

yeah, clichy is amazing. he is super fast, classy defender and good ball control. bellion, who's very quick, had no chance against clichy.

sabret00the

Established Member
if clichy was on the right we'd without a doubt have the best defence in the league, him on the right and senderos ready to come throught he ranks, that's drool worthy.

siddharth

My Dream defence would be :

Seitaridis------Coloccini------Campbell------Cole

Seitaridis------Coloccini------Senderos-------Cole

When Campbell retires ;D

Clarkey

It made me laugh how in The S*n Shaun Custis gave Hoyte a crap score saying that he made the slip for the Manure goal, when it was Djourou. To show how further dumb the guy is he writes in his article beside it that it was Djourou that made the slip. The guys an idiot.

gooner#1

Hoyte is a brilliant prospect for this club.I can imgaine him doing very well all of a sudden we had a CB/Rb crisis.But I cant really picture seeing that happening .I expect him to play against Rosenborg . I would like to see a bit more of both ,Senderos and Hoyte if any one of KoloSol gets injured .

gooner#1

Hoyte is a brilliant prospect for this club.I can imgaine him doing very well all of a sudden we had a CB/Rb crisis.But I cant really picture seeing that happening .I expect him to play against Rosenborg . I would like to see a bit more of both ,Senderos and Hoyte if any one of KoloSol gets injured .

sabret00the

Established Member
Clarkey said:
It made me laugh how in The S*n Shaun Custis gave Hoyte a crap score saying that he made the slip for the Manure goal, when it was Djourou. To show how further dumb the guy is he writes in his article beside it that it was Djourou that made the slip. The guys an idiot.
i read about four papers that day including the sun, the mirror and the times and the sun actually gave us the best/most unbiast ratings. but Shaun Curtis aint a good writer, their best writer is Steven Howard, i'm suprised he's still there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom